Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC - The story so far  (Read 15646 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 21:17:40 »

I noticed a few of the books being sold had been signed by Paolo. Could buy a load for £2 get them signed pitch side and make a tidy profit selling them on to Hammers fans etc.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 22:00:50 »

Fantastic article, really enjoyed reading that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 17:33:05 »

Can't have enough respect for the guy, feel very lucky to have him at our club.

Paolo the Samurai - love it.

di Canio is a nut job, there's no two ways about it....his Samurai idol, Yukio Mishima, I recall from the early 70's, because he committed hari kari, after a failed right wing coup d'etat.....best lock up the CG cutlery if we don't beat Morecambe.
nochee

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 01:42:26 »

I arrived back  in Swindon late last night and went back home to my mums house where I had my copy of Paolos book delivered. The introduction to the book is amazing. It covers the story of West Ham v Bradford and the famous incident where Paolo demanded to be substituted due to the frustration of being denied 3 stonewall penalties whilst WHU were losing 2-4. We all know the story of what happened. But, to read it from the man himself and to know the emotions of what he went through that afternoon is a wonderful story. As we know, this guy has passion and I am very proud he is part of the Swindon family.

In PDC we trust.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:51:26 »

I arrived back  in Swindon late last night and went back home to my mums house where I had my copy of Paolos book delivered. The introduction to the book is amazing. It covers the story of West Ham v Bradford and the famous incident where Paolo demanded to be substituted due to the frustration of being denied 3 stonewall penalties whilst WHU were losing 2-4. We all know the story of what happened. But, to read it from the man himself and to know the emotions of what he went through that afternoon is a wonderful story. As we know, this guy has passion and I am very proud he is part of the Swindon family.

In PDC we trust.

This seems to be a similar (ish) incident to Clarke's incident  Huh?
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 6, 2012, 20:22:00 »

PDC has been interviewed on Colin Murrays 5 live show tonight and was given the scenario of the Wigan keeper going up for a corner in the 93rd minute with the scores level and landing awkwardly and being badly injured,the ball being played to Matt Richie who with an open goal beckoning,picks the ball up in an act of good faith, what would he do,I'd kick his ass was Di Canios answer. The mans a God
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 08:47:15 »

Article in the daily mail today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091728/Paolo-Di-Canio-barbarian-Swindon-cool-life-England.html
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 09:07:58 »

I've only glanced at it but that looks like the same article word for word that was done by The Telegraph (I think?) a few weeks ago.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 09:16:05 »

I've only glanced at it but that looks like the same article word for word that was done by The Telegraph (I think?) a few weeks ago.

The Independent, but yeah.
china red

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 09:46:01 »

One of my friends here is Italian and an AC fan.  In the past he really couldn't give a shit about Swindon, whenever I mentioned them I could see that he really wasn't listening.  When PDC was appointed he told me that Di Canio was nothing in Italy unless you were a fan of Lazio and that people weren't interested.  Recently his tune has changed, every time I talk to him he has some little piece of 'Swindon news' which has appeared in the Italian newspapers. 

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 09:51:49 »

Thanks for that Tans, ive just got his book so am enjoying that but love when he talks about Swindon the way he does in articles like this. Paolo is a top man.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 10:06:33 »

Given all the evidence that disproves the myth that the man is a fascist, or racist, or Nazi, i'm surprised
that those who chose not to support the club since his appointment haven't yet realised they were
mistaken and come back into the fold.

Maybe it says more about their blinkered and stubborn viewpoint than it does about PDC?  

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 10:56:30 »

Maybe they don't believe the evidence.

Its a shame because aside from some of August I've pretty much loved every kick of this season so far.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 11:00:40 »

you have to admire their resolve though (or stubborness)...I dont think I have what it takes to be a freedom fighter..would have caved in months ago...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 11:02:03 »

It does suck to admit when you're wrong. It's probably that.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: