Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967964 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 19:04:26 »

Blackpool approach Franchise for Robinson. I'd expect Winkleman to knock them back.

Why not take the club as well?

Clems Army!
DRS

« Reply #976 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:25:04 »

Don't be suprised to see Ferry get a call up under Strachan.Strachan loved him at Celtic
Coca Fola

« Reply #977 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:32:04 »

Not a chance.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:37:35 »

Not a chance.

I dunno, if he's bossing our midfield in the Championship next year, it's quite possible.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DRS

« Reply #979 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 23:31:02 »

Not a chance.
Why not
Coca Fola

« Reply #980 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 23:38:49 »

Charlie Adam, Darren Fletcher, Barry Bannan, Matt Phillips, James Morrison, Shaun Maloney, James McArthur, Scott Brown, Graham Dorrans, James Forrest, Robert Snodgrass, Andrew Shinnie, Kris Commons....

Ferry is better than how many of these?
DRS

« Reply #981 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 01:58:13 »

Over half of them are wingers,fletcher is suppose to be quitting international football and another 3 of those will be old for the next campaigne,have a search of ferry and strachan and you may be suprised just highly strachan rated him.I am not saying he will play etc just dont be suprised to seehim called up one day
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 03:21:17 »

ferry has proved for long enough now that, despite his natural character, he is a perfect professional who will strive with all of his heart to do the best for the team he is playing for. 

he gives everything when on the pitch and over the last 12 or so months has added so much more to his game - he's tenacious, creative, athletic and he is now breaking forward from midfield so often that opposing defenders have no idea who they should be paying attention to, which is part of the reason we are scoring so many goals at the moment.

the impact that ferry has on our side at the moment should never be underestimated - everything goes through him - he may not get the goals or assitsts that ritchie gets but without him neither would ritchie.

for me he is indispensable and i dare say exactly what scotland need at the moment - he has an energy which is so rare in the modern game and i would have him in my squad regardless of which division because he is every inch the footballer i know i could rely on to do the very best for his team no matter the odds against them.

simon ferry is a fucking hero and i hope to god that when paolo gets us into the prem he is still here and by then hopefully captain - i wouldn't swap him for the world.

you can keep all of those coca fola and i'll keep simon ferry. 

i really do think a massive proportion of our fanbase need to realise how lucky we are to have him, he's one of the best footballers we've had in a very, very long time.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 07:19:37 »

Disagree KT, just like I disagreed with Leeds fans banging on about Snodgrass when he was playing third tier football.

I cannot believe any 3rd division footballer would be close enough to the standard of being able to positively contribute to an international squad. Perhaps when Ferry is playing week in week out top end Championship he will get his chance, but he's not used to competing with a good enough standard of players through out the season to be selected ahead of the player CF mentioned.

Another example would be Austin, we all knew he was a natural goal scorer when he was with us, but there was no way he'd ever be thought about for internationals, he has to prove he can do it in the championship, then the premiership, against top class opponents, and then he'll get his chance.

Hope he does make it one day though, as Ferry's a 'top boi'.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 08:12:35 »

ferry has proved for long enough now that, despite his natural character, he is a perfect professional who will strive with all of his heart to do the best for the team he is playing for. 

he gives everything when on the pitch and over the last 12 or so months has added so much more to his game - he's tenacious, creative, athletic and he is now breaking forward from midfield so often that opposing defenders have no idea who they should be paying attention to, which is part of the reason we are scoring so many goals at the moment.

the impact that ferry has on our side at the moment should never be underestimated - everything goes through him - he may not get the goals or assitsts that ritchie gets but without him neither would ritchie.

for me he is indispensable and i dare say exactly what scotland need at the moment - he has an energy which is so rare in the modern game and i would have him in my squad regardless of which division because he is every inch the footballer i know i could rely on to do the very best for his team no matter the odds against them.

simon ferry is a fucking hero and i hope to god that when paolo gets us into the prem he is still here and by then hopefully captain - i wouldn't swap him for the world.

you can keep all of those coca fola and i'll keep simon ferry. 

i really do think a massive proportion of our fanbase need to realise how lucky we are to have him, he's one of the best footballers we've had in a very, very long time.

Couldn't agree more.

I was fortunate to have a decent chat with 5 members of our squad last season ( only one of which is still here) I did ask them who they all thought was Towns best player and they all said Simon Ferry...
Barry Scott

« Reply #985 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 08:32:33 »

I'm also very much in the Ferry fan club - I love Ferry more than my family. I also believe he's our best player.

It's been said loads on here, but most of us say that, if *player name* was consistent, he wouldn't be at this level for long. Well, I don't believe Ferry's had a bad game since the relegation and even then he didn't really, in my opinion, because he didn't really play. Hence, he's crucial to the team. He works hard and doesn't fuck shit up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #986 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:31:19 »

I think Ferry is good enough for an international call up for Scotland.

If they can call up Rangers players which is a much much lower standard than our league then Ferry stands a great chance and TBH I have been to several Scots Premier League games and the standard is on average pretty much the same as it is in League 1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:33:23 »

I think Ferry is great, he's not effective in every game (is anyone) but he links things up better than anyone else (IMHO).

Not sure his personality suits all, but his mental toughness is immense. To come back from being dropped for Prutton, not many could do that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #988 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:33:33 »

And as for call ups from this league....both Steve Bull and Peter Taylor were called up for England while playing at this level and both did ok against supposedly better quality players......if you are on a good run of form then you can pit yourself against anyone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:35:48 »

Oh yeah, Franchise's Robinson has asked to talk to Winkleman about Blackpool's approach.
Even if it goes nowhere then anything that unsettles our rivals is good.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: