Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1975162 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 20:35:13 »

While he plays up to the Italian stereotype, I don't think you can ignore the affinity he has with the English game.  He clearly likes it here...and wouldn't have come back after a lengthy spell away if he didn't.  He'll have plenty of options when he decides to call time with us - here and abroad.  But it may be a while yet.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 20:47:41 »

He's said before that he doesn't want to manage in Italy and came here specifically because he thinks the game suits him better as a manager than anywhere else.

My guess is that when he's done with us he'll go to a lower prem team then ultimately I think he'll end up at West Ham, I think it's inevitable.

In my opinion he'll go right to the very top, I know it's early days but I can see him one day managing a massive football club.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 21:14:12 »

The Shitty fans seemed to think PDC would be a motivator and ideal to achieve a turnaround.  Time isn't on their side.

How would he deal with expectations of a struggling side?

PDC is a motivator, sure, but he seems to be at his best when given time to correct mistakes and unite a squad, PDC's way, which can take time.

He is a builder and for that reason, imo,  he would choose to move on when his project ends here and when he is given another project - not mid season to rescue some Championship club in the shit.  That would only happen if, by chance,  it coincided with a genuine fall out with the board here.

PDC is loyal, in his own terms, and as long as Swindon's and PDC's very own "project promotion" to the Championship remains, I doubt very much that he would leave mid-season other than to WHU. 

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #963 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 09:53:42 »

I think him and a few clubs would be a good match, but he will not leave us mid season for a struggling Championship club.

Now if a Premiership club came in then that could be a different story.

Not that I think many would take the gamble on him, the only ones being WHU or possibly Wigan or Villa.

I do fear that if Villa sack Lambert then they will make an approach for Paolo.

They have seen his work up close this season and they will give him lots of funding for new players and he is the type of man they would be looking for, cheap (in comparison to an established manager) and a known motivator of players who play good football. The only possible minus point would be that he has not worked in management with a struggling club. Whether he has enough about him to stop the rot in a team that are low in motivation and pride, which Villa obviously are at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:14:48 »

City appoint O'Driscoll on rolling contract
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #965 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:21:06 »

Roll on...roll off....gone by the end of the season after relegation ala Paul Hart.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 11:05:18 »

I guess their approach to Blackburn for Michael Appleton was knocked back
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 12:46:57 »

Surprised he's gone to Shitty...resigned, sacked and relegated all in the same season for Mr O'Driscoll with 3 different clubs!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 12:49:12 »

I hope Dunne stays at Colchester for a few more weeks. Sods law they have a new manager just before our game!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 13:03:28 »

I guess their approach to Blackburn for Michael Appleton was knocked back

We'll have him when Paolo leaves... Wink

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 14:18:57 »

Anyone that went to the last game of the season there in 1987 when we kept them out of the play-offs might suggest otherwise.

They really did give two shits about us that day, we got both barrels outside afterwards.
Worse than any Poxford game I can remember.
Spot on. Any match against City proves they do give a shit. Cleatly the Rovers match may mean more brizzle bragging rights, but that will end soon when Rovers are in the conference.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 17:47:19 »

I think him and a few clubs would be a good match, but he will not leave us mid season for a struggling Championship club.

Now if a Premiership club came in then that could be a different story.

Not that I think many would take the gamble on him, the only ones being WHU or possibly Wigan or Villa.

I do fear that if Villa sack Lambert then they will make an approach for Paolo.

They have seen his work up close this season and they will give him lots of funding for new players and he is the type of man they would be looking for, cheap (in comparison to an established manager) and a known motivator of players who play good football. The only possible minus point would be that he has not worked in management with a struggling club. Whether he has enough about him to stop the rot in a team that are low in motivation and pride, which Villa obviously are at the moment.

I'm more worried about Leeds coming in for him when Warnock is no doubt sacked in a week or 2. Having said that though Ken Bates isn't there anymore.

On a more serious note though would any manager really want to manage at that level? There are a lot of ex-PL teams in there who seem to think they have a divine right to be in the top flight and thus if aren't in the top half or the top 6 sack their managers without hesitation. The manager turnaround in the championship this season has been beyond crazy.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 12:32:15 »

Sky,Breaking News: Strachan named Scotland manager.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 12:56:43 »

Sky,Breaking News: Strachan named Scotland manager.
If he wanted to end his career, surely he'd have been better off just quietly retiring?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 18:18:39 »

Blackpool approach Franchise for Robinson. I'd expect Winkleman to knock them back.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: