Pages: 1 ... 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967207 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #8115 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 21:05:21 »

I’m not defending JS at all -  the prehistoric tactics and style of play, lack of ideas  and the touch line ranting  were unacceptable, and it was also said that he rarely turned up for training.
However, we should also note, to be fair, ( having listened to some of the interviews on the LS podcast - eg Paul Caddis) it is clear that everything off the pitch was not set up to deliver positive results last year - the lack of medical facilities, the double decker bus for away trip to Ipswich, players bringing their own sandwiches for pre match meals etc being the examples that come to mind readily.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8116 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:37:42 »

Perhaps Lee Power has invested in Oldham - Tommy Wright has now joined as 'coach'
#AnnounceTaylorCurran

I come from a land down-under
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #8117 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 17:09:26 »

Without delving into his records for the past tenures, one could argue being sacked would suggest otherwise. Unless he left on a high for greater things, after all it is not often you take a new job in football management because the club are doing well and the previous incumbent fucked off for greater things. You generally get the gig because they’re in the shit and you generally leave because they’re in the shit.

Not so much.  Two decades of lower league management. 12 spells of management, one promotion at Chesterfield. No success of any kind other than avoiding relegation anywhere else. Since he left Plymouth in 2015 he's had 10 jobs and lasted a year at only one.

At least one sacking for gross misconduct, several "left by mutual agreements" including one after a fight with players at a race track.

How ex-players like him keep getting management jobs is beyond me.

..never go back.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8118 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 17:14:57 »

Not so much.  Two decades of lower league management. 12 spells of management, one promotion at Chesterfield. No success of any kind other than avoiding relegation anywhere else. Since he left Plymouth in 2015 he's had 10 jobs and lasted a year at only one.

At least one sacking for gross misconduct, several "left by mutual agreements" including one after a fight with players at a race track.

How ex-players like him keep getting management jobs is beyond me.

I rest my cast your honour.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8119 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:25:37 »

I see Woy Hodgson has got the Watford job making him their 6th manager in 2 years and 3 months.

That now means he is now Watford 6th manager since they last kept a Premier League clean sheet and their 20th full time manager in 13 years, thats a recipe for disaster at any club.

By comparison Swindon have had 20 managers since 2000.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8120 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:50:17 »

Probably the most sensible appointment they have made in last 5 years or so.

Heard a good stat, Watford’s current owners have made 15 'permanent' managerial appointments at Watford whereas only 14 people have ever been recognised as the Dalai Lama. The first one was born in 1391.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #8121 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:16:29 »

The first one was born in 1391.

The same year as Roy. What a coincidence!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8122 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:19:29 »

I see Woy Hodgson has got the Watford job making him their 6th manager in 2 years and 3 months.

That now means he is now Watford 6th manager since they last kept a Premier League clean sheet and their 20th full time manager in 13 years, thats a recipe for disaster at any club.

By comparison Swindon have had 20 managers since 2000.

Indeed, as many have noted Manager of the Month is not an award but a job title at Watford these days.

As a counter to the disaster idea, the one thing about Watford is that the club is set up to operate like this so the coach is disposable and the structure of the wider football side fairly rigid, this is different to say Everton where Benitez was supported to the hilt  then sacked after he had made loads of changes leaving them to start from scratch again.

Its a shit show, but in a different ways to others.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8123 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 12:42:38 »

Watford don't appoint a Manager, for the reasons described above, they've been quite open about it.  I think they rely on the approach of ensuring the Head Coach is changed regularly to get that new impetus each time while the behind the scenes structure remains in place.  For a club their size it has worked quite well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8124 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 12:44:57 »

I fucking hate Watford
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8125 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 12:59:02 »

I fucking hate Watford

I find it hard to see why anyone would hate Watford (unless you were a Luton fan) because they’re such a beige club.

It’s a bit like Peterborough, outside of Northampton or Cambridge I don’t think anyone gives a shut about them unless they are playing against them.

Unlike Franchise FC who everyone should detest because of how they started
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8126 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 13:10:06 »

1995. FA cup tie at Vicarage Road. Our fans were on the bottom tier of a stand and their fans gobbed on us from above all game.

That’s reason enough for me.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8127 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 13:36:56 »

1995. FA cup tie at Vicarage Road. Our fans were on the bottom tier of a stand and their fans gobbed on us from above all game.

Fair enough
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8128 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 14:18:40 »

Wow, you have just reminded me the same happened to me, my Step bro and his wife on the way out from there in the 90’s.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #8129 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 19:21:30 »

Lee Johnson gone from SUnderland after their 6-0 demolition at the weekend.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: