Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox to Leicester...  (Read 3455 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 06:26:08 »

2.4 million offer apparently... Hopefully we have a sell on clause....

Source: Daily Mail
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:23:54 »

Wow, I reckon he will score plenty at Championship at level if he gets regular games.

Good luck to him and hopefully a decent amount of money for us aswell.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:25:46 »

Interesting move for him that one, Leicester seem to be throwing the cash around like nobody's business.

Not sure it would be a major profit for WBA, but we might get a bit of money out of it.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 09:24:40 »

I'm sure Fitton had big sell on clause, but whether that was also linked to goals and appearances for WBA I cant remember.
matt1971

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 09:39:39 »

we've done well out of cox,as well as transfer fee we had a promotion clause should they reach they premier league,an international clause (he played for re ireland) and sell on clause.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:25:23 »

If there's one guy that deserves regular first team football at a high level.....

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:31:56 »

This is what Fitton said after the sale of Cox....

ANDREW Fitton has admitted it will be a painful experience to fill out the cheque that will go to Reading as part of Simon Cox’s sell-on fee.

But the Town chairman is adamant the club took the correct action in negotiating the clause in the first place, and believes they will become increasingly prevalent in football in the coming years.

It is believed Reading will receive £600,000 as part of Cox’s £1.5million move to Championship side West Brom, while Town could receive up to £400,000 in performance-related add-ons.

“Right now it will hurt to write out that cheque,” admitted Fitton.

“But they (Reading) wouldn’t have sold him if we hadn’t given them a very generous sell-on.

“It was a win-win situation, all we paid for Simon Cox was £120,000, whereas they valued him at £400,000.

“It was the right place for him to come and play football in order to put himself on the map.”

And Fitton reckons many transfer deals in the coming years will feature a sizeable sell-on clause, with many clubs reluctant to shell out for players in one lump sum.

“There’s a lot of action and a lot of people talking deals, but how many are actually getting done?” he said.

“The gross value of transfers will be substantially down if you take out the Premiership.

“They (generous sell-on clauses) are going to become a feature of football going forward.

“We’ve got a player who I think will be joining us from a much bigger club, and we can do a similar arrangement with him.

“We want people to come to Swindon not only because we want them to play for Swindon, but because it’s a good place to develop your career.”

And Fitton promised fans that Town officials are doing their utmost to add more new faces to the squad for the 2009/10 campaign.

“We’ve been talking to a number of other players,” he revealed.

“I had a conversation with Danny just the other day. He said, ‘I’m not in a hurry, I’m not panicked. I would rather get the right player late than the wrong player early’.”

« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:35:45 by System » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 13:55:16 »

Feel a bit sorry for Cox as he's never been given a decent run at West Brom in the PL. He's shown he can deliver when given a chance but it never seems to be enough. Can see the same happening at Leicester if they get promoted.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 14:37:37 »

Feel a bit sorry for Cox as he's never been given a decent run at West Brom in the PL. He's shown he can deliver when given a chance but it never seems to be enough. Can see the same happening at Leicester if they get promoted.

that's my worry too for him, he may play a few games in the championship but if they go up sven will have another war chest and he, and most of this seasons squad, will be out in the cold
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 14:40:04 »

quite often wondered what a war chest looks like?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 14:44:55 »

[url width=428 height=384]http://www.winthelisting.com/files/2011/07/grand_money_emergency_fund_treasure_chest.jpg[/url]
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 14:45:40 »

impressive. chocolate coins, too. result!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 14:48:40 »

ha hadn't spotted they were chocolate coins. Guess that was the war chest used to pay Ruddock then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: