Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hearts v Spurs  (Read 2285 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:19:44 »

Anyone watching this? I've not watched all of it but the Spurs goals have been absolutely clinical (they're 3-0 up after 27 minutes.) and Hearts are just not in it. I suppose it just confirms what we already new about the SPL.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:21:54 »

Typical Jocks in Europe - might as well have given Spurs a bye.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:26:42 »

Anyone watching this? I've not watched all of it but the Spurs goals have been absolutely clinical (they're 3-0 up after 27 minutes.) and Hearts are just not in it. I suppose it just confirms what we already new about the SPL.
Yep,seriously doubt any SPL side would last a season in our premier league including the Glasgow pair.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:31:13 »

Hearts have been dire
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:43:28 »

Yep,seriously doubt any SPL side would last a season in our premier league including the Glasgow pair.

Until they gain admission to the Prem, that is, and lose the handicap of playing in an inferior league.  Within 2 or 3 years, the Old Firm would rise to the top end of the Premiership table once they had a level playing field with the likes of Liverpool and Man U.

No one should be surprised at that general standard of the SPL is as low as it is.  Scotland has 10% of the population of England.  Easy to rationalise.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:51:07 »

Until they gain admission to the Prem, that is, and lose the handicap of playing in an inferior league.  Within 2 or 3 years, the Old Firm would rise to the top end of the Premiership table once they had a level playing field with the likes of Liverpool and Man U.

No one should be surprised at that general standard of the SPL is as low as it is.  Scotland has 10% of the population of England.  Easy to rationalise.

Can't we just enjoy the fact that they're shit without over-analysing the whys and wherefores?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 19:56:37 »

I'm sorry.  It's just I'm having to do a late one at work (holiday next week), and I found a bottle of claret in the kitchen.  It makes me want to play devil's advocate with everything.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 20:08:24 »

If the Jocks were to go into the English League then Celtic / Rangers would be mid table Championship. A couple of others might scrape into the Championship but teams like Inveness would be with the dead men like us. I agree that within a few years with increased revenue they would reach the Prem but they would be like Fulham / Bolton but not top 6.
I'll see your claret and raise you a Chardonnay.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 12:56:55 »

Complete mismatch.

Hopefully the Jambos have enough to see off the peg sellers in the derby next weekend.

Swindon to beat the Pox and Hearts to beat Hibs will see me happy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 12:58:15 »

Can't bring myself to watch anything containing Scottish teams - absolutely dire.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 13:04:11 »

Can't bring myself to watch anything containing Scottish teams - absolutely dire.

It is dire, but likewise you watch League 2 football (I assume) which is hardly the best quality in the world.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 13:09:41 »

It is dire, but likewise you watch League 2 football (I assume) which is hardly the best quality in the world.

But its not a fair comparison, or rather it is. Which is a shame given we are talking about Scotland's top league and England's bottom league.

Disappointed Vlad hasn't had a rant and sacked the manager yet.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 13:12:29 »

But its not a fair comparison, or rather it is. Which is a shame given we are talking about Scotland's top league and England's bottom league.

Disappointed Vlad hasn't had a rant and sacked the manager yet.

Scotland has a massive problem. The product up there is appalling. Won't be long before the SPL is on the same level as the Welsh and Irish leagues.

Vlad is a nutjob, plain and simple!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 13:31:53 »

I've always wondered how the fuck Celtic and Rangers often manage to compete so well against our top teams in the Champions League, as by rights they should be getting beaten easily. I put it down to it being their cup final though, can't be much bigger than a game against a PL team (especially a top 6 team) for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: