Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Line-up 'going forward'  (Read 5143 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:34:47 »

Yep thats where I read it a week ago today.

“I said a few days ago we do not need a loan goalkeeper. We have Phil Smith and he has improved a lot,” said the Town boss.

“We wait for Mattia Lanzano and I do not want to bring anyone else here because it means they are not at a good level.

“I would prefer to give a chance to our own young players.

“I am happy with Phil Smith and I hope Mattia can recover very soon because then we will have two very good goalkeepers at the same level, which is good.”

Which bit of that translated to Lanzano is STFC number 1 and always will be no matter how Phil Smith plays?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:41:49 »

that was before playing well Saturday. PDC also said he'd be sending Bodin out on loan, but Bodin obviously impressed last week.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:55:41 »

“I said a few days ago we do not need a loan goalkeeper. We have Phil Smith and he has improved a lot,” said the Town boss.

“We wait for Mattia Lanzano and I do not want to bring anyone else here because it means they are not at a good level.

“I would prefer to give a chance to our own young players.

“I am happy with Phil Smith and I hope Mattia can recover very soon because then we will have two very good goalkeepers at the same level, which is good.”

Which bit of that translated to Lanzano is STFC number 1 and always will be no matter how Phil Smith plays?

Smith has often expressed his happiness at being at Swindon, and insists that though he is unlikely to play much as things stand, he is not looking to move elsewhere.

“When the manager told me I explained that this is my club and my family are happy here,” he said.

This bit..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:58:22 »

No it doesnt.

Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:03:34 »

I'd like to see Devera at RB, was that his position at Barnet last season? I also prefer Caddis in a more advanced position, and i'd hate to see Flint dropped after his start so that would work out well. Switching Ritchie to the left would mean a bit more cutting in and shooting too, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Smith

Devera
Flint
Comazzi
Kennedy

Caddis (RM)
Risser
McCormack / Smith
Ritchie (LM)

De Vita / Bodin
Connell
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:13:39 »

The only thing with Connell is whether he can keep that tempo for 90 minutes as I'm sure PDC said somewhere he was behind the others fitness wise - which is probably why he was on the bench Saturday...
Muffin Man

« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:17:14 »

No it doesnt.

Jesus christ you are a blinkered twat arent you? its in black and white that Smith will not be first choice yet you still believe that you know best and that what the adver stats as fact is wrong? do you have a problem in being proved wrong?

Smith has often expressed his happiness at being at Swindon, and insists that though he is unlikely to play much as things stand, he is not looking to move elsewhere.

Does that not state clearly enough that he is not going to be classed as first choice?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:20:22 »

Jesus christ you are a blinkered twat arent you? its in black and white that Smith will not be first choice yet you still believe that you know best and that what the adver stats as fact is wrong? do you have a problem in being proved wrong?

Does that not state clearly enough that he is not going to be classed as first choice?

"As things stand".

I would suggest things stand differently now Smithy has played a blinder in the opening game. Not to say PDC won't still prefer Lanzano, but it'll certainly make his decision much harder.
König

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:21:48 »

the argument isn't about whether Smith is classed as number 1 but whether or not he'll keep his place when lanzano is fit, which many think he should based on his performance on saturday
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 11:59:33 »

I don't think we will see many changes other than Connell coming in for Bodin - although I expect that Bodin is now gutted at being called up after getting the nod for the first game

I suspect though that PDC ma ychange personnel to suit the oposition if he thinks he needs to add something else in
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:03:12 »

Need to play some of the others on Tues

Smith

Thompson Flint Comazzi Kennedy

Atiku McCormack Ferry Timlin

Connell Bodin

Subs Bedwell Devera Caddis Risser J Smith Ritchie De Vita (i think its 7 subs for Carling cup?)

I used to be Fatbury
adje

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:04:10 »

I'd like to see Devera at RB, was that his position at Barnet last season? I also prefer Caddis in a more advanced position, and i'd hate to see Flint dropped after his start so that would work out well. Switching Ritchie to the left would mean a bit more cutting in and shooting too, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Smith

Devera
Flint
Comazzi
Kennedy

Caddis (RM)
Risser
McCormack / Smith
Ritchie (LM)

De Vita / Bodin
Connell

Timlin should definitely keep his place imo

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:08:57 »

Timlin should definitely keep his place imo

Completely agree.

Several Crewe fans also mentioned he put in a decent shift Saturday. 
Barry Scott

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:11:38 »

Firstly, it does say he's not first choice. Which was never even disputed. Your original post didn't say, "Phil Smith is not number 1." Myself and DV then didn't start saying, yes he is...

I suggest you read back what you typed:

Well PdC has already said that as soon as Lanzano is fit then he will take the keeper spot

There is not one line in that article, as DV correctly mentioned, where it says PdC WILL be dropping Smith as soon as Lanzano is fit. Which, if you read back what you typed, is EXACTLY what you said. Incorrectly I might add.

Yes Phil Smith is number 2, which is not what any of us are disputing. What we're disputing is that PdC said PS will immediately be dropped once Lanzano is fit.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:24:49 »

that article angered phil smith and his family as it was aload of bollocks concocted by the author of it.
he doesn't accept being no2 keeper at all and wants to play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: