Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: aldershot town fc  (Read 4273 times)
red and blue

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 22:10:47 »

hi swindon fans looking forward to our leauge meetings with you this season hope your fans are more welcoming than back in 1987 if i remember rightly when we beat you 3-2 in the mickey mouse cup we had concrete thrown at us and 2 coaches had windows smashed  Bye oh what happy days they were Grin
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 23:01:03 »

Fuck me was that 24 years ago.....never forgiven Frazer for that one Cheesy
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 23:18:25 »

Must be a losing thing, can't remember any windows being smashed with concrete when we beat you 7-0 in 83 ! Always was a tough place to go away to though ( in more ways than one ) with all the squaddies in town. That's what I'm looking forward to this season playing the different teams we haven't met for years. Without the concrete though !
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 08:16:27 »

Must be a losing thing, can't remember any windows being smashed with concrete when we beat you 7-0 in 83 ! Always was a tough place to go away to though ( in more ways than one ) with all the squaddies in town. That's what I'm looking forward to this season playing the different teams we haven't met for years. Without the concrete though !

Aldershot Town are a different club to Aldershot....in much the same way Bristol City 1982 ltd are a different club to Bristol City.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 08:35:43 »

Do you support a football club or a legal entity, Reg?  Grey area, I know - but I tend to the view that if the fan base is largely the same, it's the same club - the fans being the raison d'etre of the club.  For example, to my mind this season will not be the first encounter we've had with Wimbledon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 08:55:52 »

Do you support a football club or a legal entity, Reg?  Grey area, I know - but I tend to the view that if the fan base is largely the same, it's the same club - the fans being the raison d'etre of the club.  For example, to my mind this season will not be the first encounter we've had with Wimbledon.

The fans of Aldershot Town wanted them to be considered a new club....the old club was wound up and started again, the same thing happened to Accrington Stanley.  Leeds City were morphed into Leeds United and started again, nobody remembers City now as it was a few years back. Bristol City were wound up.....the rules were changed after them, as they should have gone the way of Chester, Scarborough Maidstone etc...out of the league and start again at a lower level.

Headington, to be fair, weren't wound up....but were hugely fortunate to be elected into the Football League, on the back of a name change. Previously they were getting less votes than the likes of Gateshead, Bedford Town, Burton Albion, Gloucester City, Nelson, Worcester City and Bath City.  At least this time they reached the FL on merit.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 09:03:53 »

I learned something there.  Thanks.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 16:14:07 »

hi swindon fans looking forward to our leauge meetings with you this season hope your fans are more welcoming than back in 1987 if i remember rightly when we beat you 3-2 in the mickey mouse cup we had concrete thrown at us and 2 coaches had windows smashed  Bye oh what happy days they were Grin

Legged it over the Magic for that....i remember those big coach windows getting stoved in.

Clems Army!
oakleigh2010

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 18:32:05 »

Legged it over the Magic for that....i remember those big coach windows getting stoved in.

I was on the Magic Roundabout too. If we'd beaten Aldershit then we would have had a two legged are final v. Bristol Shitty with two guaranteed full houses.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 1, 2011, 19:18:07 »

I can remember the referee taking some slaps as he made his way off........... and Foyle is still a cunt.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:47:01 »

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 09:22:38 »

Nice opportunity to see why Rambo was the slowest defender in the world!
Just look at the lack of pace that forces Digby to come out of his area. Class!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:42:04 »

Was that the Andy King?!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 11:47:16 »

According to Wikipedia he was playing for Aldershot at the time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 12:17:27 »

Was that the Andy King?!

Yes....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: