Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs India Test Series  (Read 46807 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 18, 2011, 19:55:38 »

I'll be going on Friday and to the Friday of the Edgbaston test, hoping my Indians can do the job but I fear that the lack of practice in English conditions might cost us dear.

The bowling seems to have been discussed but I think a different issue could be the fact that Sehwag is missing.  He averages 50+, and often goes away like a train at the start and sets the tempo.  True Anderson may have got him in trouble if the ball swung early.  But on a flat one with no swing Sehwag would have pinned his ears back and gone.

I think it was last year the Bangladeshi opener who played his shots Tammin often got them away to flyers, and England seemed to struggle to pin him back.

England will probably win it through the seamers.  I know Swann is the best spinner in the world but Indians play spin that well that I dont see Swann running through them with 5-50 odd at all.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 15:47:50 »

Looking forward to this series.Hopefully get some nice weather and i'll be able to take it easy in the garden listening to TMS.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:22:47 »

Not so sure about that....Shreesanth and Praveen Kumar, can both get the ball to move around, if it's swinging. In the unlikely event of spin friendly conditions then Harbajan and Mishra are both class.

Tremlett's bowling style and form has taken the attack to a new level - and he's the perfect foil for Anderson. Different bowlers, but equally threatening from the off. The real strength is the fact we've got 7 seamers (Anderson, Broad, Tremlett, Bresnan, Finn, Onions and Shazad) with genuine test quality - we can pick bowlers in form and bowlers for the conditions.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:43:13 »

Hope I'm proved wrong but really think our bowling will struggle - against a lineup far better to the Aussies at the moment. Looks like weather will play a part at Lords but otherwise I see big scores from both teams. If we beat them Swann will be man of the series.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:48:56 »

Tremlett's bowling style and form has taken the attack to a new level - and he's the perfect foil for Anderson. Different bowlers, but equally threatening from the off. The real strength is the fact we've got 7 seamers (Anderson, Broad, Tremlett, Bresnan, Finn, Onions and Shazad) with genuine test quality - we can pick bowlers in form and bowlers for the conditions.

Finn and Shahzad are about as Test quality as I am this summer
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 18:50:30 »

If England are going to win the Series, we need to win two of the first three tests I think...will be a whole lot trickier once Sehwag is back.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 19:10:55 »

Finn and Shahzad are about as Test quality as I am this summer

Well Michael Holding seems to agree with me. He's just repeated the exact same thing on Sky. I'll side with him on this one.

Finn...youngest English bowler to 50 test wickets, best emerging player in the world 2010, 14 wickets in the Ashes.

Shahzad - 6th out of the 6, but can offer something different - reverse the ball at pace.

Against Sri Lanka in 2006, Anderson, Jones and Harmison were out - all we had to turn to was Mahmood, Plunkett and Lewis to bowl alongside Hoggard and Flintoff.

Saying all that, they should win the toss and bat tomorrow morning.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 19:13:10 by The Moonraker » Logged
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 09:13:03 »

Gutted!! I've got two tickets for this Saturday at Lords but now I can't go. They are in The Upper Compton Stand and are £80 each which is face value. If anyone wants to buy them please pm me asap. I'll send them guaranteed next day post today. Cheers.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:00:19 »

India win the toss and bowl, Praveen Kumar in the side who doesn't bowl quickly but could be fun with the clouds...

Starting at half eleven, 'mon Strauss.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:18:41 »

It's a pity we lost the toss - I would've fancied us bowling today.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:40:41 »

India have to take advantage this morning, or if the sun comes out later, this will become a flat track.

Watching the first couple of overs, the Indian pace bowlers are not any quicker than some of the trundlers in county cricket.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:41:39 »

Watching the first couple of overs, the Indian pace bowlers are not any quicker than some of the trundlers in county cricket.

Praveen isn't, no.

Wait till Sharma comes on, he's quick.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 11:19:35 »

Cook gone already.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 11:47:45 »

Praveen isn't, no.

Wait till Sharma comes on, he's quick.

Sharma's only bowling a couple of mph quicker than Praveen. They're all very similar in terms of pace.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 12:00:44 »

43/1 at lunch, not exactly a sensational star but one down having been put in is fine by me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: