Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something Bad is happening in London  (Read 22369 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:37:14 »

Someone at work has just said a bomb has gone off at Swindon station, but i think shes talking bollocks
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:39:15 »

lets hope it's not true.
atleast they have evacuated the place if there is one though

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:40:18 »

Swindon & Brighton stations shut down due to  "security incidents."
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:41:05 »

Defo no bomb gone off, I work close to the station, haven't heard any sirens, and loud bangs etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:41:52 »

Yeah, a security incident coupld be as simple as a carrier bag of rubbish. Better safe than sorry,.
Piemonte

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:44:44 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Defo no bomb gone off, I work close to the station, haven't heard any sirens, and loud bangs etc.

cool, i though she was talking shit. The type of person not to listen properlly and confuse an evacuation with a bomb actually going off.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:45:31 »

If it's suicide bombers on the buses it makes me sick that it's likely to be muslims we've allowed to live in this country. When they're doing these checks to see if they should allow muslims into the country, just because they've never taken part in terrorist activity doesn't mean they're not giong to in the future.
I'm not a racist, but it's not safe to let them into this country.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:46:49 »

What a contrast to yesterday, makes me sick!!!

This sort of thing shouldn't be happening in this day and age.
Piemonte

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:49:05 »

I'm as angry as I've been for some time about anything. the people responsible for this outrage must pay.

I can sort of understand the Amercian knee jerk reaction to 9/11 better now, and I've not even lost any loved ones or anything.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:50:10 »

I understand where you are coming from Papa Smurf but there are plenty of muslims who are perfectly friendly people. It's such a shame that a few morons have to ruin the image by doing crap like this.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:50:23 »

aint this similar to what happened in madrid? that wasnt al-queda (or however you spell it) though was it?

i dont think swindon is under serious threat but still good that they have evacuated the station just in case. better safe than sorry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:52:50 »

re muslims: Whilst I can understand where Pappa is coming from don't confuse the actions of a few nutty muslims with the majority of muslims in this country.

Also we don't know who is behind this yet. Just as likely to be someone else rather than Al Qu'daar (sp?).
Papa Smurf

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:53:39 »

I can't see how terrorist orgs such as Al Qaeda can ever be completely wiped out. Even if bin laden was to be caught that wouldn't stop all of his minions.
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:57:19 »

They can't be wiped out, and besides, remember:

There would be nothing happening in london if Blair hadn't sent us off to steal some oil for the Yanks from the middle east!

Right that's it. Remove yanks, remove war and terrorism. I'm gonna send some bombs to america.
Piemonte

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:59:28 »

Quote from: "Batch"
re muslims: Whilst I can understand where Pappa is coming from don't confuse the actions of a few nutty muslims with the majority of muslims in this country.

Also we don't know who is behind this yet. Just as likely to be someone else rather than Al Qu'daar (sp?).

frankly, its not just as likely that its someone else at all.  As I've said earlier in the thread, the IRA are under ceasefire and have no motivation to attack and anti-capitalist have no history of attacks on this scale.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: