Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio receiving positive response from fans, says Watkins  (Read 29214 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:14:54 »

Who ever it is, he's not particularly pleased
Barry Scott

« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:15:44 »

What a total fucktard Tommy is.

Edit: So it's fB? OK, well fB isn't a fucktard, so perhaps it's semi-serious and tongue in cheek, because I can't imagine fB having views so polarising and full of vitriol.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:21:41 by Barry Scott » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:22:35 »

The way he writes makes me think its Dorset. Certainly has a bit of a bee in his bonnet, whoever it is.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:26:42 »

But he sure plays a mean pinball.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:32:42 »

Edit: So it's fB? OK, well fB isn't a fucktard, so perhaps it's semi-serious and tongue in cheek, because I can't imagine fB having views so polarising and full of vitriol.

I don't know fo' sho', but I'm pretty confident it is.

Either that, or sonicyouth.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 09:42:15 »

It's not fb

If it was it would be more intelligent and/or witty, he'd do a much better job of supporting his cause.

Tommy the tool is just spouting hatred.

I expect any anti-fascist with half a brain would look at that and grimace. 
Gethimout

« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 11:31:44 »

Complete and utter bullshit! He/she really needs to get out a bit more  Pint
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:08:31 »

Whatever comes from the appointment of PDC (promotion hopefully), one thing that has happened is that I have become a little more "educated" than I was before.
I used to make the assumption that Facism was Facism and it represented white power and anti-semitism but it seems from what I have read that the term has been somewhat misused over the years and it is far from clear cut. There is an awful lot of information on the subject out there and it would appear that many scholars have debated the subject for decades without coming close to agreement on what defines facism, so how 'swindontommy' has managed it I don't know.
To try and encapsulate what I have learnt, 'Italian Facism' in a nutshell seems to be a very strong political view that the good of the State takes precedent over the values and beliefs of the individual - "Everything in the State, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state". Does this mean that PDC thinks anyone who speaks out against the state should be made to ‘disappear’, or does it just represent his ideology of a country where everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and puts the good of the country above all else?
I really don’t know the answer to that as I have never had a conversation with the man, what I do know though is that whilst it is unlikely I'll ever come close to sharing PDC's political opinions, I am a mile from being convinced he is the ‘devil’ portrayed by ‘swindontommy’. As for those ‘Facist salutes’ of his, I understand they were doing this in Rome 2000 years ago so I won't lose any sleep over that.
Do I think he should be forced out of STFC? Will I hand back my season ticket? Has ‘swindontommy’ convinced me?
It's a No, No and No from me.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:19:26 »

Fascist,Just an Italian/German word for communism really.

To be fair to Swindon Tommy he has his opinions and has aired them well in those bloggs,even if most of us think they are a trifle over the top and dont agree with his views.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:31:37 »

Fascist,Just an Italian/German word for communism really.

To be fair to Swindon Tommy he has his opinions and has aired them well in those bloggs,even if most of us think they are a trifle over the top and dont agree with his views.

A trifle over the top? He has hundreds and thousands of crazy views! He should be taken into custardy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:42:00 »

A trifle over the top? He has hundreds and thousands of crazy views! He should be taken into custardy!

I'm certainly not going to "dessert" the Town over it  Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:45:40 »

Its a free country.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:46:23 »

Whatever comes from the appointment of PDC (promotion hopefully), one thing that has happened is that I have become a little more "educated" than I was before.
I used to make the assumption that Facism was Facism and it represented white power and anti-semitism but it seems from what I have read that the term has been somewhat misused over the years and it is far from clear cut. There is an awful lot of information on the subject out there and it would appear that many scholars have debated the subject for decades without coming close to agreement on what defines facism, so how 'swindontommy' has managed it I don't know.
To try and encapsulate what I have learnt, 'Italian Facism' in a nutshell seems to be a very strong political view that the good of the State takes precedent over the values and beliefs of the individual - "Everything in the State, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state". Does this mean that PDC thinks anyone who speaks out against the state should be made to ‘disappear’, or does it just represent his ideology of a country where everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and puts the good of the country above all else?
I really don’t know the answer to that as I have never had a conversation with the man, what I do know though is that whilst it is unlikely I'll ever come close to sharing PDC's political opinions, I am a mile from being convinced he is the ‘devil’ portrayed by ‘swindontommy’. As for those ‘Facist salutes’ of his, I understand they were doing this in Rome 2000 years ago so I won't lose any sleep over that.
Do I think he should be forced out of STFC? Will I hand back my season ticket? Has ‘swindontommy’ convinced me?
It's a No, No and No from me.

Exactly my point afew weeks ago. (That what PDC calls Fascism is not neccesarily what you or I would ). Your definition above could may be applied to Communism as well.
Italian polictics are renowned for being all over the place. This just confirms that

From the Dark Side
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 13:47:56 »

Communism is actually considered a leftist idealogy, which I found quite interesting.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 14:39:56 »

Communism is actually considered a leftist idealogy, which I found quite interesting.

The far left and far right meet in the middle. Imagine the spectrum as a circle rather than a straight line and it makes more sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: