Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 377142 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:18:33 »

intelectial

Oh my.

For what it's worth, Mex is a former fan of the year and Paul was head of the supporter's trust. Clearly part timers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:28:04 »

I haven't said anywhere that I won't be going to games next season and I don't think Paul has said anything to that effect either.

I attend few games because I can't afford the cost of a ticket on top of the cost of the travel. It's got nothing to do with the manager, the performances or the weather.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:36:34 »

Oh my.

For what it's worth, Mex is a former fan of the year and Paul was head of the supporter's trust. Clearly part timers.

Well fan of the year is an empty accollade. |I turned up to a home game on my wedding day and never received such an honour but let us rise above such noble titles. Well done to Mex. I'm not sure who Paul is but the trust appeared to be a toothless animal, however his heart was in the right place, I guess.
Div 4 is all about money, even more than the rest of the league. 4, 5 ,6 people throwing a wobbly means sweet FA especially when some of them turned up now and then, especially when they borrowed unused season tickets, I'm thinking sonic here. I seem to recall him useing someones ticket for a game. No financial input there sonic.
 Let this argument step up a gear. Expose your financial outlay before you tell us that we are the devils from hell for employing a foreigner with a poltical oulook that you find disgusting.
I stand with two season tickets bought at the cheapest price available. I feel the Town have done agood job in employing a man with agood footballing pedigree, it's arisk but so is anybody else.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:43:21 »

In football people come and people go, and for each of us our reasons our different. At the end of last season I found myself having to hang up my fork for fear of stabbing certain players with my pitch fork and I made the stance not to to do the pitch until things improved.  That was my choice. 

Likewise I am sure there will be many supporters who chose to stay during our darker years and more who gave up after the demotion from top level football.

Put simply it's  cycle that will happen, and will happen for different people for different reasons. It just so happens that the reasons for this cycle are personally impactful for political reason which will always cause debate. The thing we have to do is accept their right to object and, as long as it is done in a way that doesn't adversely affect me or the club, then I'm good with it.  

These guys will have to decide what level of conscientious objection they will carry out in relation to PDC's appointment. Not attending games is one clear way; but will they also refuse to read the adver match reports, turn their heads when STFC results are displayed or have their wive's censor all material that contains reference to STFC before it is given to them.

Sometimes when you love something or someone unconditionally you have to walk away from situations that would conflict with that beliefs and allow space, time or a change of circumstances to heel things - unconditional love doesn't mean you throw away all your beliefs; unconditional love means that when a conflict occurs that may result in you saying or doing something you may later regret you make a personal sacrifice that invariably hurts you more than it hurts the one you love...

That is all

Good night
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:44:34 »

I've got no intention of boycotting games because of how I feel in regards to Di Canio's political beliefs. I've never said that. Nor have I said that the club should not have appointed Di Canio for political reasons, I'm fully aware that I am in a very small minority of people who don't feel capable of separating football from politics and as such do not feel comfortable supporting the manager. I am 100% behind the club even if it's from afar.

My financial input is very small and will probably be even less next season as I'm now working shifts and on-call at weekends.  
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:47:14 »

A persons beliefs or political persuation has nothing to do with anyone else unless they try to push it onto others or use a vehicle like STFC to promote it.  How do we know that a member of the board, a player or a number of the fans aren't facists?  But because we don't know that they are that makes it ok?

I don't believe in god but I also believe everyone has a right to worship their god, as long as they don't preach it to me that is fine.

If a fans personal beliefs are that strong that they can't bring themselves to be involved with the club while PDC is here then so be it, people should not have a go at them for that because that is their personal beliefs, but alternatively the fans that are not outraged by this shouldn't be persecuted either.

My stance is, I don't have a problem with people having beliefs for either side of the arguement as long as those beliefs are not preached to me.  PDC has not preached his views to me or anyone else to do with STFC so I do not have a problem with him being here, on the flip side I have seen numerous fans preaching anti facists views on here and on other social media, which is where the ironic hypocrisy kicks in.

This is why we are lucky to live in the part of the world that we do, because we are allowed to have our own minds and beliefs and spout it on the internet.  Both sides of this particular disagreement would be strung up for airing their views in other parts of the world.  Ain't freedom of speech great.

P.S I am logging off now before the internet police hunt me down and string me up!  Night Night!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:50:54 »

Oh FFS.  Ill miss Mexs contributions and him buying me coffee at half time.  Sad to see such a great supporter fucking off because of his strong feelings.  I hope he comes back.  As for Ben, Ill miss his pissed ness.  I dont see why people feel they have to slag them off for their opinions. 

Never knowingly overstated.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:51:31 »

Got to disagree with the dinosaur. Politics have no place in sport. If football is an entertainment and not a  sport then politics have no place in entertainment. Rangers and Celtic would be better off removing themselves from religion and returning to the tyrue meaning of football, which is 2 sqauds battling it out on a pitch.
Remove politics and religion from the game.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:53:51 »

Mexico travelled from Sussex near every fucking home game and many away games for many seasons. It's not about who's the best fan, people are just demonstrating they aren't part timers.

The Trust may have not been your cup of tea but it was run by people who dedicated a lot of time and effort to help this club survive.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:56:32 »

T what point did f lammable b en get changed to 'our lord and saviour'?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:57:21 »

It's my way of honouring him.

It's what he would have wanted.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:58:29 »

Having a good drink?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 23:59:26 »

Yes thankyou.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:01:14 »

G ood L ad!

Cheesy

limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:02:07 »

Mexico travelled from Sussex near every fucking home game and many away games for many seasons. It's not about who's the best fan, people are just demonstrating they aren't part timers.

The Trust may have not been your cup of tea but it was run by people who dedicated a lot of time and effort to help this club survive.
Well you travell from sussex or you travekll from Gorse Hill at the end of the day your two buttocks occupy (woops SP) one seat which cost the same as the seat beside you. It seems this guy payed plenty in as much as I pay plenty but the other 5 poltical abstainers, will they be missed financially speaking. If the answer is yes, then we have something to talk about. If the answer is no. Then Canio might just be a good move. Time will tell. For the first time since charlton away, Im excited about our future.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: