Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio new Town boss  (Read 15787 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:40:29 »

Let's face it...despite the politics this is a train wreck of an appointment.

You may ultimately be right, but lets give the man a chance first shall we.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:45:05 »

You may ultimately be right, but lets give the man a chance first shall we.

i agree with this.
i think reg could have it right and i fear the same,but he's here(well not yet but you know what i mean)so lets just roll with it.
the decision has been made,right or wrong.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:49:15 »

Just listened to the Chairman's interview sounded good, he is here now and even though i am a little concerned i am also looking forward to the new season with the coming of fresh talent and the rollarcoast ride
When do the new fixtures come out
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:53:25 »

I just googled it and seems to be June 17th

Oxford away first game anyone Smiley ?

Wise men say........
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 08:58:30 »

TBF on first impressions i'd agree with that reg. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but the bloke appears to be a fucking fruit loop, and I fear a little bit for us this coming season.

To be fair fruit loops aren't always too bad. Allen seems to be doing alright at Notts County.
Spencer_White

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:53:35 »

The board need to watch we only sign Italian players on loan.

Thing with Di Canio is to get the best out of him he does need to feel wanted (which is why his spell at Wednesday was mediocre).

Its better to burn out, than to fade away.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 12:29:23 »

I suppose we can begin to gauge his intentions & commitment to our success when he puts his coaching team in place.  Will it be someone with experience and knowledge of Leagues one & two or a former crony from his premiership days?  Whoever he chooses to work with I hope that there is a continued commitment to developing the youth & a place for Zippy in the grand scheme of things. I will also be interested in his transfer targets.

Let the build-up to the new season begin
Sussex

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 12:34:18 »

Hope he turns up on Monday.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 14:52:09 »

Hope he turns up on Monday.

Might be pushing it abit Wink
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 15:01:32 »

when he puts his coaching team in place.  Will it be someone with experience and knowledge of Leagues one & two or a former crony from his premiership days? 

Maybe Julian Dicks if he's not involved with anything at the moment.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 15:11:08 »

His agent said he is bringing in people from Italy.
Barry Scott

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 15:25:47 »

I wonder if we'll get some lower league Italians? I feel we will, as obviously Serie B to Serie A is a larger leap up than Serie B to League 2. Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 15:48:29 »

I wonder if we'll get some lower league Italians? I feel we will, as obviously Serie B to Serie A is a larger leap up than Serie B to League 2. Smiley

This is the worry for me....what we need is someone who has had a close look at what we've got, can ship out what we don't need and bring in Div 4 style players.

What we don't need is someone who's got no idea of our players, no idea of Div 4 and no idea of the sort of players suited to the level.

You can't achieve this by watching vids....you need to be slogging away, up and down the land watching all sorts of crap football in crap places...

I can see di Canio taking the T*dd route of using an agent, then trying to coach what he gets.

The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 16:08:32 »

My worry too Reg - League Two is a difficult place to get out of & I wonder if Italian Serie B players will take to the more robust & athletic style in that league.  Wasn't the Chief Scout Ken Ryder compiling a list of possible transfer targets before the last season ended?

Julian Dicks has just left Grays Athletic - within the last week I think so he'd be a possible no.2 for Di Canio. I had hoped to hear of someone with a more cultured footballing philosophy joining Di Canio at the CG but if he can get the players fit & playing with commitment & consistency then who knows?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 16:38:11 »

I wish all this negativity would stop. The bloke hasn't even arrived in Swindon yet and people are writing him off.

Jeremy Wray and Nick Watkins are no mugs. They wouldn't appoint someone (and pay them a huge salary) unless they saw something they liked.

Di Canio as a player was unbelievably skillful, hot headed and passionate. But also, when did you see him dive ? Hardly ever. He was a true sportsman.

This appointment is the best thing to happen to the club since Hoddle in my view. Lets get right behind Paolo because I have a good feeling about this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: