Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio new Town boss  (Read 15781 times)
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:06:36 »

Its going to be interesting thats for sure!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/hgAbu4zOxg4
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:18:50 »

Well Well interesting decision, i will back PDC and the team as always but got a feeling this appointment could spell disaster one way or another either we will be shit like this season because he doesnt know the league and he signs the wrong players, Or we will be half decent in top 7 and he will leave and we will have to try and find someone to replace him in 6 months time.

I think it is a brave decision from JW but it could prove costly this time next year, Hope im proved wrong though, Also at least we know the players and manager will be up for Oxford because one thing i do know is that he is passionate and hopefully that will get through to the players!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:33:34 »

I would of been happy with any of the final three....

Lets hope the passion rubs off on the players and fans...

First job is to watch all the games from last season (he may quit by 4pm!)...then fuck off a gang of players and GET SOME IN....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:35:27 »

I have just renewed. I wrote to Nick Watkins at the end of the Phase 1 price stating that I had not renewed because of the lack of visibility of the intentions of the board and club.  A few days later the news of Fitton and the actions of getting rid of Harte.  Watkins said that if I did decide to renew before the end of May to let him know.  I did that and he let me have it at Phase 1 price.

Now that I can see that the club will be at least having a go by investing in the manager and squad I am happy to renew, back in April nobody had a clue what the intentions of the board was.

Had the board given more visibility in April then I believe that the take up would have been more, because the phase 2 price will put some off.

Nice one Watkins!

Clems Army!
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:12:06 »

A couple of things spring to my mind.

1st If PDC is gone in January then we will have hade one hell of a first half of a season and that's better than the alternative.

2nd If his team plays with half the passion and a qauter of the skill then we are in for one hell of a season.

3rd This a staement of intent by the board. Lots of big names up for this job and we've picked one of the biggest.

4th For all you guys that have principles. Well I've just come back from West Scotland and principles are a pain in the arse. (Celtic Rangers) In business if I dealt with people I like or approve of, then I wouldn't of worked since 2007. You guys grow some and support your club. This is a football club not a paliament.
nochee

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 17:16:28 »

Its going to be interesting thats for sure!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/hgAbu4zOxg4

Just been watching a few of his videos on youtube. I hope some of his passion and personality (not politics) rub off on our new look Town side. Its going to make for some great viewing if it does.

I personally can't wait to see what he can do for us.

Good luck Paolo  COYR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:01:18 »

1st If PDC is gone in January then we will have hade one hell of a first half of a season and that's better than the alternative.

Assuming he hasn't gone because of the alternative Smiley

Bring on the bastards in yellow and blue.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:53:12 »

head says this is totally the wrong move,heart says it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

where the fuck was he today though?why wasn't he presented to the fans and press?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:54:43 »

FInishing his Italian media commitments this weekend apparently, flying in on Monday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:55:25 »

where the fuck was he today though?why wasn't he presented to the fans and press?

Media commitments in Italia. He'll be over on Monday for the big reveal.
Wiggler

« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 21:15:26 »

I'm gonna be down the CG to welcome the big man into post  Too Cool
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 22:47:10 »

The good side,which is often overlooked in the modern player/manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 01:15:10 »

Let's face it...despite the politics this is a train wreck of an appointment. Just when we need a steady hand at the tiller we get a loon.

It will cost to get rid, but the Board will have to accept full responsibility.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 01:59:17 »

TBF on first impressions i'd agree with that reg. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but the bloke appears to be a fucking fruit loop, and I fear a little bit for us this coming season.

Things get better but they never get good
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 06:56:27 »

Let the fun times begin Smiley

If nothing else it'll be fooking interesting

How much would you pay to be a fly on the wall for the half time team talks Huh??

Wise men say........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: