Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51354 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #150 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:57:01 »

It's funny how whenever we appoint a manager, there's always people who are unhappy. Normally it's the mongs and the irrational, yet in this instance those that are unhappy are those who are traditionally the more rational and completely devoid of mong. I find that unsettling. Sad

For the record only Rix would prevent me from attending. I'd even attend if it was King, Malpas or Ruddock.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:58:01 »

Good post Sonic, fairly good summary of my thoughts on this whole fandango.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:00:44 »

Personally I think more people will attend than those leaving.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:01:46 »

Personally I think more people will attend than those leaving.
Does the attendance matter?

Appointing a big name will approximate to sweet fuck all if he doesn't deliver.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #154 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:02:01 »

I'm I the only one who has noticed some of those who are most against are happy to drink with a proud member of the EDL?

This is not a dig against the EDL member, just an observation.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:03:09 »

Does the attendance matter?

Appointing a big name will approximate to sweet fuck all if he doesn't deliver.

No, but I'm on about intially. PDC has created a buzz, which I think no other candidate would've done.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:04:05 »

I'm I the only one who has noticed some of those who are most against are happy to drink with a proud member of the EDL?

This is not a dig against the EDL member, just an observation.

huh?

No, but I'm on about intially. PDC has created a buzz, which I think no other candidate would've done.

But what will it matter if we end up languishing in midtable?
Highland Robin

« Reply #157 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:04:31 »

I too have avoided getting involved in this argument because it is really, really difficult...and I suppose we should really all wait now until it is confirmed or otherwise.  But assuming it is di Canio.....I will/could never stop supporting STFC, and long to see them rebuild from this past season.  I long to see football like the Ardiles/Macari/Hoddle days, and guess that di Canio might just be able to achieve something like that in time - if he gives us time.  I supported Hamann as soon as he was mentioned for the same reasons as ThePeoplesGame, but definitely see the potential in di Canio.

However, I do not think, in the modern world, we can just ignore the political stuff.  We live in a celebrity culture, and everything about football is immersed in that culture - the adulation, the press coverage, the glamorous relationships....and the consequent attention of the media on anyone who shows any 'frailty', whether moral, political or whatever means that there is a real risk of di Canio - whether by his own actions or just because of his reputation - bringing our club into disrepute.  (And his actions with Lazio do not bode well.  A the very least - because football is also pretty cruel - I can imagine the field day that opposing fans are going to have, and the potential for that to develop into violence).  And there is the wider concern about fascism generally, which has been well and truly aired, and with which I personally completely concur.  But....I cannot imagine that, if he is intending to appoint him, JW wll not have thought through these things, and interviewed di Canio pretty sharply about it.  If it is not raised in the Press Conference, I will be worried.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #158 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:06:49 »

huh?

Do some of those on here complaining not meet up with crispy for drinks?

So it's OK to associate with an EDL member, but not somebody with certain political beliefs.

Again, not a dig at crispy, just wondering why one is acceptable and not the other
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:08:16 »

Do some of those on here complaining not meet up with crispy for drinks?

So it's OK to associate with an EDL member, but not somebody with certain political beliefs.

Again, not a dig at crispy, just wondering why one is acceptable and not the other
I've never met him.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:10:17 »

This appointment wouldn't be so divisive if some of our fans weren't such sensitive little girls Wink

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #161 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:10:41 »

I've never met him.

I said "some" people.

And crispy isn't talking over as Swindon manager? Maybe so, but people still meet up for drinks with him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:11:21 »

This appointment wouldn't be so divisive if some of our fans weren't such sensitive little girls Wink
Say that to my face!

I'll run away crying for my Mummy.

BR - I really don't know what you're getting at?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:12:47 »

Bring it on. Cheesy

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
flammableBen

« Reply #164 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:12:56 »

I met crispy for a pint. I didn't buy him one, and I told him what I thought of his views. It's not an approach I think will work with Di Canio. I don't think it worked with Crispy either, but it was worth a try.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: