Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51564 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:20:20 »

Gazza is back! Gazza is back! Woooahhh! Hey Gaz!
Coca Fola

« Reply #121 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:20:57 »

You may mock me take the piss etc. But if it is di canio Im out of here. Fascism to me is something that makes me sick to the stomach and i cannot and will not pay money and support an openly fascist supporting manager at the county ground. After 29 years i promise to you now i wont set foot in the county ground until he is gone, shit performances I can put up with but not this. Sorry if that makes me a shit fan but throughout my life i have been on anti fascist rallys, in the past my family have died fighting fascism and this appointment does not sit well with me. If he is appointed today my love will stfc will die.
You're gonna be fucked if he's in it for the long term! (Which I doubt)
Coca Fola

« Reply #122 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:21:41 »

What will you all do if he does a Fergie?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:22:37 »

I have been a returning officer for councils for years and years - I have had to completely suppress my own political beliefs as the only way I could even handedly deal with politicians from all parties - I had to assist the BNP just as much as the Greens.

What is more important to me? My newly returning political voice (now I have left the council) or my father/son bonding cheering on the Town?

The father/son bonding wins hands down, I am afraid. It is what we do on Saturday afternoons, and I am not letting anyone spoil that for me. PDC won't be with us long, and will just form another part of the "do you remember when" conversations we have on the way home from matches.

This fan will be keeping his toys in the pram for now.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:23:22 »

The manager is not just someone "working at the club", he is it's public figurehead. And this isn't a question of a player's/groundsman's private views, they (and the manager) are welcome to them. This is someone who has repeatedly and publicly espoused fascism. By employing such a person as the public figurehead, it inevitably reflects on the club and, at the least, what the club thinks matters and does not matter. Utterly ashamed

Paul you also have to understand that this is your point of view - and judging by the posts here and elsewhere you are in a very small minority on this one

For me I completely disagree with his beliefs - but I don't feel its particularly relevant to his ability to unite the club and run the team

I am not dismissing your beliefs at all - of course you are entitled to them - but I would hate to see GOOD supporters of STFC like yourself and Mex walking away from the club.....

Wise men say........
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:23:32 »

I totally understand some of the reservations about the possibly appointment of Di Canio due to his questionable beliefs. I am more concerned about his ability as a manager to get us out of the shit.....as he has no track record, impossible to gauge his possible potential. Di Canio is in a win - win situation, for Red Army its a large gamble. I dont quite understand why the board feel the need to take this massive risk when there are seemingly good alternatives out there. The impact wil be big,  as will the hype and expecation will be massive and I think it will split the supports not unite....this is just all so STFC.

Bathtime
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:23:56 »

It may well be Hamann yet, or Burley. Nothing's been confirmed, only rumour mongering by the adver, and we know what a shower of shit they are.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:24:46 »

BBC and now Sky Sports News reporting it as a done deal
Coca Fola

« Reply #128 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:25:35 »

It would be awkward if it was Luigi Di Canio.....
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #129 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:25:42 »

I will still be supporting Swindon however will not be sponsoring Di Canio. Nothing saying I wont get behind him. Just dont want my name linked with his through Sponsorship etc.
Dozno9

« Reply #130 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:26:11 »

It may well be Hamann yet, or Burley. Nothing's been confirmed, only rumour mongering by the adver, and we know what a shower of shit they are.

Still no-one really knows, I think...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:29:09 »

Paul you also have to understand that this is your point of view - and judging by the posts here and elsewhere you are in a very small minority on this one
I do. I'm not suggesting anyone else has to agree with me, it's purely a personal response. Don't expect anyone to agree with me, even, just how I feel. Utterly ashamed.
For me I completely disagree with his beliefs - but I don't feel its particularly relevant to his ability to unite the club and run the team
Of course it isn't. His ability to run the team (not sure about unite the club) isn't my major bone of contention, I think I've made that clear. I can take shit managers, don't know if I can support a shit as manager.
I am not dismissing your beliefs at all - of course you are entitled to them - but I would hate to see GOOD supporters of STFC like yourself and Mex walking away from the club.....
Mex has made his choice, it seems, which I agree is a crying shame for him and for the club. For myself, I've got a lot of hard thinking to do over the summer. I'm sure the club will do just fine whatever I think.
Dozno9

« Reply #132 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:33:09 »

I've been to several hundred games where the manager at the time had no support from me but I went to support the club and the players (some of them!) so that's where I sit with this.

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:33:21 »

i dont think fans not going is too a bad thing really.it happens all the time for many reasons.(work,family reasons,fed up with it,etc,etc)
they may come back,they may not.football clubs evolve and stfc will continue to do so.the appointment of di canio driving fans away will also entice others to come along.
Coca Fola

« Reply #134 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:35:03 »

We'll gain more fans than we'll lose.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: