Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio confident of imminent coaching job  (Read 5550 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:21:12 »

If the fans really want someone good who is under contract like Hamann then they have to be prepared to wait.

Dont seem to have the patience unfortunately. More bothered about a quick appointment 3 months before the season starts than getting the right appointment.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:24:39 »

To be fair Spencer I think most of us are. It's mainly Grim Reaper and he's just grimpy
Spencer_White

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:35:55 »

sometimes in these situations the internet really doesnt help.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:45:01 »

While i fully agree with you spence Wray himself said two weeks ago they feel we were always playing catch up last season due to not knowing what league we would be in so want to get this sorted so we are not in the same position again.

We have 10 players out of contract that we need to hurry up and sort out one way or another and have to get players in quickly.I'm confident tomorow we will get some good news anyway.

Originally i wanted Di Canio(would still be happy) but for some reason i want Hamaan more as i just feel he would be in a better position to make a judgement on who we keep and who we release.

Either way if that is the shortlist(has it been confirmed?) then i am confident in any of them.

Good thing for me is that
Spencer_White

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:59:37 »

Ive said all along Ive been delighted with the quality of the candidates (apart from the bizarre inclusion of Rix). Under Fitton we always seemed to be linked with Richard Money and Dave Penney, OK managers, but boring. You wondered whether Fitton preferred to have managers he could control?

As you say, tommorow afternoon should be Sky Sports News down the County Ground. Just dont like fans having a real go at the board when they are obviously pulling out all the stops to get this right.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:04:06 »

Yeah agree with that mate some people just want to have a go for the sake of it.
Spencer_White

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:14:05 »

Marcotti on twitter tonight is talking about Di Canio. Trying to clarify some of his views.

"He is right wing. But it's the "social right" which is far more complex than the media depict it. You may find this interesting. http://london.indymedia.org/articles/4750 Di Canio is a supporter of Casa Pound (bear in mind above pub is avowedly leftwing). Disagrees with Mussolini after 1931. "Dux" tattoo more about symbol of 'duce' than Mussolini himself.  he never denied Fascist sympathies. Just gets v. angry if you call him racist. Very interesting guy. ... his pro-Union, pro-regulation, anti-big business, pro-immigration slant shocks many on left and right..."

I do think they are difficult views for people to understand over here.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:18:46 »

Marcotti on twitter tonight is talking about Di Canio. Trying to clarify some of his views.

"He is right wing. But it's the "social right" which is far more complex than the media depict it. You may find this interesting. http://london.indymedia.org/articles/4750 Di Canio is a supporter of Casa Pound (bear in mind above pub is avowedly leftwing). Disagrees with Mussolini after 1931. "Dux" tattoo more about symbol of 'duce' than Mussolini himself.  he never denied Fascist sympathies. Just gets v. angry if you call him racist. Very interesting guy. ... his pro-Union, pro-regulation, anti-big business, pro-immigration slant shocks many on left and right..."

Don't you start Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:29:28 »

Snow job. To take just a couple of aspects -

he's "Pro-Union" but only "disagrees with Mussolini after 1931". Mussolini banned (and violently - as in torturing, rounding-up and murdering - suppressed) trade unions as soon as he came to power in the 20s.

And "anti-big business" - so what? Fascists usually are anti-"supercapitalism", insofar as they have an economic theory it's corporatist, rather than capitalist.

His autobiography's not exactly "pro-immigration" (no, I don't have the quotes to hand).

And again, those swastika-waving Lazio Ultras are not "social right", they're unreconstructed neo-Nazis.

Di Canio's a fascist, writ large. If you don't think it's relevant, fine. But don't try and whitewash it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:31:15 »

And he wants to put a "Arbeit macht frei" sign above the gates at the Arkells/Town End
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:36:40 »

And he wants to put a "Arbeit macht frei" sign above the gates at the Arkells/Town End
More likely "Il lavoro rende liberi"
Lumps

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 21:43:09 »

Marcotti, being the ghost writer of the mans autobiography / exercise in self justification, is hardly an unbiased commentator on this is he?
Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 23:09:44 »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3588381/Swindon-close-to-announcing-Dietmar-Hamann-as-boss.html
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 07:50:18 »

Meh, nothing to back the story up whatsoever there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 07:58:11 »

The Sun piece is probably nothing more than just a local stringer catching up on what's been speculated about locally a couple of days late
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: