Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Town Boss to be Announced Next Wednesday  (Read 56464 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:07:29 »

Well then you're wrong too. Let's hope the board are better informed than you and Reg's gastric system

This is a yakult type thing.....seem to recall Burley's spell at the Saints not being particularly successful.....Scotland was always going to end in tears and Palace was no good. By my reckoning Burley has been on a downhill spiral for 5 or 6 years. I wonder if this doesn't incline a boss to be a bit cynical about football. 

If it is Burley, then fair enough...we'll soon find out.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:09:54 »

Di Canio for me, the rest can get fucked
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:10:38 »

[url width=250 height=187]http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/Rowly1985/SchofieldSmiley.gif[/url]

Now if that PDC's head on philip schofields body that would be ace!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:15:10 »

Well then you're wrong too. Let's hope the board are better informed than you and Reg's gastric system

You really are too easy to wind up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:30:15 »

This is a yakult type thing.....seem to recall Burley's spell at the Saints not being particularly successful.....
He took them to the play-offs. They started to go downhill after he left for Scotland, although that was as much financial as managerial (he left after complaining he'd had his best players sold from under him to stave off administration). My Saints supporting mate recalls him as being a fantastic manager. I'm more inclined to rely on his recollections tbh
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:35:39 »

Another plus with Burley is that it would force the directors to leave the manager to the football side of things more. Burley isn't a yes man.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:50:56 »

He took them to the play-offs. They started to go downhill after he left for Scotland, although that was as much financial as managerial (he left after complaining he'd had his best players sold from under him to stave off administration). My Saints supporting mate recalls him as being a fantastic manager. I'm more inclined to rely on his recollections tbh

Fair enough point....Soton had become a basket case by the time he left. Think a fantastic manager would probably have got them up and still be in the Prem.

On paper Burley is the best pick by far....so what's he doing here?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:54:21 »

Fair enough point....Soton had become a basket case by the time he left. Think a fantastic manager would probably have got them up and still be in the Prem.
That's also a fair point. My mate may have been remembering through rose-tinted specs. He's been in annoyingly good humour these past few weeks
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:25:25 »

On paper Burley is the best pick by far....so what's he doing here?
Maybe he needs a job and we are a smaller version of Ipswich ? plus Their Local rivals play in Yellow???
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:37:39 »

Guessing no one has any objections to burley despite his alcoholism then?if there's anything that will turn him back to the bottle,it'll be managing our lot!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:42:16 »

You what?

He drinks too much. OH MY GOD. Can't have him here
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:48:09 »

Hoddle made a very stupid comment about disabled people, which shows that no one is perfect and that most people would be happy to overlook this. Much like unless he starts swaying on the touchline and pissing against the dugout i dont care that Burley likes a tipple..its a drop in the ocean compared to Rix's sins
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:17:41 »

Id rather a fascist than an alcy Grin
Coca Fola

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:38:01 »

Di Canio or Burley.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:39:12 »

Id rather a fascist than an alcy Grin

I'd rather Albie the racist dragon