Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: QPR possible points deduction friday  (Read 17584 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 21:12:58 »

My concern is that whatever happens on Friday, the FA, the League, QPR and Cardiff (or whoever comes third) are going to spend most of the summer in the high court.

Can they still take this sort of thing to court? Doesn't it have to go to the CAS (court of arbitration for sport) or whatever it is called? Or is that optional?

When was the last time something like this went to court? Didn't even Bates bottle it? Or was that just due to the FL being able to refuse their membership, in which case can the PL do the same thing?

So many questions.

One thing I'd say is a certainty is that if they are guilty and aren't given a fair and proportional points deduction, the team finishing 3rd will be taking QPR to court and then calling Warnock as their first witness.
Lumps

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 21:28:41 »

Erm, no, by your own comparison, he'd be a hypocrite

Not really. He may have thought (like a lot of people including me) that a points deduction was an appropriate punishment for such an offence, but the FA decided that wasn't the case, and that penalties should be limited to the financial. Should that precedent now be ignored for a non-PL club I could well understand Warnock going fucking ballistic.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 21:35:36 »

To be fair, this is one of the few situations in which I'm coming out with a rash of genuine sympathy for Neil Warnock.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 22:33:34 »

To get back to the original point about the comparisions to 1990. We were in a similar position going for promotion and the Football League saw it fit to let us participate in the play offs and take the gate receipts from 72,000 at Wembley in the first Wembley play off.

If only what happened to us was in the Sky Sports era could you imagine the media attention and focus if the team winning the £70M Wembley final for promotion to the Premier League was to be denied promotion. Unfortunately, we were just before that era and our misfortune got lost in the fog of Italia 90.

I don't think I can ever forgive the FL for what they did to us in 1990, it nearly destroyed the club and was a huge factor in our 1990's financial problems as we sought justice. The Football League committee then had made their minds up and took no consideration of the interest of the supporters. I can't see the FA being any differerent if it comes to the crunch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 08:39:40 »

To get back to the original point about the comparisions to 1990. We were in a similar position going for promotion and the Football League saw it fit to let us participate in the play offs and take the gate receipts from 72,000 at Wembley in the first Wembley play off.

If only what happened to us was in the Sky Sports era could you imagine the media attention and focus if the team winning the £70M Wembley final for promotion to the Premier League was to be denied promotion. Unfortunately, we were just before that era and our misfortune got lost in the fog of Italia 90.

I don't think I can ever forgive the FL for what they did to us in 1990, it nearly destroyed the club and was a huge factor in our 1990's financial problems as we sought justice. The Football League committee then had made their minds up and took no consideration of the interest of the supporters. I can't see the FA being any differerent if it comes to the crunch.

this.......

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:19:43 »

Just to prove wrong those who said "The FA really couldn't have fucked this up anymore if they'd tried", the FA have apparently now decided they won't be making a decision until AFTER the final games of the season. What a bunch of spineless tossers
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:22:03 »

Just to prove wrong those who said "The FA really couldn't have fucked this up anymore if they'd tried", the FA have apparently now decided they won't be making a decision until AFTER the final games of the season. What a bunch of spineless tossers

They do have history. We didn't get demoted in 1990 until June until AFTER the play-offs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:26:03 »

They had to. Otherwise how would they know how many points they need to deduct QPR so they will still go up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:45:00 »

Knew theyd bottle it
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:46:32 »

Maybe the FA will prove us all wrong and give them a suitable punishme....... hahahahhaha what am I thinking.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 20:47:20 »

They had to. Otherwise how would they know how many points they need to deduct QPR so they will still go up.
Of course. What was I thinking?
Lumps

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 22:06:23 »

Oh there's time to fuck it up royally yet. How about you fail to make that decision until after the play off's have started, or have finished.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 23:21:43 »

Why the hell has it taken them so long to decide. It's embarrassing.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 07:55:58 »

I think it will be something like 6 points now and -10 next season
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 08:16:38 »

Why the hell has it taken them so long to decide. It's embarrassing.
Have you not met the FA before?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: