Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton resigned  (Read 26066 times)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:00:29 »

Left field this bit of news.....how many chairmen resign when a club goes down? 

Bathtime
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:01:43 »

For what it's worth, the BBC site says the following...

"It is understood he will still be part of the club but he is stepping down from his role as chairman due to a hectic work schedule."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:09:52 »

A round of ONE ANDREW FITTON before things go sour on Saturday?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:11:41 »

A round of ONE ANDREW FITTON before things go sour on Saturday?

This.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:18:07 »

I honestly think this will be good news for the club this season and if anything imo proves that the club and more importantly the investors are willing to accept they have made massive mistakes and are not afraid to change things when they see fit.
iffy

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:18:34 »

Fitton's fundamentally a turnaround guy. His skills are about putting together the deal, cleaning up the balance sheet, setting a business on the right track and getting it operating professionally. So it's not a surprise to see him step down after a couple of years.

But on the other hand, I have immense respect for a chairman taking the hit for relegation. It's almost unprecedented at any club and a sign of the professionalism of the guy and the team running the club now.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:24:38 »

I honestly think this will be good news for the club this season and if anything imo proves that the club and more importantly the investors are willing to accept they have made massive mistakes and are not afraid to change things when they see fit.

Bold statement this, hope you are right...no one expected this to happen and no one really expects Hart to be retained after he has failed to do the job he was brought in for...but with this bit of news nothing will now surprise, especially after Hart`s comments yesterday.  Pint

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:28:07 »

i think you have it about right.
fitton might say it's down to time etc,but i think he realises he has made grave errors this season.

will the same people singing his name be abusing hart, i wonder?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:28:54 »

Bold statement this, hope you are right...no one expected this to happen and no one really expects Hart to be retained after he has failed to do the job he was brought in for...but with this bit of news nothing will now surprise, especially after Hart`s comments yesterday.  Pint
Thing is a few of us did expect it to be fair.Fitton always said 2-3 years is what he thinks is the lifespan of a chairman.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:33:56 »

Is it me or has the Adver site crashed?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:34:04 »

Absolutely agree.

Some fans wanted Fitton to be held accountable and he's taken the responsibility upon himself and resigned.
china red

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:37:17 »

Maybe he's made himself the scapegoat so that Paul Hart can be appointed manager on a full time basis.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:40:41 »

Maybe he's made himself the scapegoat so that Paul Hart can be appointed manager on a full time basis.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Clems Army!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:42:05 »

whoever merged these threads is a wormy apple.

/
W56196272
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 14:44:10 »

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bathtime
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: