Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 80507 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:38:53 »

Apparently the rumours of Douglas going to Brighton had resurfaced yesterday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:39:06 »

Fwiw here is my opinion on who i would keep.

Smith(no 2)
Amankawaah
Cuthbert-He needs an experienced head tho
Lescinel
Ritchie
Caddis
Douglas
Benyon

That's it really

I'd probably keep Ferry as well.

Unfortunately I reckon Ferry, Cuthbert and Douglas will be gone. Which doesn't leave a lot. With that in mind maybe keep JPM. Isn't his contract up next summer. Might get a good season out of him, and lets be honest he is great when on form.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:41:49 »

Ah fuck yeah of course i would keep Ferry.Sorry simon if you are reading.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:42:09 »

deffo need to buy high a quality keeper,centre half and centre forward. those would be top of my list and would have to be players the others can look up to.leaders and the spine of the team.
if douglas is too expensive then he'll need replacing like for like too.

lucas can go and i'd keep smith as back up keeper.
cuthbert has fucked off months ago,and i dont rate any of our left backs.i'd keep jfl and manks.
jpm i think will be ok if the team improves but dont care if all the midfield go to be honest.
heard some stuff about benyon not being all that which is a concern.i hope it's not accurate.
so as well as having to get some key players in,some important players to complete the jigsaw need to come in too.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:54:53 by arriba » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 23:42:01 »

i agree with the majority who say lucas should go. i have no idea why he was offered a new contract considering his injury problems this year which have been since the first month of the season. im not sure how many games hes played on the bounce this season maybe 7-8?

maybe playing JPM in the centre to compensate for the lose of douglas and moving caddis right midfield would mean Amankwaah could retain his rb position.

obviously a striker is a must buy, probably a good league 2 striker whos contract is up the end of this season whould be the place to look, there must be a few.

which positions do people think should be filled by a full time signing instead of a loan. i think a striker and a centre back must be perminent signings.

i think prutton(free) will leave and i think timlin should be offered a new contract as he whould do well in league 2
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 23:50:06 by carbonwhite » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 06:33:01 »

Ferry and Douglas probably won't fancy staying after being set upon last night, judging by their tweets in the early hours

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:25:33 »

Amankwaah
Ferry
Douglas
Ritchie
Caddis

That's all I'm bothered about. Manks if fit, could be key for us next year.

Both keepers need ousting, Cuthbert hasn't performed for a long time so he can go too.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 14:32:51 »

A central midfield pairing of Ferry & Timlin (or JPM) in Division 4 worries the life out of me.
Just which one of these is actually going to tackle anybody?

For many years we were crying out for a central midfield player who would get stuck in.
Now that we have one it seems that half of our fanbase wants to get rid of him.  No

As for the rest of the squad, the goalkeeper is a good shout.
Lucas is fine, if fit. Based on this season that seems unlikely & is therefore not worth the gamble.
Smith just isn't good enough to be first choice.

Caddis has been one of the few bright spots this season (especially the second half) and has to be kept if at all possible.

For Manks, see Lucas.

Flint will be an important player for us next season, has been used to playing in a league which I'm sure is more Physical.

I worry about either Cuthbert or Lecs, both are very prone to errors but maybe that's a confidence thing.

Rose is an odd one, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks, but is actually probably OK for Div 4.
Although it will be interesting to see how Kennedy has done, as he may well be a better bet.

For me, we still need a leader at the back, at every level you need someone to control the back four, someone that everyone else takes the lead from.
It's partly why (even though he's not very good) we have generally looked more solid with Frampton.

Ritchie has to stay, again one of the few bright spots for the season.
Personally I'd like to see Douglas & Ferry in the middle, but if (as some think) Douglas is on his way we need a tough tackling midfield player in there (maybe a player manager?).

JPM could do OK on the right hand side as long as we play to his strengths, but I think we need to look at other options.

Benyon has score goals in Div 4 before, and we need him to do so again, but the key for me is a big strong centre forward to play alongside him. If we can get one that will score a few goals as well all the better.

I'm happy to see Bodin play a few of the youngsters in these last couple of games, but if we rely on them next season we are in trouble.
Spencer_White

« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 14:50:19 »

I think the way Crawley successfully targeted Rose in the first FAC game shows he will still struggle defensively against the better sides next season.

Id put him at a simmilar level to Pook and Blair Sturrock, he might still look OK against teams in the bottom half of the league.

Good post. I definitely think that JPM is a master of masking a lack of effort and dissapearing from games when we are struggling and he needs competition. Didnt Wilson start the 09/10 season with O'Brie? That competition brought out much better performances from him.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 2, 2011, 14:53:37 by Spencer_White » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 14:52:03 »

I wouldn't use him at LB at all. I'd play him LM. He's got a blinding delivery.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:07:36 »

I've got to agree with much of what Posh Red says... bar the bit about Rose - I don't think he's up to it defensively.

As for much of our fan base and Douglas, they think an effective central midfielder means they have tackle like Batty rather than Busquets. All biting tackles, not actually being able to read a game and pass. And you're right that is worrying but to an extent, that is British football.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:09:20 by A Gent Orange » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:14:15 »

they have tackle like Batty rather than Busquets

qft
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:27:14 »

For many years we were crying out for a central midfield player who would get stuck in.
Now that we have one it seems that half of our fanbase wants to get rid of him.  No
Agree with virtually all that but especially this bit. Douglas is a big one to want to keep for me. But perhaps with the armband given to that experienced commanding centre-half we still need
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:37:56 »

Anyone that want Dougie out needs their head examining imo.

I'm well aware he's had a stinker this season, but he's still one of the best centre mids we've had for a while.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 16:40:17 »

Anyone that want Dougie out needs their head examining imo.

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one.

And that one is one of strangest I've seen in a long time. By far and away our best player for 2 seasons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: