Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iris Higgs - RIP  (Read 23213 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 21:40:17 »

Was thinking about him the other day. I remember having chats to him in the local about Town and he was the nicest kid you could wish to meet. His illness didn't seem to bother him at all and he was always laughing and joking. RIP Buzza.

Who's buzz a? Pm me as I don't want to hijack this thread

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 08:43:11 »

Could someone scan the programme article please?

I'd like to see this too?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, April 7, 2011, 11:14:09 »

The Supporters Club in conjunction with Iris’s family wish to announce that the funeral will take place at St Mary’s Church Kempsford at 12.30 pm on Friday 8th April followed by a short service at Swindon Crematorium at Kingsdown at 1.30 pm.

The family have advised us that fans are most welcome to attend, either or both services and are invited, should they wish, to wear the red and white of Swindon Town when attending.

Family flowers only, but all donations to “Cancer Vive” C/O A Slade and Son, 35 Dyer Street, Cirencester Glos. GL7 2PP Tel: 01285 656336.

The family have invited everyone to “The George” in Kempsford after the ceremony at the Crematorium, but for those fans who wish to celebrate Iris’s life at the Ground where she spent so much time, the Supporters Club will also be holding a gathering at the County Ground at around 2.00pm on the same day.

If you plan to attend the County Ground event it would helpful if you would please e mail The Supporters Club at    enquiries@swindontownsupportersclub.com   by Thursday 7th April, to help us provide for those planning to attend.

In coming weeks the Supporters Club will be organising a suitable memorial to Iris, including the availability of a book of condolence / memories, for fans wishing to share a few (or many) words on Iris’s life. Further details will follow ahead of the Milton Keynes match

I hope all goes well for all those attending and those who have organised the send off.

Clems Army!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:46:34 »

What sad news.  My wife and I used to regularly speak to her home and away as we followed Andy (Nicho).  She was full of vitality and infectious enthusiasm.  Lovely lady!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 12:56:48 »

I believe all went well. Ipopped into the county ground late in rtge afternoon to sign the book.

Iris: the legend of legends!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 13:06:58 »

I believe all went well. Ipopped into the county ground late in rtge afternoon to sign the book.

Iris is/was a genuine legend in the realms of Swindon Town football club, such a shame that the players don't take a leaf out of her book and give everything they have for the love of the club as Iris did.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 13:50:49 »

Maybe naming one of the stands the Iris Higgs Stand would be appropriate? Maybe the supporters club could organise a whip round to pay sponsorship for it?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
redone

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 06:13:44 »

Iris Higgs - Book of Condolence / Memories / Tributes

Following Iris’s funeral there will be a book of condolence / memories available outside the entrance to Legends lounge from 12.30 – 2.30 pm ahead of both the MKD and Notts County games for fans to add their personal tribute.
Outside of these hours the book will also be available in the STFC ticket office, during their normal opening hours from the Monday after the MKD game.

The Supporters Club will be presenting the book to Iris’s daughter after the Notts County match.

There are also plans for a permanent display inside Legends lounge in memory of Iris and her stoic and enthusiastic support of Swindon Town.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 08:33:19 »

Maybe naming one of the stands the Iris Higgs Stand would be appropriate? Maybe the supporters club could organise a whip round to pay sponsorship for it?

A brilliant idea - The Stratton Bank has had the Adkins Family Stand on it for nearly 2 seasons now - (sure that naming thing was just for 1 season)

The Iris Higgs Stand would sound a lot better and would be a fitting tribute

I used to be Fatbury
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 08:57:25 »

A brilliant idea - The Stratton Bank has had the Adkins Family Stand on it for nearly 2 seasons now - (sure that naming thing was just for 1 season)

The Iris Higgs Stand would sound a lot better and would be a fitting tribute

It was for 2 seasons

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4338448.BREAKING_NEWS__Stratton_Bank_becomes_the_Adkins_Family_Stand/

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 09:05:03 »

well if it was for 2 seasons then there is no reason why it shouldnt be Iris Higgs Stand from next season

I used to be Fatbury
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 10:29:56 »

did anyone from STFC attend?

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 15:30:07 »

did anyone from STFC attend?

I wasnt there but Swindon Maniac went....

Watkins - great gesture ....and ex Chairman Mike Spearman i think, thats who i know for sure.

Clems Army!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 18:28:06 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9496283.The_last_visit_for_Town_fan/

RIP to a fellow Town fan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 19:32:56 »

What a choker. 42  No

Puts up with years of crap and pops off now of all times.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: