Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THE FLASH - UDDERS V TOWN Matchday thread  (Read 38335 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #330 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 13:28:46 »

I still hold a glimmer of hope.

I might begin mourning after the next two games though. Got a feeling the others might open too much of a gap.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 14:06:45 »

To my mind that's the point.  All season we have been shipping goals, and even when we have scored some (like at Peterboro) we still lost, and that must be really disheartening for the team as well as us lot. Hart has in four games achieved a miracle with the defence, and I am sure that has been his strategy - especially for yesterday and doubtless for Brighton too.  If PH manages then to get another proven striker in before next Thursday, that sets us up for a final fling in the last eight.  I'm happy with that as a strategy for survival.
Not sure that it is a striker thats needed based upon the reviews. Sounds like a midfielder - maybe N'Dyie (or whatever his name is).

Targeting 2 points from Udders and Gayers might end up being a good shout....But, as Reg says, its very much like when we went down with Quinn at the helm. Lots of blind optimism.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 17:18:13 »

Daggers have got to play Brighton twice yet.

and Boro ....twice...is that right?

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 17:42:09 »

Daggers run in is:

Tue 22    19:45    A   Leyton Orient    FL1                       
Sat 26    13:00    H   Sheffield Wed    FL1                       
Tue29    19:45    H   Brighton    FL1                       

April
Sat 2    15:00    A   Exeter City    FL1                       
Tue 5    19:45    H   Peterborough    FL1                       
Sat 9    15:00    H   Notts County    FL1                       
Tue 12    19:45    A   Brighton    FL1                       
Sat 16    15:00    A   Tranmere    FL1                       
Fri 22    15:00    H   Plymouth    FL1                       
Mon 25    15:00    A   Huddersfield    FL1                       
Sat 30    15:00    H   Carlisle    FL1                       

May
Sat 7    15:00    A   Peterborough    FL1
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 18:07:50 »

Three more wins at any time this season would see us having a chance of survival, but we're just not good enough for this league.

This winless run is unprecedented for Div 3, and fast approaching 99/00 stats wise.

Just to highlight how poor we have become, the 99/00 relegation season, was in Div2 a higher standard, we were in admin, and any player who could command a fee, however small was sold. Jimmy Quinn even had to play at 40....shame the bugger had to hit the post with a header v Saddlers, as I wondered if he'd have been our oldest goalscorer.  Consequently it was clear a long way out we were doomed.   That season it was pretty much inevitable....which is why this season is so much worse, because it needn't have happened.

Old reg spot on again...

I loved Jimmy Quinn and wanted him to do well but the club was on its arse and in free fall.

Thats why i state that this is the worst town team i have seen since 1979 as enough dosh was on offer to prevent another drop into the shit pit of divvy 2!

Clems Army!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 09:30:30 »

Just watched the highlights, certainly looks like we rode our luck a bit. Some cracking last ditch defending though -  something like 3, 4 shots cleared off the line?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: