Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 37204 times)
Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 04:38:07 »

This was an interesting read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/03/paul_hart_-_footballs_fire_fig.html#286004

Some interesting comments too,

"Paul Hart is a nice guy, but unfortunately he just isn't cut out to be a manager.

He's a great youth team coach, but as a manager he has many glaring flaws.

He doesn't change his tactics. His one successful season at Forest saw them playing some scintillating football using his diamond formation, but once teams work out how to play against his tactics, he will not change them, leading to the inevitable winless run that will lead to his dismissal.

He also is very reluctant to use substitutes anytime before the 89th minute !

Sadly, he is another one of those lower league managers who keeps getting hired despite ultimately failing at just about all the clubs that he has managed.

As mean as it sounds, as soon as I heard he had become Swindon manager, I went to put some money on them to be relegated."

"Paul Hart is a dreadful manager. Tried his hardest to get Qpr relegated last season. Horrible defensive tatics (8 defenders for home matches) and point blank refusal to play Akos Buzsaky and Adel Taarabt in his side didn't sit well with the fans.

Thank god, he and then Mick Harford got the boot when they did, a proper manager like Neil Warnock came in and look where we are now.

Good luck to Swindon, but I really dont see Phart as some kind of miracle worker. Sorry".

"IMO the worst manager in the history of Portsmouth FC, and i feel very sorry for the fans of Swindon FC. you deserve so much more than Hart.
OK he saved Pompey from relegation, but christ at the time we had the likes of James, Johnson, Distin, Campbell, Kranjcar and Crouch, any manager should have kept us up, but P.Hart was so negative in his approach and so arrogant to boot, we also had the Greek Gekis in our squad, one of Europe's proven goalscorers and he refused to play him, except for 35 secs in added time.
Don't be surprised to find him replacing your 2 best influential midfielders in a game when you are winning and dominating a game, and bringing on more defenders, therefore relinquishing the initiative.
To the Swindon fans I hope I am wrong, however should you survive and P.Hart becomes manager in the long-term, you can be sure that next season he will be sacked by mid November, and also be aware that he signs players that his son,an agent,manages."

"Paul Hart is an appalling manager and how he keeps landing jobs in the the FL is completely beyond me. He took Rushden & Diamonds into the relegation zone in the Conference within a few months after becoming our manager in the summer of 2006, then demanded a big pay off from a cash strapped club when the situation got so dire that he just had to go. Swindon fans, be very worried".

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 07:22:09 »

"Don't be surprised to find him replacing your 2 best influential midfielders in a game when you are winning and dominating a game, and bringing on more defenders, therefore relinquishing the initiative.".

Grella.
Spencer_White

« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 17:58:51 »

Lets just get behind him now and judge him at the end of the season?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 20:14:01 »

I don't think he's done much wrong so far. He's bombed out Obika. He's dropped JPM and Rose. He got a target man in within a week when we've been crying out for one for ages. He's got a beast arriving in midfield. We looked a shitload better against D&R than we have for a long time. The defence looks a load better but we'll have a better idea of that after the next 3 games.
He's in my good books so far but he's arrived too late in my opinion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 20:29:37 »

For me he's been a bit negative, playing 1 up front, taking off Grella for Rose, etc. He doesn't excite me personally as a long term appointment.

But he was never going to be able to work a miracle overnight. And so yes of course we should see how he does until the end of the season before judging. And I don't mean whether we go down or not. Clearly that is not fair.
iffy

« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 20:45:14 »

I agree that he's been negative, but I think the first thing to do was stop losing.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 21:00:41 »

I agree that he's been negative, but I think the first thing to do was stop losing.

Prefer to start winning,.....been much too deep at home....Douglas is almost playing sweeper every home match.
The tactics ala Wilson are baffling to say the least....hope he comes good,though i really want next seasons manager in place now.....whoever it is.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 21:03:40 »

He doesn't excite me personally as a long term appointment.

Think many would echo that sentiment. IMHO don't think the board were looking beyond May when they appointed him, just thought he had the best attributes (and comparable experience) to keep us up.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: