Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38522 times)
nochee

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:54:19 »

It may be that Walsall's win last night, has convinced the Board that we're totally fucked, and the knees have jerked.

The new man has to be ready and on the scene....Fatbury might be a happy bunny tomorrow.

No way is this a knee jerker. As someone already said, the press shut out now makes more sense and if the replacement is coming tomorrow then this has been planned for sure.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:54:47 »

At last! He should have resigned months ago. Thanks for everything, DW and best of luck

Bring on Walsall!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:55:30 »

People went with the whole "as long as it's not..." last round round. Nobody mentioned Danny Wilson and then when he was appointed and people were like "well, that's underwhelming".

As long as they want to manage Swindon Town F.C. and don't have an alarming amount of links to Oxford then I suppose I'm happy Smiley

I would take anyone who wants to manage Swindon Town however underwhelming apart from him! Just not my type of manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:56:36 »

Nooooo.Not Pook!

Player manager...you heard it here first.

We're going to have to work overtime, to match the 120 pages of Sheena Easton's icy black heart, from the previous interregnum.
iffy

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:57:20 »

More recently sacked managers:

Big Sam Allardyce, Steve Mclaren, Rafa Benitez, Carlos Queiroz, George Burley, Andy Scott (Brentford), Brian Laws

and Tony Hayward from BP.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:59:08 »

As much as I've been critical of Wilson and my joy at seeing him go, I still think he's a decent manager and wish him well.

I reckon the most realistic and likely replacement is Gary Johnson. But there are plenty of decent managers out of work and who knows, someone with a higher profile might be up for dropping down a division or two especially if the money is right.

Not convinced Wilson actually resigned. More likely Fitton told him he was history and gave him the choice of the wording. The fact that they've got a replacement lined up suggests they've been looking for a few days, most likely since Saturday evening, unless they were approached by a bigger name manager out of the blue (highly unlikely).
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:03:35 »

More recently sacked managers:

Big Sam Allardyce, Steve Mclaren, Rafa Benitez, Carlos Queiroz, George Burley, Andy Scott (Brentford), Brian Laws

and Tony Hayward from BP.

I wouldn't rule out Brian Laws. At all.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:04:35 »

Bloody hell, didn't see this one coming at all.  It all seems a bit strange happening in the middle of the week unless last night's results tipped it?  My dad also mentioned the behind closed doors game against Cardiff yesterday and wondered if that had anything to do with it?  Not sure in what way, but seems a strange time to be playing a behind closed doors game?  What purpose did it have?

I'm not really sure who I want in to be honest, but if they keep us up, I'll love them forever  Smiley.  I firmly believe we would have been playing League 2 football next season if Wilson had remained in charge.  Now I have a little bit of optimism that we might turn it around.  I just hope it's not too late.  
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:05:10 »

Andy King seen in CG car park apparently... Cheesy

What about Jim Magilton.... now that would be funny, (or perhaps not.)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:05:46 »

Not convinced Wilson actually resigned. More likely Fitton told him he was history and gave him the choice of the wording.

There's no way he resigned. Fitton would have paid him up to the end of his contract (which would only have been two or three months money and is no skin of the club's nose) and given him the option of resigning (as you said) and leaving with some dignity. That's the sort of classy bloke Fitton is.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:05:46 »

Adver saying its Paul Hart!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:06:29 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/8885673.BREAKING_NEWS__Hart_to_be_named_Town_boss/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

fuck sticks

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:06:39 »

Adver saying its Paul Hart!

Hahaha.

Old schooler until the end of the season.

Very uneasy feeling.
lambourn red

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:07:50 »

I wonder how many more will take up Saturdays free ticket offer now. It will be good to go Saturday with a feeling of unity whoever comes in, lets just hope it is a cracking atmosphere and most of all a fucking win
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:08:10 »

OK, please don't anyone moan. Let's just support the new manager and think positive thoughts Cool
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: