Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17943 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 13:44:41 »

Honestly thought this thread was about David Ball, what with him scoring for Peterborough yesterday.

I am tired.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 14:55:36 »

I heard Fitton is an evil lizzard alien overlord sleeper. Part of an advanced invasion party whose mission is to completely corner the market in mediocre lower league teams.Once he and his kind have the market cornered they can unleash their fiendish plan of rising Matlock Town through the leagues so that they can sell Ross Hannah for a tidy some of money whilst underwriting the VAT loss of ruining the other clubs against other so called business interests.

Its the only reason that makes sense as to why Davey B left and why we didn't sign Nile Ranger when he only wanted sixpence  halfpenny a week to play for us.
David Icke as manager then
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 16:37:54 »

Yes, David Icke for manager.  He's got a proven football pedigree being an ex-Coventry City goalie and he's got vision.  Oh yes, he's got vision - plenty of 'em.

Get him in
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:02:30 »

He comes with his own turquoise tracksuit, thus saving on kit costs.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:23:26 »

The company i work for does business with another company Fitton owns/runs whatever. One of there employees upon noticing my Swindon tattoo said the only reason Wilson is in a job is because he is basically a yes man to Fitton and never questions anything. Went on to say Fitton is very controling in all aspects of the business and has Wilson operating with one hand behind his back. Malpas stood up to him and was rewarded with being shown the door. Wilson wont be sacked but would not be offered a new contract either whatever League we start next season, to avoid paying him off. Expect the replacement to be a long drawn out process and probably wont be a big name. Maybe bollocks. Maybe not, although nothing would surprise me anymore.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:39:04 »

Yes because an employee of a completely unrelated business would be particularly savvy to such information.
K-S-1982

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:41:03 »

The company i work for does business with another company Fitton owns/runs whatever. One of there employees upon noticing my Swindon tattoo said the only reason Wilson is in a job is because he is basically a yes man to Fitton and never questions anything. Went on to say Fitton is very controling in all aspects of the business and has Wilson operating with one hand behind his back. Malpas stood up to him and was rewarded with being shown the door. Wilson wont be sacked but would not be offered a new contract either whatever League we start next season, to avoid paying him off. Expect the replacement to be a long drawn out process and probably wont be a big name. Maybe bollocks. Maybe not, although nothing would surprise me anymore.

Sounds similar to what I heard recently about Fitton always interfering with team matters and sometimes getting involved at training and they said that there was more friction between Fitton and the players than Wilson and the players.

Probably bullshit but a few other people it seems are hearing the same thing so maybe there is something in it?
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:48:11 by K-S-1982 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:59:43 »

A change from the mong complaint on thisis, that Fitton is never around, but always in the US.

I'd have thought it fairly obvious that Fitton didn't help in the rescue of the club, just to take a back seat.  No doubt, this season has been a monumental fuck up, all we as fans can do is hope that lessons have been learned.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:08:57 »

Yes because an employee of a completely unrelated business would be particularly savvy to such information.

Indeed. Hence why i said maybe bollocks. What i will say though in my opinion, is that something has not been right at STFC since the away playoff leg at Charlton. Since Wembley we have been a shadow of the team we had through most of that season. From the wearing of white kit for the final, to selling key players and not replacing their certainly have been odd decisions going on. Maybe to much being read into stuff, afterall had we been running away with the league this season none of us would be questioning anything that goes on at board level.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:12:38 »

I'd have thought it fairly obvious that Fitton didn't help in the rescue of the club, just to take a back seat
Take your point but "hands-on" chairman doesn't usually include the training ground, at least not at clubs that want to do well, usually a recipe for disaster. Although I'm still inclined to take this with sufficient salt to clear every road between here and Ciren in heavy snowfall

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:38:10 »

my understanding is that fitton does like to have input.
greer's sale was his call,and he isn't backwards at coming forwards on team matters.
as chairman he has that right but mistakes have been made.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 20:01:20 »

You'd expect the chairman to be involved in buying/selling players. Not on the training ground though, that's ludicrous if true
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 20:01:52 »

At last a reaction .....

This season has been a total fuck up. Yes Greer has gone, Painter and Austin too.

But money has been spent on potentially good young players who are simply not performing without commitment and expecting to win.  

From last year the biggest example of non performance is JPM who seems not even half the player from last year. However, he is just one of 7 or 8 players not performing.

At the beginning of the season the results were blamed on the "new diamond" formation being played..then later on even stating the windy weather and poor ground conditions...come on.

Paull, I have always read your postings with interest and no I don't lick windows either. What do you suggest is wrong with the playing staff ? There are only so many excuses that are on offer.

Reg, you are well up there when it comes to the history of the club...when was there such a gutless run of performances as we have today ? I suggest possibly 82 / 83 seasons when Trollope was sacked and we were relegated. Prior to that it would have been after Danny Williams left the first time around and during the David Peach and Dave McKay days.

Andrew Fitton has obviously saved this club from being doomed several years ago and for that I would want to thank him. However I need to support a football team with passion and generating excitment..not a bunch of limp wristed, non performing losers.

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 20:10:17 »

Cos I couldn't remember his surname....

All I know was he seemed exceptionally passionate about the club...one minute he was there and the next he was gone...And from a distance he seemed a bloody good guy. Prepared to stand up and be counted. Not like these pricks..

On the field this club has gone from poor to bad and getting worse by the game.
If this had been King, McMahon or another previous manager.."we' the fan base would have been calling for action to get them removed. No, would have demanded a new manager.

If my memory serves me well after that Scot's prick (MM) was sent packing Holloway was begging Swindon for a job. Reports had him sitting in the Town End on several occasions..

He obviously has a  passion like all other successful managers.

Wilson on the other hand is just like a block of ice...making every reason why his team is not performing. Full of crap

Last year at Wembley Swindon were totally out played by a Millwall side that had passion..

The same year Blackpool, (against all the odds) with a manager with passion showed how to beat a very highly rated Cardiff side ...

I suggest to you that Wilson made sure Bynes is not at the club for the obvious reasons..

Surely Fitton must have a very good reason for allowing Wilson to continue to ruin this football club..is he wanting to loose millions of pounds for tax reasons ?

This situation is really pissing me off.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 20:15:03 »

What do you suggest is wrong with the playing staff ? There are only so many excuses that are on offer.
No idea, although "they're a bit shit" springs to mind. But I'm as confident as I can be that it's not some Machiavellian plot to wreck the club as part of a tax dodge. That's even more ludicrous than the excuses Wilson's offered
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: