Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon 0-1 Carlisle Matchday Thread  (Read 61900 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:50:00 »

what happened to the shiny new CG redevlopment plans? im sure they were due out in september?
They revealed quite a bit of what they're looking at doing at the AGM. You can check back and see what was said on here and in the Adver at the time. Not sure where you got September from.
Spencer_White

« Reply #466 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:54:08 »

I don't think anyone is particularly calling for Bodin to play as such. As I have said before, there is no point in Wilson putting him on the bench if he has no intention of playing him. If he doesn't want to throw Bodin in, then don't even name him amongst the subs. This I think, is the point people are making. Send him out on loan to Forest Green or wherever.There's no point in him warming the bench week in week out with no prospect of getting on.

There are a huge number of substitute places to be filled on the bench nowadays. Sometimes its a case of just making up the numbers.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:58:43 »

Odds on 'sack the board' being sung before the seasons out?

I wouldn't put it past some of the Swindon 'faithful'

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #468 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:06:23 »

Nope I think the fans really can't be bothered. Haven't heard any chants to say sack Wilson
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:09:59 »

Dw never said bodin was too small to play he said he wasnt experienced enough which is why he brought prutton on
stfcinbmth

« Reply #470 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:10:31 »

I'm not sure people rejoiced when Morrison left, just saw it as a good bit of business. I don't think Morrison got much better in the last season and a half.

He did score a few, which would be pretty handy right now
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:13:21 »

Dw never said bodin was too small to play he said he wasnt experienced enough which is why he brought prutton on

...and Bodin will never gain any experience sat on the bench anyway.

My gripe is less about whether Bodin gets used or not but more so the fact we've been a striker short since July. Lost 2 in Austin and Ball and got 2 in, in Benyon and Obika - which still leaves us at least a striker short anyway.

We should have got another striker in, in August, or September or January or 2 days ago...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #472 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:16:38 »

He did score a few, which would be pretty handy right now

No doubt. Don't get me wrong, not saying he was crap but £250k for a defender we could develop no further is not too shabby.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:17:32 »

What ever happened to jordan pavett?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:18:24 »

No doubt. Don't get me wrong, not saying he was crap but £250k for a defender we could develop no further is not too shabby.

replacing him with a non league player and an injured defender was a master stroke though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #475 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:21:56 »

replacing him with a non league player and an injured defender was a master stroke though.

Considering we haven't seen much of Flint and nothing of Misun, that's completely unfair. Did you say the same when Austin signed for us and replaced Cox?

Anyway all this talk of Morrison is completely irrelevant, we haven't put a similar clause in Bodin's contract as far as I'm aware.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:38:28 »

what happened to the shiny new CG redevlopment plans? im sure they were due out in september?

I found out a bit of info yesterday.
Firstly, they will be developing the Town End.
They will also be knocking down the Arkells and rebuilding and putting a roof on the Stratton Bank.
The capacity won't be much more than it is now, but there will be a lot more room for corporate functions, restaurant, etc.

this info came from Adam Wainwright.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 13:46:20 »

19k capacity according to Nick Watkins.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:52:22 »

We all know he won't be sacked, It just isn't going to happen, Fitton is so far up his arse that he won't get rid.

As for The Football League Show saying most fans are backing Wilson that's absolute bollocks, Most fans want him sacked!!

I thought exactly the same.  In fact, I can't believe that there are still people like 'Brad' around who'd texted in to say as much.  What will it take for some people to realise that Wilson is not going to keep us in League 1.  When we finish bottom of the table? Even then they're probably some people who think he should be given the opportunity to bring us back up from League 2.  

Fitton has to take some responsibility for the mess we're in as well imo.  Ok he saved us from extinction and for that I'll be enternally grateful, but we've gone completely backwards on the field under the various policies around buying and selling he appears to have instigated.  
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:23:13 by joteddyred » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #479 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:53:31 »

I thought exactly the same.  In fact, I can't believe that there are still people like 'Brad' around who'd texted in to say as much.  What will it take for some people to realise that Wilson is not going to keep us in League 1.  When we finish bottom of the table? Even then they're probably some people who think he should be given the opportunity to bring us back up from League 2. 

Fitton has to take some responsibility for the mess we're in as well imo.  Ok he saved us from extinction and for that I'll be enternally grateful, but we've gone completely backwards on the field under the various policies around buying and selling he appears to have instigated.  The rate we're going, we'll be in the Blue Square by 2012.

Window licker!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: