Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon 0-1 Carlisle Matchday Thread  (Read 61910 times)

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:12:42 »

are they not on 2 year contracts anyway?
they are both on very low wages too.
Spencer_White

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:14:49 »

I think Danny Wilson regrets throwing on Macklin in a match we had to win 2 years ago. Macklin made a mistake and the crowd went completely mental.

Besides the clamour to play him has been OTT.

The problem weve had this season is that Wilson has changed the side and quite often things have got worse. You only go 1 way when that happens. Too many players not up to the job.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:26:55 »

Yesterday was dreadful with the exception of the first 15-20minutes...good atmosphere with the crowd willing the team on, even a couple of half attempts at goal. They scored a good goal, Benyon was off, Dossevi on....he is hopeless, clueless  everything that ends in `less`

Now is the time in the remaining home matches for us the supporters to vent our feelings about DW....not at the end of the game but right from the start......I love STFC...but we are fucked...and we have been fucked up by DW this season ( not last season but right now ) he is completely fucking things up and we MUST let our feeling be heard.

I hate going to games and listening to fans complaining about the manager all the time BUT the time has come and he must go now

Bathtime
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:27:33 »

Taking off the injured Dossevi and replacing him with Prutton when we're 1-0 down tells you that Wilson really doesn't think Bodin (as he was the only striker left on the bench) is ready for 1st team football.
Strange why he was on the bench in the first place if that's the case.
flammableBen

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:31:05 »

Taking off the injured Dossevi and replacing him with Prutton when we're 1-0 down tells you that Wilson really doesn't think Bodin (as he was the only striker left on the bench) is ready for 1st team football.
Strange why he was on the bench in the first place if that's the case.

Maybe he thought he might bring him on if we were 2 up with 10 mins left, bit of experience for the lad to help him get ready for the tougher more chalenging games (like yesterday actually ended up being like)?

I dunno, we're not exactly over run with competition for all our sub places, I don't think it's the end of the world.

Not sure I completely agree, but I can certainly see why Bodin can be on the bench and not ready to be thrown into a game where there's a lot of pressure to battle a comeback.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:32:12 »

I think Danny Wilson regrets throwing on Macklin in a match we had to win 2 years ago. Macklin made a mistake and the crowd went completely mental.
I think you're right on the money there Spencer. Ironically, I suspect some of those calling for Bodin to play are possibly the same people (not necessarily on here) who defended their "right" to get on Macklin's back when he was a young kid making his debut. If our crowd were a bit more supportive of our home-grown players, our managers might be more prepared to throw them in earlier
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:51:18 »

I think you're right on the money there Spencer. Ironically, I suspect some of those calling for Bodin to play are possibly the same people (not necessarily on here) who defended their "right" to get on Macklin's back when he was a young kid making his debut. If our crowd were a bit more supportive of our home-grown players, our managers might be more prepared to throw them in earlier
I don't think anyone is particularly calling for Bodin to play as such. As I have said before, there is no point in Wilson putting him on the bench if he has no intention of playing him. If he doesn't want to throw Bodin in, then don't even name him amongst the subs. This I think, is the point people are making. Send him out on loan to Forest Green or wherever.There's no point in him warming the bench week in week out with no prospect of getting on.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:57:15 »

Maybe he thought he might bring him on if we were 2 up with 10 mins left, bit of experience for the lad to help him get ready for the tougher more chalenging games (like yesterday actually ended up being like)?

If I remember rightly he did give Bodin a run at Daggers when we were 2-1 down with just a few minutes to go in the game. Bodin didn't disgrace himself in those few minutes. Why home to Carlisle should make any difference I don't know, perhaps (if DW is saying he is too small) he's shrunk in the last few months?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:00:53 »

disgusting to watch. i for one will not watch another game this season if that idiot is still in charge. im a season ticket holder too! Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash
hahaha

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:10:34 »

I don't think anyone is particularly calling for Bodin to play as such. As I have said before, there is no point in Wilson putting him on the bench if he has no intention of playing him. If he doesn't want to throw Bodin in, then don't even name him amongst the subs. This I think, is the point people are making. Send him out on loan to Forest Green or wherever.There's no point in him warming the bench week in week out with no prospect of getting on.
That might be the point you were making OST but there was plenty around me yesterday calling for him to come on who were just as vocal in getting on Macklin's back. Which irritated me a little.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:17:48 »

Without wishing to go on about old hat many people were quick to get on young Morrisons back....and almost rejoiced when he left for Reading.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:36:37 »

Good point leefer. And nice hat, too!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:41:45 »

Good point leefer. And nice hat, too!
Grin

sn5_red

« Reply #463 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:43:43 »

what happened to the shiny new CG redevlopment plans? im sure they were due out in september?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #464 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:48:26 »

I'm not sure people rejoiced when Morrison left, just saw it as a good bit of business. I don't think Morrison got much better in the last season and a half.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: