Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50-Over World Cup  (Read 27975 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 17:23:32 »

To be fair I haven't heard Boycs comments, but if its not about his cricketing skills, then hes a grade A Cunt

Basically said something along the lines of 'Depressed is he? He must have read my comments about his bowling'

Tactless certainly from Boycs but he did go on to express sympathy at Yardy's condition. Just a poor choice of wording.

As for the cricket itself, good win for India sets up a great looking semi against Pakistan. Imagine the atmosphere will be hostile to say the least.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 17:29:12 »

Boycott is a cunt.

Seems to forget he got done for assaulting a woman
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 18:43:12 »

Haven't heard what Boycott said but it can hardly come as a surprise that he holds antiquated views on something and that his life revolves around Cricket.

India v Australia was an excellent game, made more fun by watching it in a pub full of mad Indians: Tendulkar getting out nearly emptied the place.

Expect that was also Brett Lee's last game, and possibly Ponting. Both true greats, one will be remembered fondly by all around the world, the other will not.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 18:44:58 by Nemo » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 20:01:09 »

I feel sorry for Yardy. It's not helped my the amount of International cricket there is. In cannot be much fun living out of a suitcase, moving from city to city for months on end, which the England cricket team seem to face. They have been on the road except for a coupe of days since the beginning of November, nearly 5 months ago. I hope he gets over his depression and gets better soon.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DMR

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 20:57:53 »

I feel sorry for Yardy. It's not helped my the amount of International cricket there is. In cannot be much fun living out of a suitcase, moving from city to city for months on end, which the England cricket team seem to face. They have been on the road except for a coupe of days since the beginning of November, nearly 5 months ago. I hope he gets over his depression and gets better soon.

Doesnt really apply to Yardy though does it, he doesnt play test cricket and isn't always in the ODI set up either.
Spencer_White

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 21:47:55 »

Just finnished watching the highlights. Loved the excitement of the crowd and the emotion of the Indian players. This WC is so much better thanks to the abolishion of the 2nd group stage (made the UEFA Champions League a poor product as well). Cant wait for the big game on saturday, it feels like a great tournament, and its great to still be supporting England in it!

As for Yardy, he might be prolific in County Cricket, but you need class in international 50 over cricket. Always thought bowlers who basically relied on 'total variation' do work up to a point (same as Adam Hollioake). IMO the bigger the game, the more batsmen tend to concentrate, thats why the big games produce so many more close finnishes and I think its also why mix it up bowling like Yardy's doesnt work on the big stage (just a theory).

So, dont rate Yardy myself. But in his defence I would say that India is always a really tough tour. Things can easily get on top of you. Not just getting ill, the heat and humidity. Things like the child poverty, the begging and leppers. If you walk down the street with a can of coke the kids will surround you in the hope of getting some, and the state of some of the beggars is utterly depressing. The cities are so crowded and hectic out there, if you walk home at night you have to step over people sleeping rough in the middle of the pavements. And you cant get away from spicy food, everything is spicy, even if you go for a pizza! I was only in Mumbai for a week and I was relieved to get out.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 22:06:36 by Spencer_White » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 23:31:44 »

tend to agree with most of the posts above, but two disagreements:
1) brett lee a true great?? very good yeah, but very lucky to play as many test matches as he did. overrated by both waugh and ponting ahead of other domestic bowlers who would have recorded better numbers

2) spence... the only flaw in your pretty much flawless post is that yardy isn't and never has been a profilic domestic bowler in one-day cricket in county cricket.. averages 48 or so! shows the difference opening up between ODIs and T20 (where yardy still has a role because economy > wickets in t20 where as in odis they need to be balanced). flower wanted to pick samit patel over yardy anyway prior to the tournament but he failed all the fitness criteria they set him
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 12:42:03 »

If you like cricket give Testmatchsofa.com a listen

Bathtime
DMR

« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 16:08:15 »

I've gotta stop watching the Saffas in pressure games, I've almost wet myself laughing for the last hour of their innings
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 16:12:22 »

That was wonderful. They get so upset about the chokers tag, but they live up to it every single time.

Jacob Oram was terrific, and Guptill's fielding is unbelievably good.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 16:13:17 »

Yeah it has made for very enjoyable viewing.

SA have still never won a knockout match in a world cup  Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 16:50:10 »

Big chance for England to get to the final now if they can step up their game. Bif if though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #102 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 18:20:35 »

I thought the way NZ destroyed Pakistan's attack marked them out as a dangerous team.

Wouldnt want to be anywhere near Graeme Smith tonight.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 19:24:23 »

Judging by this:

Rob Shepherd and Alan Brazil can fuck off too. Pair of cunts.

Fair fucking play to Ronnie Irani.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 08:43:37 »

COME ON ENGLAND!!

Looking forward to this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: