Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bournemouth Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54617 times)
Lumps

« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:06:57 »

I can't be arsed to  read through the entire thread, but some of you are getting scarily close to describing us as "t** g**d t* g* d*wn". The worries me a bit. If I find that anyone posts those words on here in full anywhere I will hunt you down and kill you like the dog you are.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:08:14 »

Few Bournemouth fans saying we're the best side to have played there this season.

Gotta be a good thing right? Maybe the squad is galvonising now...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:26:23 »

I think this is the first time in a very long time I haven't felt shit after a defeat. Mainly because there's some decent posters on here who seem to find some nice positives to throw in amongst the pessimist's vitriol.

I heard it on the radio, so can't comment on the game, but I think we seem to be improving and playing as a team now Burnley have signed a player from us. I don't care why, it could be a coincidence, I just hope we can build and continue in this vein, because by all positive accounts we're now starting to do things right.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:28:44 »

I can't be arsed to  read through the entire thread, but some of you are getting scarily close to describing us as "t** g**d t* g* d*wn". The worries me a bit. If I find that anyone posts those words on here in full anywhere I will hunt you down and kill you like the dog you are.

I think if a girl posts that she is 'too glad to go down' and your response was that, it would worry me. Probably more so than Fatbury chatting up Toni.

Although I'm more worried bythe fact that fatbury is now 'following' me on Twitter.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:42:20 »

Got back 15 minutes or so after an interesting drive home in some ludicrous fog.

Can only echo the thoughts of those that went to the game and Wilson. We deserved at least a point, probably three from that game, but the luck just isn't going our way at the moment. Ref was a total shit, not just for us (the Bournemouth player yellow carded for being jumped on by Phil Smith being a personal highlight) but more importantly for us in allowing their third and not ours, when they looked at best similar calls.

Dossevi worked very hard and played well as a second striker, but missed an unforgiveable one on one and a few other chances, he reminds me a bit of Paynter in the first six weeks or so of last season when he was in and out of the team. Was knackered at the end and needed a rest really, which is why it would have been helpful to have a Youth Team striker on the bench even if they're not ready- I'll be surprised if Dossevi starts on Saturday now as he ran himself into the ground tonight.

Caddis had his best game for us at right wing, his goal was very well taken. Luck was against us though, their first was a horrible looping deflection of the kind that you can't do much about, second Phil Smith made a smart stop from a header but it fell to the feet of a Bournemouth player and the third could easily have been disallowed.

Keep the faith.
flammableBen

« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 00:56:32 »

Just got back from the pub. We won yeah?
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 01:58:08 »

Having not waded all 35 pages here's my brief take on it.

Good: the way we controlled the game from start of second half till we scored.
Caddis performance was very good, he seemed to provide the most threat we had.

Bad: defending especially from set pieces in first half. How many free headers did we give from corners till they score, ditto The ridiculous flapathon and lack of clearing for the third goal. The disallowing of Dossevi's header - have been able to see a replay and its a mystery as to why the ref blew when Ritchie, at worst, runs into their defender and goes down.

Though we had some horrible luck I think we are still in big trouble just because the defence was too much of a mess for too long.

Apologies if that's what everyone else has said.

Spencer_White

« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 08:06:38 »

We were poor first half in defence, they sat far too deep allowing Bournemouth too much space in our area. But, overall it was a fantastic commited performance. You could see our boys were knackered by the end.

The referee lost the plot at the crucial stage of the game when we were battering them. The Sheehan booking was the most undeserved yellow card I have ever seen in football.

So overrall, no it doesnt get us any points. But I think the players showed they are fully commited behind Danny Wilson and sacking him would be madness.

Terrible driving conditions on the way home. Glad I didnt have a beer, because I needed 100% concentration to get through it.

Entertainment 8/10, Our team 7/10, Team's effort 9/10, Our fans numbers wise 7/10, noise wise 3/10, referee 0/10. Dick.  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:06:11 by Spencer_White » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 08:22:43 »

Just got back from the pub. We won yeah?
fuck me i admire your stamina ben!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:09:43 »

a large proportion of the wrist slitting/negativity/wild panic seems to be from people posting during, and therefore not at the game. Just sayin'.

Far from perfect but the performances are getting better in the last few games. Carry on like that and the results will come.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:26:41 »

a large proportion of the wrist slitting/negativity/wild panic seems to be from people posting during, and therefore not at the game. Just sayin'.

Far from perfect but the performances are getting better in the last few games. Carry on like that and the results will come.
I can't help but nod and agree every time I read your posts.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
woolster

« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:31:23 »

can all women and children get into the life boats immediately, everyone else cling on to the ropes
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:56:05 »

Spencer_White, London_Red, JanAageisGod, Nemo & Barry Scott - thank you for talking sense!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:25:36 »

I can't help but nod and agree every time I read your posts.

Think I can change that.

deadmau5 are shit and anyone that likes them is a cunt

Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:32:56 »

Well what can you say about that game that hasnt been said?

Worst reffing I have seen in nearly 40 years of following the Town, terrible, the dissallowed goal by Dossevi.....then booking him for complaining about it....what the hell was it for? must have been a sneaky push by someone that only the Ref saw.

1st half we were defensively a shambles, Amankwaah had a mare and was beaten every time, we couldnt deal with the crosses or them beating our offside trap with pace, they looked like they would score on almost every attack.

The first goal was a flukey deflection that looped over Smiffys head when we all thought it was going over, and against the run of play at the time.

Caddis goal was a supurb move and passing on the right side with Caddis cutting inside and doing what Dossevi should have done with his chance minutes before when he was clean through and even though the keeper saved it I can say that it was going a yard wide anyway, great pace and control by Dossevi but a dismal finish, Caddis on the other hand took it with relish.

The 2nd goal for them Smiffy fumbled a shot and no defender picked it up and it was smashed home from about 3 yards unmarked.

2nd half was a total transformation, we were all over them for pretty much all of the half, both wings being used well with some good crosses in the box but with no target man there, Ritchie sort of played as a 2nd striker slightly behind Dossevi but was pretty much lost for most of the game until he popped up with a 6 yard knock in for his goal after Dossevi hit the post after some great movement and passing.

Then the ref decided something had happened when Dossevi scored what looked to be a good goal, only the ref seemed to see it and I wait eagerly to see a replay of exactly what happened.

Boremuff then hit us on the break, man they have some fast players, Smiffy made 2 excellent point blank saves before the ball fell to one of their players and he really smashed the ball in the net.

We had another couple of chances late on but couldnt finish them.

a game of 2 halves for us, 1st was poor 2nd was excellent, we passed and moved but missed the finish of a top class stiker up front, should have been a draw at least, could easily have been a win in the end.

A couple of mindless young kids being dragged out for abuse otherwise there was little trouble considering how bad it could have escilated after the diabolical decisions by the so called ref.

I disagree a bit with Spencer about our fans, we pretty muchh drowned out the locals and thought we did pretty well on the noise stakes, more like a 6/10 otherwise spot on.

If we play as we did in the 2nd half we will get results if we play like we did 1st half then we will be relegated.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: