Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34209 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 08:51:17 »

Just noticed Yeovil have 7 of their next 10 games at home - We could be in the shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not what other teams do...it's down to what we do.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 08:53:15 »

We lost 1-3 to a team that beat Walsall 6-1 yesterday as well, so what is new?

I think you'll find that Walsall beat them 6-1

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Spencer_White

« Reply #362 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 09:44:03 »

Rovers are always up for playing us because we are their cup final.

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 10:10:22 »

just read the thread.norway red is a fucking nutcase.
that is all
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 10:12:48 »

Just noticed Yeovil have 7 of their next 10 games at home - We could be in the shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee.....WE ARE IN THE SHIT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 10:26:47 »

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee.....WE ARE IN THE SHIT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to post something along those lines, perhaps less vehemently, we're 2 points better off than a couple of years ago, when we stayed up by beating Wovers on the penultimate Sat. Unless something changes dramatically, then we're in for a similar nervy battle.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 10:35:57 »

that is all

Yes

Cheesy Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 11:13:39 »

Indeed, and we've played more than most around us. i can see Plymouth being dragged in too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 11:25:27 »

Indeed, and we've played more than most around us. i can see Plymouth being dragged in too.

Plymuff have the right sort of ingredients to implode, but sometimes a fighting spirit comes out of adversity....look at the other Muff for example.

We've yet to see any of that...the players were still rattling on about a top 6 finish a fortnight ago.
Spencer_White

« Reply #369 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 11:30:35 »

the players come across as complete half wits on twitter so its no suprise it took them so long to figure out what sort of season we are actually having.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 11:33:15 »

that is all
I agree but he's our fucking nutcase.
Spencer_White

« Reply #371 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 11:37:38 »

Lower league football terraces should be the haven of the fucking nutcases.
Spencer_White

« Reply #372 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 12:22:30 »

Fitton out?!  Oh dear.  Some of our fans really are a little hard of understanding.

However, I think it is true to say that the next 48 hours are crucial.  If the players that we desperately need to rebuild the squad do not show up, I think I may start to question whether there truly is the desire at board level to build something here...as opposed to simply maintaining the club at its current level having saved it 3 years ago.  The crowd of approx 8,200 today was outstanding given our league position, current form and that the club we were playing was a relative minnow.  The fans have responded to the board's recent initiatives - so it would be tragic if next year the momentum had completely gone and we were back to 5,500 on a Saturday.  A waste.

Since Wembley, I've not heard as much from the board as I would have liked to.  The stadium plans may be well advanced - but the detail that (I think) was promised at the AGM has not been made public.  On the playing side, we've done it to death.  The 2010/11 season will be the one that never really was because we let key players go and did not adequately replace.  I suppose all I'm saying is that - in the past - I've been an ardent supporter and advocate of this board, and I wish to remain so.  But we really need to see some action, and a show of intent, in the next 2 days.  If we don't, I will start become a little nervous about whether they truly have the appetite to take us forward in the way we would all want.  I want Andrew Fitton to transform us in the same way that John Madejski transformed Reading.  Hope it happens.

I think the development of the ground will be watered down. Theres too many fans saying they wont renew their season tickets even though they are dirt cheap.

What I think they will do is redevelop the ground to satisfy 3 criteria.

1) Get all 4 sides of the ground covered and get fans on all 4 sides of the ground every game.
2) Update the North stand facilities and put corporate boxes into the South stand.
3) Make the Town end into a modern stand with a steep pitch in order to get rid of the element who have refused to sit down and obey ground regulations.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 15:29:46 »

I was going to post something along those lines, perhaps less vehemently, we're 2 points better off than a couple of years ago, when we stayed up by beating Wovers on the penultimate Sat. Unless something changes dramatically, then we're in for a similar nervy battle.

What we did when we were in this situation a couple of years ago was that we stayed out of the bottom four for pretty much most of that time. Where we struggled 2 years ago is that we kept drawing games we should have won and then it was from chucking in late goals and took ages to get the wins in. This time I think we are going to struggle to score games but what is annoying is in the last two games we've missed the chance to get a couple of quick wins to give us some breathing space. Games in hand are less important at this end of the table, as teams by the nature of where they are in the league are not going to pick up many points in these (or not until the business end of the season where they pick up points in a last desperate effort to stay up)
König

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 17:22:43 »

just watched the highlights on player, think ritchie definitely should have scored with his header, it was a comfortable height with no one around him. and dossevis attempted header from obriens cross in the second half was a joke, reckon i could have hit the target from there! nice to see obriens roasting of their right back again!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: