Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gash Heads vs Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38809 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:50:22 »

Those who went I only have one question to ask was it as bad as Yeovil last week?
No, we actually looked decent for a 15/20 minute spell at 2-1 down then they went straight up the other end and finished the match off.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:50:43 »

I played football today, didnt go, didnt listen, didnt care at all.

Those who went I only have one question to ask was it as bad as Yeovil last week?

Can you get a game just like that-fuck,you must be good!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:52:05 »

disagree about being strong offensively.we have 1 forward who knows where the net is,and he wants to leave.
the whole team is a mess from back to front

Only 6 teams have scored more goals than us this season.

Obviously if Austin leaves we need replacements.

Priority is at the back without a shadow of a doubt.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:56:52 »

Can you get a game just like that-fuck,you must be good!

Yes I am.

Ok, no im not I've been playing every other saturday this season and the team I play for have lost all but one game this season and have a single point - so not the best team in the world!

I've usually at least got someone on the side line checking the score, I'm usually straight in the car with the radio on as soon as I can - not today, I didnt want to know.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:01:52 »

I played football today, didnt go, didnt listen, didnt care at all.

Honestly? No.

Not long got back.  1st goal we conceded to be fair to Rovers was a pretty good goal and left our defence flat footed. I can't see Hoskins being at Rovers much longer.

It took us about 20mins to start stringing any decent movements together but like the last few games we just lack any imposing threat in the final third playing 4-5-1.

Ritchie was marked out of the game completely, every time he got the ball he was closed down by 2 or 3 Rovers players.

Austin worked hard but without any decent service he was always going to hit a brick wall.

Dougie did ok today but the rest were poor Ferry being the worst.  I don't know what it is but to me when Prutton plays in a 3 man midfield or next to JD he looks lost and it's hard to understand just what role is meant to play or what he brings to the midfield.  I don't think he's a bad player but Danny needs to make a decision on what his role is in the team because at times he looks like a lost sheep.

Sadly for me it was our fullbacks that let us down today defensively, i though LJF did ok but we seriosly need some one in defence to organise the back line.  Greer wasn't a great defender in my eyes but what he more than made up for was it leadership qualities and he bossed the back four.

Wilson was far too slow changing his tactics and should of gone 4-4-2 at after half time because in my eyes 4-5-1 just wasn't working.  Sure we huffed and we puffed but no end product which sadly is the story of our last few games.

Their defence easily coped with most of our attacks because we're just so predictable and the sad thing is i genuinely now believe Danny doesn't know how to mix it up.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:33:26 »

LJF ok? Honestly, he was abysmal. So one sided he doesn't even tackle with his right, let alone pass. Ok, so we had the measure of Hoskins in the air, but he was clueless otherwise. No communication, shocking distribution, no positional sense, no confidence. We cannot carry a player like that in our side.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:39:12 »

He was no worse than the others in the back 4. The worst player in our side was Ferry by an absolute mile.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:49:03 »

Granted, Sheehan was poor today, again, incapable of kicking a ball with his right foot, and Caddis, as we've come to expect, is strangely slow, turns like the QE2, doesn't close down and loses the ball too easily. I felt sorry for Cuthbert, he isnt to blame.

But LJF hasnt got the ability or mentality to be even a half decent centre back and if we think we can start him and stay up we are completely deluded.
Panda Paws

« Reply #443 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:50:03 »

There is a reason he was fourth choice CB before Morrison left, he's not the Messiah, he's a very average L2 CB

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:51:37 »

ljf got slated for last weeks conceeded goal too,but i thought cuthbert was at least equally to blame as he miss judged the first ball like ljf did,and then didn't react quickly enough when matey followed up to score.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:54:18 »

lw
There is a reason he was fourth choice CB before Morrison left, he's not the Messiah, he's a very average L2 CB
I see Pericard doesn't play so you've made LJF the scape goat today.  LJF was no worse than the rest of the back 4 in fact our fullbacks should bear the biggest brunt of the blame
Panda Paws

« Reply #446 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 20:00:35 »

lwI see Pericard doesn't play so you've made LJF the scape goat today.  LJF was no worse than the rest of the back 4 in fact our fullbacks should bear the biggest brunt of the blame

Bollocks. I didn't go, and nor did I mention today, goats, goals or blame.

I just don't rate LFJ particularly highly at all, he's a bit shit I reckon and he definitely was fourth choice CB up until last week.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #447 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 20:31:55 »

he was more than good enough in a promotion chasing team last year.
Dozno9

« Reply #448 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 20:50:30 »

LJF has the best passing ability out of all the recent centre backs we've had. He can pick a 50 yard pass at times with ease. He often gets caught behind him and is maybe better suited to LB but he's no worse than the others at the moment.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #449 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 21:00:53 »

Realistically in every position this season we are only 1 player short. we have 3 of the 4 defenders 3 of the 4  midfielders and 1 of last seasons strikers. unfortunatly wilson bought the wrong players in the summer but has decided he has to justify them by keep playing them. I think his fuck up on signings is whats holding us back getting the players we need now.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: