Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wilson: 'Austin transfer request down to immaturity'  (Read 5657 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:00:11 »

Wilson: 'Austin transfer request down to immaturity'

CHARLIE Austin’s immaturity as a professional footballer played a major role in his decision to ask for a transfer, according to Danny Wilson.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8804288.Wilson___Austin_transfer_request_down_to_immaturity_/?ref=rss

Doctor Bamber

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:24:36 »

mmmmmm - I smell a smokescreen

Shrewd move by Danny though - it will deflect the flak from Charlie tomorrow somewhat.
Gashead fans will have a field day though with the "immaturity" tag. They will be chucking dummies at him

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:39:11 »

mmmmmm - I smell a smokescreen

Shrewd move by Danny though - it will deflect the flak from Charlie tomorrow somewhat.
Gashead fans will have a field day though with the "immaturity" tag. They will be chucking dummies at him

Shouldn't play again for STFC....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:41:21 »

Or it's for real. Never made a mistake Reg?
Dozno9

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:44:51 »

This whole episode is embarrassing. I think all parties have had a role to play in the circus that has occured over the past week. The club slagging off Charlie for going public then your manager patronising you publicly by calling you immature. good work.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:47:36 »

Or it's for real. Never made a mistake Reg?

When I have, then I've expected to take the consequences.  In Austin's case that's moving on with the opprobrium of the fans ringing in his ears.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:49:28 »

If no one forgives your mistakes though, it's a pretty lonely world.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 07:53:58 »

If no one forgives your mistakes though, it's a pretty lonely world.

But this is football we're talking about not the real world....Austin has committed a cardinal sin.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:03:15 »

Shouldn't play again for STFC....

Agreed

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:11:42 »

He has committed the "cardinal sin" of being young, being immature, being basically under-educated, spoilt, blissfully unaware of the consequences of his actions, badly advised by his agent, not living in the real world anymore, and basically just a bit daft.
Which could be a description of 99% of professional footballers under the age of 23.

He hasnt done an El-Hadj Diouf, he hasnt done a Ballotelli, he hasnt disrespected the club or its fans. He has simply been monumentally dumn in how he went about asking for a chance to better himself. End of.

Its no different to any of us in the real world sending out our CVs to someone we'd like to work for. except that when no one replies to our advances, it doesnt make the papers and make us look stupid.

Good on the club for holding out for the price they know he's worth - so far. We have caved in in the past, and even in the recent past (morrison) whether it was in the clubs power or not. When Charlie learns a bit of maturity he'll be a better player for it

Freddies Ferret

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:18:27 »

He has disrespected the club and the fans though! I dont blame him for wanting to climb the football ladder but there are ways of going about it. He is playing well and his chance would have come soon enough (Probably this month).
Wilson should not play Austin tomorrow! He has made it clear he wants away and therefore should not make the starting lineup. I will lose alot of respect for the manager if I see number 32 on the team sheet!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:20:16 »

Seems to me Charlie's agent painted him into a corner on Monday in the assumption it would precipitate a rush of bids. Which rather suggests he doesn't have much in the way of direct contacts himself. Silly agent.

And now the club are offering Charlie a route out of that corner - up to him if he wants it
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:24:49 »

Seems to me Charlie's agent painted him into a corner on Monday in the assumption it would precipitate a rush of bids. Which rather suggests he doesn't have much in the way of direct contacts himself. Silly agent.

And now the club are offering Charlie a route out of that corner - up to him if he wants it

Agree with this...
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:25:17 »

I hope Charlie plays at the weekend.

A lot of people on here argue that football is just a business (I agree) - he is our asset at present, he also happens to be our best/only goal threat, It would be bad business not to play him.

FWIW, I hope he is here for the rest of the season. I see Wilsons comments as an olive branch.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:27:43 »

I think he should play at the weekend, however i think he may be gone by the end of the month
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: