Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A-A-AGM  (Read 12102 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 22:12:14 »

And a head shakers zone, a sack whoever is our current manager zone and a it was better in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's (delete as appropriate) zone

This could be the start of something quite special.
Panda Paws

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 22:42:33 »

Revenue from commercial activities doubled in a season.

Massively important point. Fair play to the club for this, and long may it continue
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 23:52:05 »

The rise in Revenue looks the best news, we've been sat with the same turnover since about 1994 ( I remember seeing some accounts back than for a college project).  After years of costs being the only thing we could ever hope to do anything about, our financial status now has two ways of improving.

Wonder if there will be much rejoicing about the contract offered to Austin, ensuring the extra year, in the same way that there was much maligning about the Morrison one?
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 09:30:07 »

The rise in Revenue looks the best news, we've been sat with the same turnover since about 1994 ( I remember seeing some accounts back than for a college project).  After years of costs being the only thing we could ever hope to do anything about, our financial status now has two ways of improving.

Agree entirely. While the headline profit is somewhat misleading due to one-off adjustments, the underlying picture is very encouraging even though the club is still reliant on he owners putting in their own money each year.

The turnover figure of £5.3m is easily a record. You have to go back to 1998 the last time the club exceeded £4m in turnover so to go from £3.5m to £5.3m in one season is very impressive. Obviously reaching the play offs helped a lot but in 2003-04 (a comparable season in many ways), turnover was only £3.9m
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:00:21 »

Plowing through the back of the accounts last night I did notice that we only paid £75k for players, which must be for Charlie and Scott Cuthbert, which is in total a lot less than previously thought.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:07:49 »

Plowing through the back of the accounts last night I did notice that we only paid £75k for players, which must be for Charlie and Scott Cuthbert, which is in total a lot less than previously thought.
Was there any breakdown of wage costs between playing/non-playing staff? And any indication whether that has gone up/down/stayed the same?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:17:33 »

Nothing yet on club or Adver sites about the ground redevelopment.  Hope they get something up later.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:18:43 »

Was they not going to put the accounts of the website before the AGM

PaulD: Must be the first year you have not attended an AGM did you not get withdrawal symptoms and feel you needed to be there to challenge things  Cheesy
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 11:25:54 »

Was there any breakdown of wage costs between playing/non-playing staff? And any indication whether that has gone up/down/stayed the same?

Wages were £3.85m up from £3.57 in 2009. There isnt any explicit breakdown between playing and non playing staff but I think its safe to assume the vast majority of that is playing staff.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:08:40 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/staticFiles/25/67/0,,10341~157477,00.pdf

Accounts are now online for the sad saps like me who read this crap.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:20:36 »

Wages were £3.85m up from £3.57 in 2009. There isnt any explicit breakdown between playing and non playing staff but I think its safe to assume the vast majority of that is playing staff.

Staff costs went up to £1.115m from £849k. If you take these out of the total figures, which should be the playing staff, 2010 salaries total £2.735m, whilst in 2009 in was £2.721m, an increase of £14k.

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:24:41 »

Thanks So69/ah. Was there any info on year-on-year changes through to this season? I'm interested as to whether our wage bill has changed across the time since Fitton et al were fully in control, whether it's been stabilised etc
Barry Scott

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:28:28 »

Shows just how good our board are. Well done and I'm really pleased. It's just a shame the profit figure is even mentioned as this will likely bring out the thisistards and their cries to spend money on more players.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:44:49 »

The fact is if you stripped out the exceptional items, we are still running at a loss of about £1.5m.

One little thing on the last page in regards to new signings, plus any other liabilities for transfers. It says that the net income since May, is £62,300. The contingent liabiliy from these transactions amounts to approx £200k (Caddis and Ferry's transfer fee?).

Also, it mentions that the club may be liable for extra payments, dependent on the success of the team totalling £80,500, and that the club might be receiving extra payments up to £198,500 on future sell on clauses.

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:49:56 »

Thanks So69/ah. Was there any info on year-on-year changes through to this season? I'm interested as to whether our wage bill has changed across the time since Fitton et al were fully in control, whether it's been stabilised etc

The only way to do that is to dig out all the accounts for the last few years to do an analysis, as they just compare year on year here. It is noticable that the number of personel has dropped from 367 to 298 in just a year.

In next years accounts, they will be able to take back the £300k they had to put on deposit with the courts, but it'll be interesting if a certain Greek fellow will pay a penny of their court costs back.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: