Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ALANNNNN!!!!  (Read 4653 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 00:32:42 »

Strange.....all the progs up till 1970 have it down as the West Stand...oh well just wondering.

Can you give an example of its use in the prog...I've just plucked a random prog from 1959 in front of my nose and find no such reference....this caught my attention though from the Supporter's Club notes

" A supporter informs us that he intends to "hitch hike" to Chesterfield to next Saturday's match and thought we should welcome the news for publicity purposes.

However much this mode of transport might have been justified in emergencies, by Servicemen, let us say immediately we deplore it for pleasure purposes, and feel that, if anyone desires an excursion, he should pay for it or stay at home, and not impose on the goodwill of others.

We do not care whether he reaches Chesterfield or not, nor if he gets back to Swindon, but we trust that, if he is able to reach the ground there, he will at least pay for admission to the natch, and not give a wrong impression  of Swindon supporters generally, by endeavouring to get a complimentary ticket.

However much they grumble, football supporters are usually willing to pay at the turnstiles without question and in the case of Swindon, they are usually willing to contribute to our half time collection. Once again though we would mention that we have no use for the apple cores and and orange peel still being thrown into the sheets , and shall be grateful if supporters will refrain fromthis display of "doubtful humour"
Rodney

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 00:36:36 »

If loan players count then it's James Milner...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 01:20:49 »

hang on now you're talking about transfer fees SUBSEQUENT to playing for town.
don't think that was Reg's original vibe like
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: