Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pox heading back to the Conference?  (Read 2189 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 09:15:14 »

One point off relegation!!   Girl Giggle
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 09:30:14 »

Lucky for them it's only November isn't it.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 09:32:49 »

Is it only november though?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 09:51:24 »

They finished strongly last season, so a lower mid table finish should still be within their reach.

Also - after hurling that particular stone just then, I'd like to let you all know that my glass house is now well & truly ####ed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 17:07:25 »

Unfortunately I don't think we're in much of a position to gloat....a look at the current league table reveals that we've a notably poor record at the teams below us with the exception of Walsall, mainly in away matches...which means in general terms we've yet to visit the higher placed teams.  Of course form fluctuates, but losing to Notts C tomorrow would put us into a very unhealthy position. Further 4 go from L1, so it's easier to go from than L2, where you have to be truly terrible.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 18:21:12 »

For virtually my entire STFC watching life, I've been in a position to gloat as I am now. I don't think for one second we'll go down this season. As for the Scummers, they normally fall apart after X Mas so they could well go back to where they belong and dream of playing us in the Cup.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 18:39:45 »

For virtually my entire STFC watching life, I've been in a position to gloat as I am now. I don't think for one second we'll go down this season.

Out of interest should we lose at Meadow Lane we'll be 2 points off the drop zone....we're 2 points better off after the same number of games in 08/09, form which saw off Malpas.

That season we had a penchant for 3-3 draws because we couldn't defend....of course we didn't drop, but it was a struggle.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 18:41:23 »

Out of interest should we lose at Meadow Lane we'll be 2 points off the drop zone....we're 2 points better off after the same number of games in 08/09, form which saw off Malpas.

That season we had a penchant for 3-3 draws because we couldn't defend....of course we didn't drop, but it was a struggle.

How do you know we will be 2 points off the drop zone? What if all the other teams around us lose as well (except for County of course) then the points difference would be the same? On the flip side.....win and other teams above us drop points and we're 3 or 4 off the play-offs.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 18:49:34 »

How do you know we will be 2 points off the drop zone? What if all the other teams around us lose as well (except for County of course) then the points difference would be the same? On the flip side.....win and other teams above us drop points and we're 3 or 4 off the play-offs.

It;s a bit complicated to explain on here, but should County win, they'll move to 19 points, and remain 4th from bottom, no matter what anyone else does. We'll still be on 21.  Of course there's nothing wrong with our position that 3 or 4 wins in row wont put right, but that has been the case all season. A little run of 3 in row, dragged us off the foot of the table, but we've not pushed on.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 22:42:15 »

Glass houses perhaps but just to savour the point of this thread:

20 Gillingham 17 -6 18
21 Oxford Utd 17 -4 17
22 Northampton 17 -9 17
23 Barnet 17 -13 16
24 Hereford 17 -12 15

Oh pretty please with sugar on top, God, make it happen...

Sorry to disappoint any Pikeys but we were really willing their first away win of the season...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 22:51:01 »

Must have been an interesting day Saturday in Scumland with all 3 sides of the ground singing We Hate Swindon. Still at least there was plenty of room behind the goal for the caravans.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 10:06:19 »

Not a bad thing if they go down cos they will have the Conference won by Xmas next year - won't they???
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 08:14:30 »

Well Done Gary. Who gives a fuck about them. We need to concentrate on our own season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 00:32:19 »

we beat the league leaders away last night anyway, i wouldn't get too excited yet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: