Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Colchester Matchday Thread  (Read 28879 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 12:07:42 »

Can't believe how poor our defence was yesterday. The full backs were all over the place and consistently out of position, whilst the centre backs played like a couple of girls getting pushed around and hardly winning a header all game. All four of them need to get their shit together and step up, or we're going to keep conceding and losing.

Thought the midfield looked good, more balanced and organised but they could have all done better with the exception of Prutton who was our motm by some distance for me. His runs from midfield were causing problems all afternoon and he seems to be playing better and better with every game.

Austin was a bit quiet for me. Obviously he did his job (a goal and an assist) but he didn't put in the all round performance he normally does. Good to see Dossevi scoring, looks like there is something good there if we can get it out of him - not convinced playing him up front as part of a two man attack is his best position.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 12:08:20 »

I agree....I was expecting it to be obvious after all the comments on here, but he definitely looked onside to me.

a country mile off! BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

or something.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 12:09:18 »

thought rose was good, other three a bit ropey but hey, we won.

Prutton and douglas both mustard. thought we had good shape and looked really committed. actually really enjoyed it. who knew!

Can't believe how poor our defence was yesterday. The full backs were all over the place and consistently out of position, whilst the centre backs played like a couple of girls getting pushed around and hardly winning a header all game. All four of them need to get their shit together and step up, or we're going to keep conceding and losing.

Thought the midfield looked good, more balanced and organised but they could have all done better with the exception of Prutton who was our motm by some distance for me. His runs from midfield were causing problems all afternoon and he seems to be playing better and better with every game.

Austin was a bit quiet for me. Obviously he did his job (a goal and an assist) but he didn't put in the all round performance he normally does. Good to see Dossevi scoring, looks like there is something good there if we can get it out of him - not convinced playing him up front as part of a two man attack is his best position.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 12:17:58 »

Prutton and douglas both mustard. thought we had good shape and looked really committed.

Douglas had a good game but he's capable of playing a lot better and didn't dominate the midfield like he can. Same for Timlin who seemed to be making a lot of simple mistakes especially with simple passes and controlling the ball. Ritchie has shown he can play a lot better than that as well, though he didn't do much wrong either.

The big thing though was the shape of the midfield looked right, balanced and it worked. Hopefully we can avoid injuries and suspensions and keep the same four playing together and they'll get better and better.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 12:52:50 »

Why is it though that if we lose it's because we're shit, yet when we win it's because the opposition's shit?

Team played well yesterday.

Yep, we absolutely dominated them until the last 15 minutes when we did our usual sit back on a one goal lead thing.
Barry Scott

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 13:24:03 »

I noticed a few saying Austin was a bit quiet yesterday. (Highlighted again by jonny.)

I'm not sure exactly what that means because as usual he was fucking everywhere. I loved his performance yesterday. He scored one and set up one. He was back defending at the end and put in a great tackle in the final few minutes. He also won fucking shit loads in the air and laid off the ball superbly on countless occasions. There's very few in the team that work as hard as Austin and he does it all game every game.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 13:38:34 »

Just saw the highlights on the Football League Show. Why was everyone so convinced their guy on the wing was offside? Definitely looked on to me.

He was well offside. The useless lino on the Arkells was never in line, and was around 10 yards behind the play.

Sounds like the lino on the DRS was just as bad.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 15:01:36 »

I'm not sure exactly what that means because as usual he was fucking everywhere. I loved his performance yesterday.

He's normally involved a lot more upfront, yesterday he wasn't winning many headers and didn't see as much of the ball.

It's not that he had a bad game, just that he usually has an exceptional one and he didn't yesterday.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 15:08:39 »

He's normally involved a lot more upfront, yesterday he wasn't winning many headers and didn't see as much of the ball.

It's not that he had a bad game, just that he usually has an exceptional one and he didn't yesterday.

He won shit loads of headers. Most notably one where he headed it on for himself from the touchline. Genius.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 15:18:27 »

But our game plan seemed to be to play to Dossevi's feet, which I thought worked extremely well, rather than the normal hoof it up and play for the scraps.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 15:32:34 »

Austin was up against a beast of centre back - I'd say he won enough headers. Probably about 60-40 in the centre backs favour though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 15:34:15 »

He won shit loads of headers. Most notably one where he headed it on for himself from the touchline. Genius.

That was absolutely brilliant, to control such a difficult ball like that, giving himself a run on goal.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:00:18 »

For me Cuthbert isn't a rightback. Got 'sucked' over way too much for my liking.
Agree with this, him getting sucked over was extremely evident towards the end of the second half. He's solid defensively but doesn't offer us anything going forward, much like Stephen Darby last season.

I don't think we have much choice other than to keep playing him there, as Amankwaah has been off form this season and I don't think Thompson is ready yet.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:01:54 »

Great performance, creaky defence at times.

We need this song for Dossevi:

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:07:08 »

We used to do that chant for Sofiene Zaaboub
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: