Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth Matchday Thread.  (Read 39971 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 09:56:41 »

Annoyingly in the opening voice over ITV actually showed one of our shots that they didn't feature in the highlights. Top draw coverage.

News Corp is already larger than the Beeb and if current growth rates (and BBC cuts continue) News Corp will be twice the size of the BBC by 2014.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 10:42:40 »

Timlin was brilliant yesterday, almost what we've been missing. And I would also like to say a really big well done to Lescinel was quality.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 10:52:55 »

Timlin was brilliant yesterday, almost what we've been missing. And I would also like to say a really big well done to Lescinel was quality.

Good to hear...i like Lescinal.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:02:23 »

I tweeted the Adver chap last night and he said that Timlin was okay but mainly added balance. He was More positive on LJF and the team as a whole.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:19:08 »

How did JPM play yesterday, anything like back to form?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:31:16 »

I tweeted the Adver chap last night and he said that Timlin was okay but mainly added balance. He was More positive on LJF and the team as a whole.

Then the adver chap is a penis, or maybe he's not been watching us for very long. Compared to the Timlin of last season he was brilliant, chased down loads of hopeless causes and won them.

In fact the whole team seemed to work much harder than they have done this season and the rewards were obvious. Think we must have won 99.9% of 50/50 balls and some of the passing was fantastic.

Big mentions must go to Smiffy - he didn't have much to do, but when he did nothing got past. His distribution was also good.

LJF - What can I say? Absolutely brilliant performance.

Big Vinny - Was very difficult to play against yesterday and improved as the game went on.

Charlie - Usual performance, 100% player.

Sir David Prutton - Immense. The man is a footballing God. We. Are. Not. Worthy.

Morrison - Best performance I've seen from him.

Tbh I could go through the whole team, as they were all good. Well, when I say all......Alan O'brien - scared them shitless when he came on with his pace. Unfortunately his crossing was dire, beat players, got into great positions, then fucked it up.

But hey, that's a minor grumble. I just hope we can carry this form through to Tuesday then into the league. If we can, we're gonna see some great performances!

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:32:34 »

How did JPM play yesterday, anything like back to form?

Much better than recently. Further proof that he definitely isn't a centre midfielder.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:34:15 »

Cheers. He's a key player for me. Was wondering/expecting a switch out wide would sort him out. A bit more confidence then he should be flying.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:35:49 »

JP sounded pretty chuffed to have gotten an assist on the radio after the game. Also agreed that the switch of formation helped... Let's stick with what we know Danny!
Glad to have Lecs back too, he's quality.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:44:44 »

Will be interesting to see what Wilson does about LJF. He's hardly put a foot wrong this season yet Wilson obviously rates Cuthbert and Morrison (and probably Frampton) over him at CB. So what happens when he has got 3 CB's to pick from?

I'm a bit biased as I've always rated him, but I really do think LJF should be given a decent run at CB. Even if that means dropping Cuthbert (and Frampton), as I'd give LJF and Morrison a go - just got a feeling they could really click long term.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 11:49:20 »

Shocked though that BBC report claims crowd was 2,600 - would never had said it was that many??

Actual attendance at Marine was 1159. Pretty good and easily their best ever attendance for a competitive match.

Apparently ITV will have their cameras at Marine today to capture their reaction to the draw.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 12:17:15 »

You love LJF nearly a much as Steve Jobs.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 12:17:21 »

Will be interesting to see what Wilson does about LJF. He's hardly put a foot wrong this season yet Wilson obviously rates Cuthbert and Morrison (and probably Frampton) over him at CB. So what happens when he has got 3 CB's to pick from?

I'm a bit biased as I've always rated him, but I really do think LJF should be given a decent run at CB. Even if that means dropping Cuthbert (and Frampton), as I'd give LJF and Morrison a go - just got a feeling they could really click long term.

Frampton's gone and won't be back. LJF was played as a CB yesterday, with Cuthbert moved out wide, so Danny's already made the change you don't think he'll make?

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 12:34:00 »

Frampton's gone and won't be back. LJF was played as a CB yesterday, with Cuthbert moved out wide, so Danny's already made the change you don't think he'll make?

He was forced in to it - only Caddis and Thompson available to play at right back. What happens when Amankwaah is fit or he gets another right back in? Can't see him preferring Caddis over Amankwaah at right back.

Can't see him dropping Morrison either as he can't stop scoring goals. Having said that I just had a really crazy thought, how about playing Morrison up front along side Austin?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 12:39:48 »

Having said that I just had a really crazy thought, how about playing Morrison up front along side Austin?

You are Andy King and I claim my £5.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: