Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashes 2010  (Read 81061 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 10:51:21 »

That's it now with Bresnan gone. We can't even cash in on the Aussie bowlers dropping like flies.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 10:59:27 »

As soon as the world cup squad gets picked, half of those picked decide not to show up.
How embarrassing that was.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 11:54:58 »

Can someone talk me through how Ally Cook is adjudged not to be aggressive enough for this form of the game and yet Jonathan Trott is in the side? Seems a strange one to send Cook home, and I'm still not sure I like this "open with the Wicketkeeper" idea: I know it worked for Gilchrist, but he was one the best of all time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 17:11:42 »

Can someone talk me through how Ally Cook is adjudged not to be aggressive enough for this form of the game and yet Jonathan Trott is in the side? Seems a strange one to send Cook home, and I'm still not sure I like this "open with the Wicketkeeper" idea: I know it worked for Gilchrist, but he was one the best of all time.

Trott when he was first picked by England was considered a 20/20 man....we've got the 50 over stuff in a mess for a while now....of course it will now be said we don't have 50 over domestic cricket.

Think it was always going to be hard for the players to get up for this after The Ashes..
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 17:18:13 »

Plus Aus are much better at 2 innings cricket than they are at the 3 innings variety they played for most of the English winter.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 17:41:04 »

Aren't the Aussies ranked 1 in 50 over cricket? So in some ways it's not be that surprising they are playing well here. I still don't think we can get our 50 over side right. As Nemo said people like Ally Cook should maybe get a look in. It isn't T20 which we do have right and maybe we should look at players who can do a bit more than just slog. I remember back in the day the Aussies used to field the same team for both tests and ODIs. Why not?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 19:53:02 »

Plus Aus are much better at 2 innings cricket than they are at the 3 innings variety they played for most of the English winter.

Ha ha ha ha - I like it!!

Spencer_White

« Reply #697 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 21:04:15 »

Englands attitude to 50 over cricket reminds me of Swindons attitude to cup competitions.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 21:08:55 »

At the rate the players are going down injured, some of the Barmy Army might get a game.

It's ridiculous that the players get 3 days back in the UK before flying off to India to start the 7 week World Cup, which will probably be as tedious as the last one.

The T20 World Cup is more entertaining as it's all over inside three weeks.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 21:09:52 »

It probably doesn't help that nearly all our bowlers are injured now. Trott looking very decent though, still a little concerned about the pace of his batting on the sub continent but his actual stats are looking very impressive at the moment.
DMR

« Reply #700 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 17:44:24 »

Trott's been quality, just need KP/Bell/Morgan to stop batting like fucking girls and get some around him.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:46:58 »

Morgan could be out of the World Cup...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/9388533.stm

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:43:39 »

Playing pretty shit again this morning (quelle surprise).

At least the Sussex boys are giving it a good go. Oh wait, as I type that Prior's just gone.

Fucksticks.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 21:56:28 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Bailey

Sad news....died at home in a fire.
Always thought for an older pundit he was good on TMS....great career as well.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 22:13:36 »

Englands attitude to 50 over cricket reminds me of Swindons attitude to cup competitions.

And the league by the looks of it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: