Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2011  (Read 32963 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:04:33 »

I loaded the 2 shortlists up in my Swindon game and only 3 in the Youngsters and none in the Recommendations are available under "realistic targets"!

Butland, Eyjolfsson and Guillherme.

Butland I have signed and he hits his peak at about 20 then stays there with my training which is about the same level that David Lucas is at for the start of the game.

There are a few crackers in there though -

Crisetig (Man Utd) is awesome after about 3 years.
Babacar (Fiorentina) great finisher.
Labyad (Man Utd) Solid midfielder.
McEachran (Chelsea) fantastic passer in midfield.
De Gea (Athletico Madrid) quality keeper.
Aurier (Lens) get him young while hes cheap hes a stunningly good fullback.

I will add a couple that I found with my extended scouting in my Man City game........

Davit Kakulia - Sfintul (Georgia) young cheap and great potential midfielder.
Darnel Situ - Arsenal - good premiership CB..
Haris Vuckic - Newcastle - turns into a real star in 3 years.
Wendel - Athletico Mineiro good all rounder.
Raufic Guarch - Estudientes (Mexico) one of the best all round strikers.
Sani Emmanuel - My People (Nigeria) see above.

A few of these struggle with work permits early on in the game but all turn into great players inside 4 years with good coaching.

A couple of them are available for next to nothing in fees and wages.

I use a huge datbase with all players loaded from every league so some of these players will not be available on smaller databases.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:15:07 »

I loaded the 2 shortlists up in my Swindon game and only 3 in the Youngsters and none in the Recommendations are available under "realistic targets"!

Butland I have signed and he hits his peak at about 20 then stays there with my training which is about the same level that David Lucas is at for the start of the game.

There are a few crackers in there though -

Crisetig (Man Utd) is awesome after about 3 years.
Babacar (Fiorentina) great finisher.
Labyad (Man Utd) Solid midfielder.
McEachran (Chelsea) fantastic passer in midfield.
De Gea (Athletico Madrid) quality keeper.
Aurier (Lens) get him young while hes cheap hes a stunningly good fullback.

I will add a couple that I found with my extended scouting in my Man City game........

Davit Kakulia - Sfintul (Georgia) young cheap and great potential midfielder.
Darnel Situ - Arsenal - good premiership CB..
Haris Vuckic - Newcastle - turns into a real star in 3 years.
Wendel - Athletico Mineiro good all rounder.
Raufic Guarch - Estudientes (Mexico) one of the best all round strikers.
Sani Emmanuel - My People (Nigeria) see above.

A few of these struggle with work permits early on in the game but all turn into great players inside 4 years with good coaching.

A couple of them are available for next to nothing in fees and wages.

I use a huge datbase with all players loaded from every league so some of these players will not be available on smaller databases.

Haha, Yeah, These are mainly for Top Level teams.

One of my best ones in that list is Babacar...When he hits 25/26 he becomes one of the tops strikers in the game.
Another good player to get early on is Kadlec, He will only cost you 1.5mil and becomes a very good player

I will check out the players you have suggested too.

Cheers
Peter Venkman

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:15:11 »

Oh and one more Wonderkid to add to your list (I dont think he was on there) Danny Wilson (no not him!) the Liverpool Centre Back, utterly brilliant inside 2 years but very tempramental and moody and keeps asking for a transfer to move to a bigger club even though I am top of the Premier League with Man City!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:18:47 »

Oh and one more Wonderkid to add to your list (I dont think he was on there) Danny Wilson (no not him!) the Liverpool Centre Back, utterly brilliant inside 2 years but very tempramental and moody and keeps asking for a transfer to move to a bigger club even though I am top of the Premier League with Man City!

Is he not in it? I must have missed him out because you are right, he turns into a hell of a CB.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:34:10 »

Is he not in it? I must have missed him out because you are right, he turns into a hell of a CB.

Sorry Chubbs my mistake I missed him 1st time, yes he is in there, and he does turn into a beast at Centre Back.

:blind as a bat:

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:08:24 »

why is fitton such a cunt? i get promoted in my first season and sell a few players of which he gives me 25% to reinvest into the team.

then when it comes to the championship expectations he gives me less money than i had to fucking try and survive with

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:09:52 »

I downloaded the demo the other day, not gonna buy the full version till after exams. First impressions are that it's much more full on than my previous version (08), and i'm not sure if that's going to turn out to be a good thing

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:18:35 »

I loaded up fm08 the other day. Started a game with Exeter. Won or drew my first few matches before getting beat at home by Torquay. I'd been bigging up the game in the press and was actually angry with my virtual squad and fucking well told them so, both with the in game options and by shouting at my laptop. It was at this point that I decided that I could probably find more emotionally productive entertainment and quit.

Resisted temptation to get hold of fm11 so far.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:25:58 »

why is fitton such a cunt? i get promoted in my first season and sell a few players of which he gives me 25% to reinvest into the team.

then when it comes to the championship expectations he gives me less money than i had to fucking try and survive with
This is very true, once you get into the prem, he gets quite generous with transfer funds but is still stingy with wage budget so i found myself having to fend off free transfer rejects and the only was i could afford players is to adjust the transfer fund right down to bare minimum.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:32:28 »

This is very true, once you get into the prem, he gets quite generous with transfer funds but is still stingy with wage budget so i found myself having to fend off free transfer rejects and the only was i could afford players is to adjust the transfer fund right down to bare minimum.

Ditto.

santasdead

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:38:26 »

Eyjolfsson is ace.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:53:54 »

whats the furthers anyones gone in a game? i have a game which is in 2028, but havent played it for a while. Some of the regens are mint
Peter Venkman

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 14:03:31 »

in FM2011 I am 11 seasons in so its 2022, I am managing England and almost all my team is a regen team and some of them are stunningly good, good English goalkeeping regens in my game are like rocking horse shit.

Barry Scott

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 14:08:37 »

I'm up to 2026 in Fm '06... I do play it very slowly though. As in sometimes hours and hours playing no games and just manually scouting, say, every player under 17 in Spain, or Argentina or somewhere. I think the game says I've been playing for over 45 days. I don't know how that stands up against someone playing it at normal speeds. Would be nice to find out if jj or chubbs could tell me what it says please on their longer games. Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 14:18:49 »

I'm up to 2026 in Fm '06... I do play it very slowly though. As in sometimes hours and hours playing no games and just manually scouting, say, every player under 17 in Spain, or Argentina or somewhere. I think the game says I've been playing for over 45 days. I don't know how that stands up against someone playing it at normal speeds. Would be nice to find out if jj or chubbs could tell me what it says please on their longer games. Smiley

You mean addictiveness rating?

Because I have managed England for the last 5 seasons at the expense of managing a club team (just to get through the years quicker) mine still says "turning your underwear inside out saves on washing" and I am 6 days 12 hours into the game.

Hey Sports Interactive I want my week back!

Oh fuck it, I would have only wasted it anyway!

I normally play 1 day on one save then one day on the next save game etc etc I have 4 ongoing games in various seasons, nope I don't have a life.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: