Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: O'Brien  (Read 15222 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:22:42 »

I hate O'Brien. Instead of him I want a little tricky winger with loads of fancy feet moves, like stepovers and stuff. Someone who waits until the whole defence is in position before crossing a ball. Yep, that's what we need.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:22:49 »

He had a lovely face.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:23:24 »

I must watch a different player reeves he doesn't take on players enough for me and leaves rose no option to hit it long. What gets on my tits is how with him its ah he has been injured only started 9 games etc well pericard has only started 2 and had the same injuries yet gets dog abuse of the same people willing to give obrien a chance. I don't rate him hope he proves me wrong but seen nothing that suggests he will.
trogladite

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:25:22 »

O'Brien is one of our main problems at the moment me thinks.

Positives: Can run fast

Negatives:
Work rate = very poor
Positional play = very poor
Crossing = very poor
Heading ability = can't comment, haven't seen him head the ball
Defensive contribution = very poor
Midfield contribution = very poor

Comparison to player that used to occupy his position = possibly 20% as good as Danny Ward.

Consequence = O'Brien is not the total reason we are S**t at the moment but one of them.

You write a lot of bollocks.  With utter shit like this you'll be a rageing success here
jb

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:27:25 »

I hate O'Brien. Instead of him I want a little tricky winger with loads of fancy feet moves, like stepovers and stuff. Someone who waits until the whole defence is in position before crossing a ball. Yep, that's what we need.

Sounds like a small black bloke we let go to Narwich..
jb

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:28:02 »

oh but you missed cunt off the list...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:33:34 »

I must watch a different player reeves he doesn't take on players enough for me and leaves rose no option to hit it long. What gets on my tits is how with him its ah he has been injured only started 9 games etc well pericard has only started 2 and had the same injuries yet gets dog abuse of the same people willing to give obrien a chance. I don't rate him hope he proves me wrong but seen nothing that suggests he will.

Pericard has had alot more game time that O'Brien.

Pericard hasnt had the same injuries. Pericard has not been out for months at a time.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:35:00 »

Seriously, I wish we were in a good enough position to even be able to consider calling the left winger the biggest problem.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:41:29 »

Both had hamstring injuries may not be exactly the same but pericard played with injuries last season. Don't get me wrong i aint saying it's obriens fault just in my opinion he isn't good enough.Showing glimpses for 10 mins or so a game won't convince me otherwise it's time he showed us why wilson spent some cash on him. not just him though alot of players who we know can perform are not and they need to fucking sort it out.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:48:31 »

I don't think O'Brien has a footballing brain and that's his downfall really. I still think he'll be a useful player for us over the course of the season but we need to bring someone else in anyway because he has a high risk of injury.
glos_robin

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:53:00 »

I think someone basically needs to tell him that as soon as we are  in possession of the ball to start bombing it down the touchline, with his pace no one will catch him and if they sit a man on him out there it leaves more space in the middle.
To me he seems a reactive player and waits for the ball to get to himbefore he runs, if he just keeps bombing down the line in the anticipation that he might get the ball then he is gonna be so much more effective. OK more often than not he won't get the ball but when he does he's going to be in great position
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:54:09 »

The trouble is there will be nobody to cross to!
glos_robin

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:57:13 »

The trouble is there will be nobody to cross to!

If he has enough space then he can be direct and go straight for the box and worst case he's going to make space for other players. Basically all I'm saying is he needs to be more proactive and make runs that will get him into space.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:19:15 »

I do think he needs to develop an understanding with Rose, and that will take time - currently, he is not always offering the best option (coming short when he should be hugging the touchline, standing waiting for the ball as Rose advances) HOWEVER I have been very encouraged by his performances since he came into the team against Orient - fullbacks shit themselves at his pace, and his much maligned delivery seems to be getting better. Don't think I've seen him run it out of play yet either (ot let it roll under his foot). I think there's more to come from Alan. (ALAN O'BRIEN, relax!).

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:03:13 »

i thought he was very good saturday and when he was subbed we lost all our attacking threat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: