Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Pakistan 2nd Test  (Read 8691 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 14:09:08 »

Cook given out...Cook reviews decision...Cook not out

24-0

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 17:07:10 »

Is anyone else starting to think we may have a chance down under this winter? The Aussies struggled to beat this Pakistan team over 2 tests and didn't win the series. We seem to be wiping the floor with them.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 17:59:22 »

didn't the australia v pakistan tour happen over here though? it's not as if either side had any "home turf" or knowledge of the wickets so i wouldn't have read too much into the previous results

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 18:04:07 »

Blimey Pakistan are embaressing themselves, talented team but don't look hugely bothered, bit like Windies last year. Their recent form is shocking, as bad as Bangladesh (Both 2 wins from 20 games)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 18:20:47 »

Is anyone else starting to think we may have a chance down under this winter? The Aussies struggled to beat this Pakistan team over 2 tests and didn't win the series. We seem to be wiping the floor with them.

Very tough. Only 4 other England captains have defended the Ashes. One of those Mike Brearley, when Australia had lost players to Packer.

I remember when Gatting's side did it in 86/87...the Aussies around that time weren't very good.

The key seems to be make a decent start at Brisbane. That series Border put us in Botham scored a century, a few others chipped in with 40/50 odd and we made them follow on.

Since then we've got nowhere near....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 18:24:58 »

Very tough. Only 4 other England captains have defended the Ashes. One of those Mike Brearley, when Australia had lost players to Packer.

I remember when Gatting's side did it in 86/87...the Aussies around that time weren't very good.

The key seems to be make a decent start at Brisbane. That series Border put us in Botham scored a century, a few others chipped in with 40/50 odd and we made them follow on.

Since then we've got nowhere near....

Our luck has to change there sometime. For the best part of those years we've had poor sides and The Aussies have been world beaters. They look far from their former tag these days. We seem to be playing well in all forms of the game and our bowling attack looks to be very good. Batting is solid as well. 06/07 was always going to be a disaster. You could see it coming a mile off. We're a lot better equiped this time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 19:12:58 »

Our luck has to change there sometime. For the best part of those years we've had poor sides and The Aussies have been world beaters. They look far from their former tag these days. We seem to be playing well in all forms of the game and our bowling attack looks to be very good. Batting is solid as well. 06/07 was always going to be a disaster. You could see it coming a mile off. We're a lot better equiped this time.

I'd agree we've probably got the best chance for years.....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 19:14:01 »

That was the series, where England were absolutely shite in the warm up matches. The Aussie press were saying that 'There are only three things wrong with the England team - they can't bat, they can't bowl and the can't field'. Botham then smacked the Aussie attack around Brisbane, and the rest as they say is history...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 20:58:37 »

A site that always has the games on is crictime.com
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 6, 2010, 22:20:42 »

Strange as it may seem but after that today it seems there are still Pakistani's about who are praying for rain.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 09:06:08 »

Strange as it may seem but after that today it seems there are still Pakistani's about who are praying for rain.

I will get my coat.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 10:50:40 »

I'm not sure they actually want to get Pietersen out, this is getting a bit silly now.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:56:45 »

The test match is still Englands to lose.  Anyone going tomorrow?  The tickets are BOGOF.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 11:06:49 »

awww, I really should have gone today...

Swann is looking as though he'll skittle them out
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 11:13:13 »

His first wicket this morning was a bloody good ball, wish I had bothered to get up this morning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: