Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carphone Warehouse  (Read 902 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 15:18:40 »

So, I'm due an upgrade as of Saturday and was going to nip into town and get my new phone, the question is, are the sales people in CPW on a commission.

I'm trying to gauge how likely I am to be able to get some freebies out of them using the old trick of cancelling my contract, but as they do not directly work for a single Network, I don't know how bothered they would be keep me on as a customer.

If anyone has any other tips on getting some freebies out of them then post away
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 15:38:44 »

Use subtle threats against their families.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 15:52:30 »

So, I'm due an upgrade as of Saturday and was going to nip into town and get my new phone, the question is, are the sales people in CPW on a commission.

I'm trying to gauge how likely I am to be able to get some freebies out of them using the old trick of cancelling my contract, but as they do not directly work for a single Network, I don't know how bothered they would be keep me on as a customer.

If anyone has any other tips on getting some freebies out of them then post away

I worked for CPW for 3 years, I was on commision and certainly we were pushed to try and get people to take a new contract rather than just renewing as there was more commison for the company and for ourselves.
But I spoke to someone who is still there and they told me they are now paid on customer service scores (mystery shopper etc), so I guess they don't have to be as worried if you renew or not now as long as they have given you the full customer service experience.

As you say CPW are independant and deal with mostly all the networks, so if you say to them you will cancel your contract and go elsewhere it is not really that big a deal to them as they will just push you to another network which they deal with.

You would be better off speaking to your network direct if you want to try the "I'm going to cancel my contract" trick
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 15:56:30 »

they are now paid on customer service scores (mystery shopper etc),

Loads seem to be doing this. What a load of shit. Salesman should be incentivised to sell and say what you like about recognition, promotions etc - cash is king.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: