Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premiershit  (Read 4070 times)
trogladite

« on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:20:26 »

clubs play to many games.  Well, that's the excuse being wheeled out for englands capitulation.  poor dears are to tired to play during the summer months.
I'll lay my cards on the table and tell you I have no interest in the premiershit or england, although I'm English as far back as written records go for the peasantry.
Why not drop the premiershit for all domestic cup competition.  As long as ALL English players don't play in the myriad of world friendlies that would magically appear to fill the fixture gap?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:30:10 »

It's not just you trogaldite, but using the term 'premiershit' is getting nearly as annoying/childish as 'Aljokefree'.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:32:45 »

playing 4 more league games per season than Sapin/ Germany Italy etc isnt the route of Englands footballing issues.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:41:37 »

the lack of fitness of some of those players yesterday was blatantly obvious.
rooney and barry in particular were miles off the pace.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:42:22 »

What Colin said.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:58:04 »

It's not just you trogaldite, but using the term 'premiershit' is getting nearly as annoying/childish as 'Aljokefree'.

Phew, I'm not alone in thinking that then.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 13:59:48 »

Philip Lahm played 61 games this season for Bayern Munich, more than any of the England players.

He didn't look particularly knackered I have to say.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:02:22 »

i'm sure we had players carrying knocks.barry hadn't prepared properly and that showed yesterday.rooney hasn't been fit for ages(including the pre tournament friendlies)add that to lazy cunts like lampard and donkeys like heskey and there you have it.a squad not bang at it, so it's bnever going to deliver the goods
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:11:58 »

As a probably slightly controversial thought, how many whinging England fans complaining about the Premiership and its impact on the England team etc, sign up and pay for Sky Sports?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:16:20 »

The number of games in not the issue.

They play 4 less league games than the guys in '66, they don't have unlimitless replays in the FA Cup, they don't really play in the League Cup (unless they get through to the semi's and final). The only competitions where the number of fixtures have increased is the Chumpions League/UEFA Europa League Cup, and also playing more WC/European qualifiers, due to the breakup of Russia/Yugoslavia over the years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:16:31 »

As a probably slightly controversial thought, how many whinging England fans complaining about the Premiership and its impact on the England team etc, sign up and pay for Sky Sports?

Most of them i suspect. Armchair fans are the most knowledgeable fans, due to all the accurate information fed to them via commentary and punditry, and that's a fact. Much like Sky inventing the whole "day light" nonsense in the offside rule. It never existed yet they talked about it so much everyone believed it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:19:17 »

I don't see the number of games that big clubs play being a problem, but I do think those big clubs take a far too short term view of a players fitness. They don't rest players enough and they will often play a player who isn't 100% fit due to it being an important game and them viewing it as being worth taking the risk.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 14:37:01 »

While it's obvious that being forced to train for as much as 2 hours a day sometimes as much as four days a week is clearly going to be exhausting for the little dears, I think we can all raise a relieved hurrah that it's not stopped Rooney and Gerrard signing up for the A:3k gladiator "tournament" in July and so trousering a much needed £1/2m each. One would hate to think of the poor exhausted dears having to go short, after all
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 15:39:05 »

Greedy gitsare more interested in how much they get paid by their club and all their sponsorship deals than playing iwth pride for their country as they will only get a paltry bonus.

There's a lot of younger players that would consider in an honour to play for their country

We need to re-build the england team with younger players and make sure that players from the likes of the U-21, U18's etc are going to be the next generation and not cast aside for the likes of Terry, Lampard who would prefer picking up their £100k a week to playing in a WC final
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 16:42:15 »

Phew, I'm not alone in thinking that then.

Just put it in the automatic word changer thingymabob that 'premiershit' gets changed to 'premiership'. That'll fuck 'em off Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: