Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: where will you be watching us beat the germans  (Read 14364 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:30:23 »

Im afraid you are-he only started one game,mind you he looked good against Andorra!

Only started one game, but how many games did he affect? I'm sure i recall us looking dogshit for a while, then he played and whipped a ball onto someones head. I'm also sure of many occasions breathing a sigh of relief when SWP or Walcott was subbed off for him. Although i'm aware you hate him, so I don't expect a Dave type stato answer. Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:47:18 »

I don't think Capello has covered himself in glory but I blame him less than those useless cunts who took to the pitch and forgot how to actually control a ball - yes Rooney, you uselss cunt who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Exactly.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:49:59 »

Cappello's subs were indeed bewildering, but it's not his fault we're out. I doubt any manager could have got a performance out of that shower of shite. Complacent, fucking useless, gutless egotistical pricks, the lot of them. Again, I fervently hope every man jack of is booed every time they take to the pitch, touch the ball or generally show their self-satisfied smug fucking faces from hereon in.

I'd like to see it go one step further and the first game of the Premiership season get boycotted completely - maybe then those overpaid useless twats would realise how pissed off everyone was.  Would never happen though, because the premiership fans will continue to make excuses for the fact that their 'heroes' are incapable of playing in the national shirt!  They'll probably give them a standing ovation for fear of them going to play abroad if they get booed!

Really glad I went to see my lad play in the Lydiard 6s tournament this morning - at least I got to see a bunch of 7-8 year olds put in a shift and play like it mattered to them. He was shocked how poor we were today and said to me after the 3rd "Dad if I'd defended that badly this morning, you'd have really shouted at me". And he's bloody right. So much for John fucking Terry and his passion for England and all that "Captain of People's Hearts" armband snatching shite.

My 6 year old now understands what it is to be a Swindonian football fan.  Pain at Wembley, pain today.  If only I could promise him it will get better, he's got years of this to come yet!
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:52:21 by joteddyred » Logged
broomfield

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:55:40 »

The trouble is the Premiership.  It's been sold as the best in the world. PR teams have been employed to promote it as such and we've all fallen for it.

Overseas players have come saying that they want to play in 'the best league in the world'. In order to attract them stupid wages have been paid.

English players have fallen for the lie that it's the best league. Trouble is, it's populated by overseas players who make it good, it's not the English players. 

When the English players play their overseas team mates we all get to see how crap they really are.
Doore

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:57:09 »

The trouble is the Premiership.  It's been sold as the best in the world. PR teams have been employed to promote it as such and we've all fallen for it.

Overseas players have come saying that they want to play in 'the best league in the world'. In order to attract them stupid wages have been paid.

English players have fallen for the lie that it's the best league. Trouble is, it's populated by overseas players who make it good, it's not the English players. 

When the English players play their overseas team mates we all get to see how crap they really are.

That's pretty fucking perfectly put.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 21:57:47 »

I don't claim to be a football expert but the following seemed a bit odd to me:

- Taking off Milner. I thought when he stuck to the touchline he offered an outlet. The two times in the 2nd half that I thought we looked most dangerous was when the ball was played to him.
- We lacked pace. Wouldn't it have been better to take Walcott, stick him on a wing and say - 'Chase that fucker Theo!'
- Why were all the players bunching up in the middle of the park? Were the crowd tormenting them of something?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 22:03:55 »

Only started one game, but how many games did he affect? I'm sure i recall us looking dogshit for a while, then he played and whipped a ball onto someones head. I'm also sure of many occasions breathing a sigh of relief when SWP or Walcott was subbed off for him. Although i'm aware you hate him, so I don't expect a Dave type stato answer. Smiley

I think that was against Andorra Wink

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Barry Scott

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 22:10:42 »

I think that was against Andorra Wink

There you have it then. Cheesy
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 23:56:27 »

Ill stick to old swindon town. International football is overhyped, but dont get me rong, i was down the pub screaming at the linesman at about 3:30 on sunday.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
china red

« Reply #144 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 02:56:03 »

What a complete and utter pile of wank!

How long before the referee gets death threats
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 03:30:54 »

Pretty much the worst footballing display i've ever seen that.

Where to go?  For my money a massive cull - Joe Hart, Dawson, fuck knows maybe Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, that lad from Ipswich maybe, fucking Charlie Austin...

As Reg said ideally we should do as Germany have done and back the new generation but I'm not convinced we have enough depth in that department.

Harry Rednapp- no, Frank Lampard's uncle, would not be prepared to make sweeping changes we need to make.

Roy Hodgeson - brilliant manager, would probably make the right footballing decisions but somehow I just don't see it.

Stuart Pearce - unfortunately his tutaledge under Capello has taken a massive turn for the worst.

Basically we're fucked good and proper, don't want another foreigner in as coach but we have no one English really up to the job.

God I hate John Terry...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 06:23:40 »

Harry Rednapp- no, Frank Lampard's uncle, would not be prepared to make sweeping changes we need to make.

Roy Hodgeson - brilliant manager, would probably make the right footballing decisions but somehow I just don't see it.

I take your point about Harry, I hadn't really considered that side of it and I think you're right. Why not Hodgson though?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 07:34:50 »

Has Hodgson got the right character for the job? Would the players respect him?

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 08:02:22 »

I'd like to see it go one step further and the first game of the Premiership season get boycotted completely
I can confirm I will definitely be boycotting not only the first game but the whole Premiership season Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 08:03:15 »

Has Hodgson got the right character for the job? Would the players respect him?
If the latter's a criteria, then no-one's suitable for the job - the current crop of players don't respect anyone. Even themselves, apparently
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: