Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Micheal Timlin  (Read 2853 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:06:13 »

Was just reading his comments on the BBC about how he had options to leave but is happy here, and I know I'm in the minority but I personally am glad he chose to stay.

He's still young, and I think there's a decent player in there somewhere, he may just need a chance and a little bit of a run in the side. If Ferry were to come in, I wouldn't mind having him and O'B as our options wide left. One an out and out pace merchant, the other slightly more defensive but very good on the ball.

He's a top bloke as well.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:08:02 »

Great spelling by the way!! Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:13:41 »

I don't rate Timlin much TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:16:41 »

I've nothing against Timlin, but I can't see how he is going to break into the first team.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:28:00 »

Ok cover and does fine when he comes on... Is quite frustrating but I think he's still quite useful, him and Easty were very vocal in the Wilts Shield final, would've preferred Easty to stay though, personally.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 10:59:51 »

Great spelling by the way!! Wink

Whoops
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 11:55:39 »

I'm surprised we didnt try him at left back again last season.

He's going to have to do a 'JPM' to get into our team I would have thought.

Last season 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go and bringing on Timlin just confirmed that the game was going to finish 1-1.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 13:02:40 »

Agree with others that I do think there is a decent player in there somewhere, but he's not shown it for a while.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 13:41:37 »

an able enough squad player
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 14:22:24 »

didn't realise he it only 25 when reading that interview.

Out of him and Easton i'm glad Timlin has stayed. he's stated himself he's not delivered so wants to do that at STFC and prove he is a good player. which we must applaud.

i did think at the start of the season before Ferry arrived he was playing well in the centre with Douglas, especially home v southampton. If he can continue that form throughout the season in whichever position he gets chance to play in he could find himself playing a lot more games this year.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 17:19:49 »

Timlin's not as bad as people make out. There always has to be a player who the fans don't particularly like. At the moment it's Timlin. Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 17:22:58 »

Timlin was alright when he was on loan. Looked quite decent. Like most players though his career was ruined by Malpas and he's never really recovered from it. I have to say he was pretty gash on a number of occasions last season but we have seen better from him. As back up he's alright I guess.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 17:35:10 »

Timlin isn't bad. However, we've been getting a better standard. Perhaps Timlin isn't up to it but he's got another year to prove himself.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 19:59:53 »

I really want him to do well, I see him playing the same role as Easty did last season this season. Im still a little upset Easty left, he was one of my faves. Having said that, after DP's interview and after a couple of good performances I can see there might be a new candidate for my favourite player.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: