Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This could be bollocks...but  (Read 2615 times)
NZrobin

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 07:24:58 »

This could be bollocks, but watching the game in the middle of the night here in Auckland.
That was not Swindon playing...seemingly there was no passion in the players hearts. Several if not many won't be playing next year including Paynter, Ferry, Ward and Sheenan..etc etc
So what pisses me right off is that its claimed that the players didn't want to play in RED.
Swindon play in RED and should have done yesterday with a passion and the total support Swindons RED supporters.
I suggest that AF and his board made a very big mistake on this one...and before others say remember 1969. I was there in 1969 and we had players who were 100% commited to Swindon.
That was not the case yesterday. Millwall out ran and out classed Swindon and possibly should have won by more. 
 Angry 

FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:26:32 »

We lost to the better team. Millwall got it spot on in the first half and stopped us playing, unfortunately stopped us playing. Second half we came out and gave it a go and would have equalised if not for that shitting pitch ruining Charlie's chance.

If Austin was wearing Red it still would have bobbled.  Ward not passionate? He got us to the final. Ferry? Been outstanding all season and you could see at Charlton what success meant, he's more than likely wanting to come here next season. SheeHAN is the best left back we've had here in ages. Paynter wasn't fully fit, still won numerous freekicks and was a pain in the arse.

RED would have looked better, but made no difference. Please be quiet.

Come on YOU REDS!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:04:42 »

RED would have looked better, but made no difference. Please be quiet.

I agree. How dare you post your views on an internet forum Angry
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 12:36:04 »

I rest my case....
Yesterday, Swindon were out classed and out ran by a team that were on paper no better...however, they obviously had the desire and passion to win.
This is an open forum and I am entitled to my veiws and suggest that it was a very big mistake not to play in "our" traditional Red kit....very bad move.
On a similar scale to when the Town end was allocated to away supporters in previous years.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 12:45:53 »

the fact we played in white made no difference to the result whatsoever.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 12:59:48 »

SY....

Sorry to disappoint you...winning is all about passion and attitude. Yesterday we had neither.
From here in New Zealand it could have been Kintbury playing Newbury or Wantage playing Didcot.
This was Swindon's biggest day out for years and not even able to get behind its traditional coloured kit.
Sorry to say.....big mistake. Sad   

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:07:21 »

the fact we played in white made no difference to the result whatsoever.

I think it did in a way.

It was just a small contribution to the whole away day feel.

Millwall had more fans, we had to travel further, Millwall made all the noise, they had their team announced first, it was Millwall Vs Swindon on the big screen and we wore white - sounds like an away game and we played like an away team happy to sit back and try to counter attack.

Not once did we take the game to them. We might as well have been playing at the den.

We gave them home advantage
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:11:40 »

Dave...

You are totally right...on the back foot from the off.
I suggest that it was not the players that wanted the white kit...it was for a commercial reason only.

Angry

The_Plagiarist

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:14:33 »

Whilst I don't think the kit affected the players' performances, it definitely contributed to our fans lack of fucking noise. Which no one can deny has a direct impact on events on the pitch.

Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:16:33 »

Please be quiet.

Disrespectful.

Although I disagree with NZ about the passion. Just seemed like we got dominated by Millwall, at the Den and at Wembley.

Real shame because we matched them in every department at the CG, and would have won, but for Abdou cheating and getting Douglas sent off.

It was always going to be a battle, and we didnt look ready.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:25:17 »

SW..

I can except your views .....but where was the desire and passion yesterday ?.
Yes, Greer was missing and that was a big loss. However, Swindon was outplayed and outran in every position.
Passion is about putting your body on the line for the result....Ray Mchale, Frank Burrows, Jon Moncur Alan Mclouglin and possibly Shaun Taylor had passion for the club...yesterday there was none.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:38:27 »

Whatever the result and whether or not it made a difference.

CAN WE PLEASE PLAY IN RED WHEN POSSIBLE.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:38:57 »

No it wasnt great.

But Id be reluctant to criticise the players for passion when there was so little passion from the fans.

2 weeks ago at the County Ground we were absolutely fantastic. One of my favourite Swindon home games ever. So passionate on and off the pitch.

Theyve been beaten by a better team on the day.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:39:44 »

SY....

Sorry to disappoint you...winning is all about passion and attitude. Yesterday we had neither.
From here in New Zealand it could have been Kintbury playing Newbury or Wantage playing Didcot.
This was Swindon's biggest day out for years and not even able to get behind its traditional coloured kit.
Sorry to say.....big mistake. Sad   

in hindsight i agree that playing in white was a massive mistake but i don't believe it caused the players to be totally lacking in motivation for a massive game.

it did feel like an away game, we looked like a team playing away not at a neutral venue. i just think there are far more significant contributing factors to our loss than the colour of our kit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: