Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517992 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 19:11:46 »

Great Great Aunty Doris Comer's life. She died yesterday just a week shy of her 99th birthday.

I am sad she is gone. She bought me my first pair of shoes. I have memories are of going on cub camps with her (she was an ADC/DC in the cubs).  She bought me my first car. She used to drive over from Chippenham to see us in here proper mini (old person coloured).

In the end her passing was somewhat of a relief if that is the right word. She had lost her mental sharpness, had gone downhill physically and was basically a prisoner in her nursing home room.

BUT this is a happy thread for happy memories...

Up to the age of 97 she was the sharpest person I know in terms of memory and such like - still living alone in her flat. So can you imagine what she must have seen and lived through over the last 99 years?

She was born on Guernsey (I think) and of Danish decent (Pederson). She fled to England with the family to escape the Germans (I suppose before WW2). Lived in Chippenham most of her life but robbed of her husband who though survived being injured during the war died a year or so after from his injuries.

She had great storied of 'cycling to Gloucester' to see family, and to meet my grandfather who cycled over from Gloucester to Chippenham - she looked after him a lot. Stories of chucking a tent on a train for the farmer to pick up, then catch up with it for her camping holiday. She cared for her mother for a long time, the women in our family seem to live to a ripe old age.

She must have seen the replacement of horse and cart with motor car. The advent of TV as a consumer item. The rise of the age of the computer. So much.

Wish I'd asked her more...

RIP Great Great Aunt Doris.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 19:31:41 »

Great Great Aunty Doris Comer's life. She died yesterday just a week shy of her 99th birthday.

I am sad she is gone. She bought me my first pair of shoes. I have memories are of going on cub camps with her (she was an ADC/DC in the cubs).  She bought me my first car. She used to drive over from Chippenham to see us in here proper mini (old person coloured).

In the end her passing was somewhat of a relief if that is the right word. She had lost her mental sharpness, had gone downhill physically and was basically a prisoner in her nursing home room.

BUT this is a happy thread for happy memories...

Up to the age of 97 she was the sharpest person I know in terms of memory and such like - still living alone in her flat. So can you imagine what she must have seen and lived through over the last 99 years?

She was born on Guernsey (I think) and of Danish decent (Pederson). She fled to England with the family to escape the Germans (I suppose before WW2). Lived in Chippenham most of her life but robbed of her husband who though survived being injured during the war died a year or so after from his injuries.

She had great storied of 'cycling to Gloucester' to see family, and to meet my grandfather who cycled over from Gloucester to Chippenham - she looked after him a lot. Stories of chucking a tent on a train for the farmer to pick up, then catch up with it for her camping holiday. She cared for her mother for a long time, the women in our family seem to live to a ripe old age.

She must have seen the replacement of horse and cart with motor car. The advent of TV as a consumer item. The rise of the age of the computer. So much.

Wish I'd asked her more...

RIP Great Great Aunt Doris.

I love reading personal stories,and this was a great read Batch.

R.I.P Doris.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 19:34:45 »

What leefer said (without the stalker-y element). Sounds like a great lady.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1503 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 19:51:04 »

A premier league game which has lived up to the hype
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 19:54:34 »

What leefer said (without the stalker-y element). Sounds like a great lady.

Where do you live Paul Grin
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 20:57:01 »

Cheesy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 21:22:53 »

Pussy energy drinks.

http://www.pussydrinks.com/home.html

Jesus, Im nearly 40 but it still makes me titter.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 21:22:56 »

About 50 feet from your current stalker hideout.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 21:24:01 »

Pussy energy drinks.

http://www.pussydrinks.com/home.html

Jesus, Im nearly 40 but it still makes me titter.

Surely a wind up

http://www.pussydrinks.com/free_furry_cup.html
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 21:49:44 »

Its real I tell thee.  I had to buy a can just to take a photo and put it on facebook.  The band Im working with have found it hilarious and are currently pondering over a Vodka and pussy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 22:13:55 »

Its real I tell thee.  I had to buy a can just to take a photo and put it on facebook.  The band Im working with have found it hilarious and are currently pondering over a Vodka and pussy.

OK I believe. But you have to admit, it sounds like something put together by someone on The Apprentice.

The name Pussy shocks and demands attention - that's the point. Inhibition is a recipe for mediocrity[/u]. This is a premium energy drink named with confidence.

DMR

« Reply #1511 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 14:52:51 »

Being offered a graduate job starting in a few weeks as soon as my exams are done, fucking yeeeeeeeeeeeeah boy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 15:03:47 »

Well done davey boy

Doig what?
Doore

« Reply #1513 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 18:09:24 »

Being offered a hand job starting in a few minutes as soon as my exams are done, fucking yeeeeeeeeeeeeah boy

Congratulations.
Sussex

« Reply #1514 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 18:12:53 »

Being offered a graduate job starting in a few weeks as soon as my exams are done, fucking yeeeeeeeeeeeeah boy

Superb DMR!
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: