Pages: 1 ... 1919 1920 1921 [1922] 1923 1924 1925 ... 1946   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4771608 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28815 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:54:41 »

I remember one of the members of Dave Dee ….. used to go to watch the speedway at the Abbey
adje

Ignore
« Reply #28816 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:16:58 »

I remember one of the members of Dave Dee ….. used to go to watch the speedway at the Abbey
Mick became a driving instructor I believe out Codford/Langford way

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #28817 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 15:45:51 »

Ronnie O'Sullivan, absolute genius on the snooker table
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #28818 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2024, 17:42:32 »

Before the Town Centre was developed.

* IMG_0735.jpeg (339.42 KB, 1225x759 - viewed 268 times.)

You just gotta keep livin man!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28819 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2024, 23:57:30 »

The old Market on the left.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28820 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 01:26:25 »

Typical Swindon, some fucking hoodie and balaclava wearing yoof in all black riding the wrong way down the road.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28821 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 10:09:01 »

The right side of the road is still exactly like that
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #28822 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 16:27:17 »

The right side of the road is still exactly like that

It’s great to see a little history of Swindon still there

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28823 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 20:11:14 »

It’s great to see a little history of Swindon still there

I used to own a house just round the corner on Tennyson Street. It was built in 1896 and the deeds contained a covenant that stated none of the houses in the area around the Rolleston Arms could be turned into a pub!
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #28824 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 20:15:11 »

I used to own a house just round the corner on Tennyson Street. It was built in 1896 and the deeds contained a covenant that stated none of the houses in the area around the Rolleston Arms could be turned into a pub!

Love stories like that sadly few and far between these days.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28825 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 21:45:30 »

Similar in the Broad St area I think.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #28826 on: Friday, January 12, 2024, 22:30:06 »

That Shed Seven are trending on Twitter and have their first number 1 album

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-67962485
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28827 on: Friday, January 12, 2024, 23:04:07 »

Ok, did I tell you my Shed Seven story.

So as a few of you may know I work in live music (making me prone to the odd clanging name drop.  Sorry)

Last October I was working the Shed Seven tour.  Started the run in Cardiff and was talking to Rick before leaving.  He asked if I was staying Cardiff of driving down to London for the next show.  I said Im stopping at home.  He said where do you live.  Chippenham I replied.  Chippenham.  I lived in Chippenham he answered.

I was suitably godsmacked and later in the tour we chatted more about it.  Apparently his parent moved to 'Nam when he was just out of school and he came down and lived in 'Nam for a year or so.  Turns out he lived at the top of the hill on Hardenhuish lane.  I live down the bottom of the hill about 200 foot away.

He worked in the garage on Bristol road and never got out as he had no mates and never found his tribe.  At the time I was playing bass in an Indie band.  Had we met as he walked past my house on his way to work we could have met up and started our own band!  Sliding doors moments.  He would have had to have stayed in Chippenham.  So thats would have been a bit of a problem.

Oh well.  The world got shed seven and I never got anywhere in my band.  Never mind.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28828 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 01:02:02 »

Oh well.  The world got shed seven and I never got anywhere in my band.  Never mind.

Maybe you were just Chasing Rainbows with that one G...or it was just a Matter of Time before Rick left 'Nam?  Wink

My mate Barnaby photographed their album cover, in Spain. Understandably he is made up. Top lad, done a lot of tour shots for The Libertines too

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28829 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 08:13:20 »

Ok, did I tell you my Shed Seven story.

So as a few of you may know I work in live music (making me prone to the odd clanging name drop.  Sorry)

Last October I was working the Shed Seven tour.  Started the run in Cardiff and was talking to Rick before leaving.  He asked if I was staying Cardiff of driving down to London for the next show.  I said Im stopping at home.  He said where do you live.  Chippenham I replied.  Chippenham.  I lived in Chippenham he answered.

I was suitably godsmacked and later in the tour we chatted more about it.  Apparently his parent moved to 'Nam when he was just out of school and he came down and lived in 'Nam for a year or so.  Turns out he lived at the top of the hill on Hardenhuish lane.  I live down the bottom of the hill about 200 foot away.

He worked in the garage on Bristol road and never got out as he had no mates and never found his tribe.  At the time I was playing bass in an Indie band.  Had we met as he walked past my house on his way to work we could have met up and started our own band!  Sliding doors moments.  He would have had to have stayed in Chippenham.  So thats would have been a bit of a problem.

I always loved Shed Seven, whilst everyone at my school was going mad over Oasis (apart from the sweaty crowd listening to their Pantera, Sepultura type stuff) I was being won over by a band from York. Change Giver was never off my CD player (sometimes it would be put aside for the Charlatans or Stone Roses) and my love affair for She'd Seven was born. To be fair at my school there were a few who shared my enthusiasm and we travelled across to see them at the Barrowlands or somewhere in Edinburgh. (worst memory in Europe)

I took Mrs Bob a few years ago to see them somewhere in London. What an evening going down memory lane singing along to all the classics. Marvellous.

Great news that they have a number 1 album at last. My story isn't as cool as yours either but fuckit, I'm hitting post anyway!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 1919 1920 1921 [1922] 1923 1924 1925 ... 1946   Go Up
Print
Jump to: