Pages: 1 ... 1832 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 1838 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518484 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27510 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 11:08:14 »

She doesn't expect the story to feature in Harry's book😀

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/20561974/prince-harry-toyboy-book-catherine-ommanney/

So, give no fucks
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #27511 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 13:47:48 »

She doesn't expect the story to feature in Harry's book😀

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/20561974/prince-harry-toyboy-book-catherine-ommanney/
“a prince can’t run off with a 34-year-old mother-of-two, it’s just not the done thing.”

I think Charles might disagree

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27512 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 15:34:20 »

Gas losing at home to Boreham Wood 2-0

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27513 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 16:34:59 »

Goodnight Irene 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27514 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 17:21:28 »

Off to Athens tomorrow for a few days. Not been since we’ve been here. Really looking forward to it - and a Dansak!

Not really looking forward to the the turbo prop airfix plane we have to fly on though.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #27515 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 18:25:49 »

Gas losing at home to Boreham Wood 2-0

And ex-Swindon player Will Evans that scored one of the goals too!  Clap
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27516 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 19:10:50 »

Oxford v Arsenal FA Cup 3rd round. I wonder if Swindon's name will be heard on TV😀

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #27517 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 19:34:59 »

Oxford v Arsenal FA Cup 3rd round. I wonder if Swindon's name will be heard on TV😀

I dont plan to watch so will never know
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27518 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 14:18:23 »

Christiano Ronaldo wants champions league........I mean £173million per year contract in Saudi Arabia's Al Nassr😀

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27519 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 09:39:45 »

It's not about the money though, it's about the experience.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27520 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 09:58:05 »

Clearly, I have never and will never experience the situation whereby money is absolutely no object, but it's always fascinated me the decisions footballers seemingly make based upon where they can earn the most money. The top top players (Mbappe is probably a case in point at 24) probably only really need to earn about 2 years cash to be able to have an absolutely comfortable life for them and their family. And so when they get to their twilight they can basically play for nothing. But some of them choose to play in places like the Middle East or China in order to earn the biggest payday they can. Perhaps they have always dreamed of playing football in these places, but I doubt it. (yes there is marketing and other such things the agent will be pushing on them etc etc)

I know his legacy is complete (ignoring the brushed under the carpet rape question), but would it hurt Ronaldo's bank balance to spend 2 years playing for free for his hometown club rather than take the riches elsewhere? Or donate the wages to under privileged kids in his hometown?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27521 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 10:30:28 »

Clearly, I have never and will never experience the situation whereby money is absolutely no object, but it's always fascinated me the decisions footballers seemingly make based upon where they can earn the most money. The top top players (Mbappe is probably a case in point at 24) probably only really need to earn about 2 years cash to be able to have an absolutely comfortable life for them and their family. And so when they get to their twilight they can basically play for nothing. But some of them choose to play in places like the Middle East or China in order to earn the biggest payday they can. Perhaps they have always dreamed of playing football in these places, but I doubt it. (yes there is marketing and other such things the agent will be pushing on them etc etc)

I know his legacy is complete (ignoring the brushed under the carpet rape question), but would it hurt Ronaldo's bank balance to spend 2 years playing for free for his hometown club rather than take the riches elsewhere? Or donate the wages to under privileged kids in his hometown?

Thing is, it seems to be human nature that enough money is never enough, I've got clients that are not much older than me, (including an ex footballer actually with some links to Town but that's another story) who are absolutely minted yet continue to work as hard as me to up their wealth (its not depressing at all!!).

I think for many footballers there is always the fear of what happens if.... some have the media where options are now getting more independent focussed like Ben Foster and Crouch (albeit his podcast is gash since Tom Fordyce left), but what for others the old pub landlord route now seems to have gone, less so for people like Ronaldo or Messi who have broken through into the mainstream and if they so chose would never have to work again, Mbappe is an interesting one as whilst massive in football he doesn't seem to have broken the mainstream yet?

If Ronaldo goes back to Sporting (not sure where his home town club is as he is from Madeira isn't he) it will all be well and good but what 'legacy', if he goes to Saudi he can persuade himself, like Beckham with the USA, that he is building the game in that country which will massage his ego, especially with their aim to get the WC in a few years, he could claim credit for that as well
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27522 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 10:33:14 »

Aside from the donations that are publicised I suspect that a lot of charitable work on behalf of Ronaldo goes under the radar.
Same for the other players in the mega wages bracket.

Mbappé reportedly earns anything from £650k to £2m a week so was possibly in a position to put his feet up some time ago.
Some millionaire lifestyles might be expensive to maintain after "retirement", depends on the individual I guess.
Might explain the need to keep maximising income.

When he was Leicester in the late 90's early 2000's I remember Robbie Savage saying that it would take 3 or 4 years (iirc) of playing in the PL to be set up for life.
Things have obviously moved on since then.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27523 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 10:48:58 »

Thing is, it seems to be human nature that enough money is never enough, I've got clients that are not much older than me, (including an ex footballer actually with some links to Town but that's another story) who are absolutely minted yet continue to work as hard as me to up their wealth (its not depressing at all!!).

I think for many footballers there is always the fear of what happens if.... some have the media where options are now getting more independent focussed like Ben Foster and Crouch (albeit his podcast is gash since Tom Fordyce left), but what for others the old pub landlord route now seems to have gone, less so for people like Ronaldo or Messi who have broken through into the mainstream and if they so chose would never have to work again, Mbappe is an interesting one as whilst massive in football he doesn't seem to have broken the mainstream yet?

If Ronaldo goes back to Sporting (not sure where his home town club is as he is from Madeira isn't he) it will all be well and good but what 'legacy', if he goes to Saudi he can persuade himself, like Beckham with the USA, that he is building the game in that country which will massage his ego, especially with their aim to get the WC in a few years, he could claim credit for that as well

Some good points made Horlock. Obviously, everyone is different and are motivated by different things. Taking your point about the 'what happens if' piece, I remember watching the Gazza documentary and thinking about what has happened to him since he stopped playing football and his life went totally downhill, simply because football was his life and once he retired he didn't know what to do. He filled that void with drinking unfortunately and his 'legacy' is somewhat tarnished because of what happened with Sheryl.

Aside from the donations that are publicised I suspect that a lot of charitable work on behalf of Ronaldo goes under the radar.
Same for the other players in the mega wages bracket.

Mbappé reportedly earns anything from £650k to £2m a week so was possibly in a position to put his feet up some time ago.
Some millionaire lifestyles might be expensive to maintain after "retirement", depends on the individual I guess.
Might explain the need to keep maximising income.

When he was Leicester in the late 90's early 2000's I remember Robbie Savage saying that it would take 3 or 4 years (iirc) of playing in the PL to be set up for life.
Things have obviously moved on since then.

You know as I was writing about the charity donations I did think that I'm sure that Ronaldo and other high-profile players probably donate a lot of time and money to charities close to their hearts which are not publicised. It's a good point about the maintenance of lifestyle, those Harrods bills aren't going to pay themselves! And how many Ferraris are too many?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27524 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 12:07:43 »

The fact that the English still grate  Cheesy
England fans chuckling at the Germans exit and you have the usual suspects grumbling on about 66 etc. Blah, blah, blah.
Fact is with 66, even if the ball didn't cross the line and it was ruled out we still scored again.
The real 56 years of hurt is with the whingers who have won fuck all.
Pages: 1 ... 1832 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 1838 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: